Prot-Ret Still viable?

Paladin
Is prot-ret still viable? Having never been prot-ret I thought just before the expansion goes live I would give it a try in bg's and so on

Thoughts would be wondrous
Is prot-ret still viable? Having never been prot-ret I thought just before the expansion goes live I would give it a try in bg's and so on

What do you mean still viable? The answer is no, since you can't cherry pick talents anymore. You have to spend 31 points in one tree before you unlock the other two, and at most you would get into tier 2 in the second tree.
To clarify:

Is Prot spec in Ret Gear in Battlegrounds still a fun/bursty way of PvP'ing

I do understand how the new talent system works thanks ;-)

What do you mean still viable? The answer is no, since you can't cherry pick talents anymore. You have to spend 31 points in one tree before you unlock the other two, and at most you would get into tier 2 in the second tree.

How is that different from before? Prot pallies would still spend at least 51 points in prot, to get HotR. It's no different now.

"Prot-ret" or "protribution" was simply being a prot pally, with PvP talents instead of PvE ones, in the only melee PvP gear available. It still is.

And yes, of course it's viable. Chain AS procs really irritate casters.
Then it's a ridiculous question honestly, since the only PvP gear avaialble is either healer gear or crit DPS gear.

How is that different from before? Prot pallies would still spend at least 51 points in prot, to get HotR. It's no different now.

"Prot-ret" or "protribution" was simply being a prot pally, with PvP talents instead of PvE ones, in the only melee PvP gear available. It still is.

And yes, of course it's viable. Chain AS procs really irritate casters.
Then it's a ridiculous question honestly, since the only PvP gear avaialble is either healer gear or crit DPS gear.

It's not a ridiculous question really if you had bothered to read my next post.

Dps gear is what protribution Paladins want.