Suggestion: SEF glyph

Monk
Report from general forums in case the thread dies there but what do you all think?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/11223882288

--------------

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=137639

Storm, Earth, and Fire
10 Energy 40 yd range
Instant
Requires Monk (Windwalker)
Requires level 75
The Monk splits, summoning an elemental spirit to attack the target. The Monk can split into up to 2 elemental spirits at a time.

The spirits will attack their targets and mirror your damaging abilities. However, for each elemental spirit summoned the Monk's own damage will be reduced.

1 Spirit Summoned - Monk and spirit deal 70% of the Monk's normal damage.

2 Spirits Summoned - Monk and spirits deal 55% of the Monk's normal damage.

The elemental spirits will last until the Monk cancels the effect or their target dies or is otherwise unavailable.

Please add a glyph for SEF which would send your clones to two random targets within 5 or 10 yards from your current target (not your current target of course).

This would cut down on the unnecessary amount of time it usually takes to set this ability up during fights allowing us to continue our rotation instead of worrying about accidental targeting of mob that are 40 yards away :(.
I personally don't mind setting up clones. I am going to be doing 65% extra damage; I might as well make sure I have it some quality targets.

But, that is just me. I can see this being somewhat okay for people that don't want to set them up, and don't mind the repercussions that may ensue.
use the mouseover macro and its seriously not more than a point and click ability

#showtooltip Storm, Earth, and Fire
/cast [target=mouseover] Storm, Earth, and Fire
I have used that, it's more of a "dammit I cast a clone on Garrosh again instead of the mob 1 yard next to him!" and a way to cut down on time sending them out individually.

Basically the lazy man glyph.
use the mouseover macro and its seriously not more than a point and click ability

Also this too. But depending you can do as Ruder said and accidentally get the wrong target while things are grouped up. It can be prevented by taking a half second more to make sure you get it right, but then again glyph idea is

the lazy man glyph.

:P
this is the one you want...

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,exists,harm,nodead][] Storm, Earth, and Fire
01/09/2014 01:59 PMPosted by Frai

Also this too. But depending you can do as Ruder said and accidentally get the wrong target while things are grouped up. It can be prevented by taking a half second more to make sure you get it right, but then again glyph idea is

the lazy man glyph.

:P

Exactly!

I try to double check my target but things happen tab targeting is unreliable and sometimes even the @mouseover macro doesn't work on transition because your main target is too large or the group of mobs are stacked too tightly to individually target what I need to.

Excuses, excuses I know. ^.^

I'm not looking to rework the ability, just to add a glyph since it would of course need to be swapped in and out depending on the fight.
Lazy man glyphs generally come with a damage loss to make up for the ease of use.
Lazy man glyphs generally come with a damage loss to make up for the ease of use.

It would be a situational glyph that wouldn't be usable in all encounters.

I don't even remember the last time I actually needed to swap glyphs this expansion.
You will see what targets your clones are on, if you will be on same target as clone, the bar will change to red and you can set a sound so if you target same target as your clone is on you can hear that right away.

The glyph is to avoid sending the clones to your main target all together and to get them out faster, not about not noticing who they were attacking.

I use a poweraura to see what my clones are attacking.

And not sure how you play but i swap glyphs and talents almost every fight.

Talents I swap all of the time, glyphs not so much except maybe to swap out my SCK glyph for Brew when I use RJW, that's it.
Don't see the point. It isn't difficult to throw the clones out on different targets while running towards the pull.
the point is that it's wonky compared to the other pet/clones abilities of Hunters, Shams, Mages ...blah blah blah.

It's powerful because it's flexible, but it's Wonky.
But it's not like other pet abilities.

It's not any harder than multi-dotting.

Except you don't lose DPS when you DoT your primary target.
01/10/2014 08:24 AMPosted by Ruderlyn

I agree with this... for a few reasons.

Takes 3 Globals, and mouse manipulation/target tabbing strokes to effectively use SEF as opposed to 1 global and nothing else from other classes.... loss of two globals is a problem to me.
01/10/2014 08:24 AMPosted by Ruderlyn

You would if you already put your dots on him already and are simply reapplying them before you need to, that's a dps loss.

You should probably just have macros for each individual fight to be able to quickly target the one you want. If you're not willing to put forth the time and effort to perfectly choreographing the fight for yourself then you're doing it wrong.
You should probably just have macros for each individual fight to be able to quickly target the one you want. If you're not willing to put forth the time and effort to perfectly choreographing the fight for yourself then you're doing it wrong.

I do have my routine set for each fight, I know which mobs I throw them at and when but again there is always the "things happen" factor that can throw a wrench in your plans.

Now how about that fact that this would also help reduce the amount of time it takes to get your clones out?
01/10/2014 08:44 AMPosted by Ruderlyn

I do have my routine set for each fight, I know which mobs I throw them at and when but again there is always the "things happen" factor that can throw a wrench in your plans.

Now how about that fact that this would also help reduce the amount of time it takes to get your clones out?

Again necessitating a damage loss for the glyph. Whether its situational or not, if a glyph makes it it "easier" to do a certain action, especially to the extent that your proposed glyph would, it comes with a damage loss. The only time this hasn't been true was I believe Warlocks and which was only a thing because dot snapshottin is a thing. If not for dop snapshottin it absolutely would have been a dps loss in optimal situations to use.