Pets you have IRL

General Discussion
A blood red diffused corn snake, the only keeper from my corn breeding days. Also a silver cat who tends to keep to herself, a tri colored chihuahua who stares at me 12 hours a day, and a half pitbull half dachshund with an unhealthy tennis ball obsession.
My pets died.

My extra special ones died too. Never the same afterwards.
Two big outdoor cats, one little indoor cat and a fluffy 5 year old Yorkie mix. ^_^
I have...7 cats and a dog. I embrace the judgemental looks.
1 tuxedo Cat (that is on my computer desk now)
1 black cat
Two Dachshund girls - a short hair tan standard and a long hair brown mini, love 'em to bits. Both RSPCA rescues.

Plus 15 fish or so, but they're not as fun :P
I have 2 Pit Bulls male about 80lbs names Rocky and my lil female baby Chewy shes about 40lbs blue.

I also have a cat but my female wants to eat it so it stays upstairs.
2 Leopard Geckos Named Tarry and Larry (both brothers)
Two cats I rescued and brought back from Japan named Mortimer and Gaz, and a pit bull named Hunny B
Let's see....

1.0 Inland Bearded Dragon <Pogona vitticeps> - 5 years old
1.0 Vittikin's Bearded Dragon <Pogona vitticeps x Pogona henrylawsonii> - 20 years old
1.0 Leopard Gecko (E. macularius> - 4 years old
0.1 Sonoran Gopher Snake <Pituophis catenifer affinis> - 16 years old
0.1 Rosehair Tarantula <Grammostola rosea> - 5 years old

And for the more traditional stuff...

One 20 year old cat that I swear is going to live forever and whine and cry all the way all the way there :)

One 7 year old cat that is going to passively aggressively harass the 20 year old all the way there :)

One 4 year old Benji looking dog (but white) that looks like he was a bad attempt as "designer breeding". Long and low with a big underbite. He is a good boy though. :)
An 8 month old working line German Shepherd.

Bah, that is nothing. Before I moved from Michigan to the Seattle area to be with my wife I met in Everquest, my house contained:

14 Snakes (everything from a 2' Eastern Hognose to a pair of 6-7' Common Boas)
3 Lizards ( 2 Bearded Dragons and a Spiny-tail Iguana)
4 Ferrets
2 Cats
and
1 Rosehair Tarantula :)
I grew up with cats, a long sequence of replacements as the older ones wore oit and broke down. Currently just an American Pit Bull Terrier, who is the laziest, friendliest, lovingest dog I have ever met.
I have one cat. His name is Thor. He is very very evil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLgpgl3LJT0

Watch as he evilly chases a stick in my ghetto backyard.
Four Samoyeds. One male and three females.

At dinnertime all four circle the table like land-sharks.
1 tuxedo Cat (that is on my computer desk now)
1 black cat

That's what I have too

My little one, Jiji, is more cuddly, but the big tuxedo one, Henry, has been known to chill on my desk while I'm playing.
01/09/2014 05:44 PMPosted by Alyssania

Bah, that is nothing. Before I moved from Michigan to the Seattle area to be with my wife I met in Everquest, my house contained:

14 Snakes (everything from a 2' Eastern Hognose to a pair of 6-7' Common Boas)
3 Lizards ( 2 Bearded Dragons and a Spiny-tail Iguana)
4 Ferrets
2 Cats
and
1 Rosehair Tarantula :)

Ok, I'll share this then. I now have 7 cats and a dog. But 7 years ago I had 11 cats (all but 3 were rescues), 2 dogs, 2 hermit crabs, 3 corn snakes, an African Gray Parrot, 3 large aquariums, and...hmmm.....oh yeah the 2 parakeets. All those critters got to be too much for little ol' me to take care of (I inherited all of those animals but three of the cats and the two dogs from my deceased aunt) so I downsized tremendously. I kept the cats I inherited but it took 5 years to rehome the rest...mostly because...who likes snakes?!
Whew!

plus:

01/09/2014 05:28 PMPosted by Coinpurse
My pets died.

This made me sad because it's true.

Edit: Ok you like snakes for sure, how did I miss that. 14! Creepy! :D
01/09/2014 05:28 PMPosted by Coinpurse
My pets died.

Sad.... and for me, not really true. I will always miss every cat and dog I've ever had who's no longer with me - but that doesn't stop me from adding to the crew.... and of course, eventually being sad and missing them too when they go to kitty or doggy (or horse - had two of them for around 20 years.... but they got old and died too....) heaven.

My heart has enough love for new ones.... even as it misses the old ones.
In my home are four cats and a dog- a jack russell terrier.
Three of the four cats are mostly outside though. They just come in to sleep. So I don't mind having them.