City Tabards and BC Dungeons

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 7 Next
I was running UK on my 70 Blood Elf Priest , was wearing the Org Tabard, and was not getting rep for Org

Loophole! UK's a level 68 dungeon. Lylirra clearly said "70-80" for Wrath ;)
I'd like to state that one as false.. you should say "Northrend HEROIC dungeons", my priest ,who's 71, did around 10 dungeons with the tabard on and zero reputation gain for any of 'em. Unless it's bugged....

To my understanding, both normal and Heroic Wrath of the Lich King dungeons should award reputation to players who are wearing the new faction tabards. There may be additional requirements, however, that aren't overly explicit.

I'll look into this a bit further and then get back to you. :)

Nope

15-60 I as getting rep, some instances didn't award any, I forgot which I want to say ZF but not exactly sure
60-70 none at all from instance
70-76 none at all in WotLk NORMAL instances
yea.. priest didn't get any rep in UK or Nexus :(
On the Issue of BC instances:

Are there any plans on retuning them? Or instance maps? Quests inside?

As soon as you hit 60, it's far better to just do Hellfire->Nagrand->Northrend than to LFD. The dungeons are boring, give little experience, and have some really annoying packs of mobs that, while pose little danger, stun/disarm/fear/mind control the Tank/group into oblivion and generally waste time.
BC instances should really have a map, I have addons with maps of the place that only lack player arrows (no loc coords) but the game does not. I think they mentioned something about going through and redoing BC stuff down the road after cata was out the door though?

BC instances do generally have one annoying fear or mind-control or otherwise annoying mob you may want to CC or otherwise lockdown/interrupt. They will be great practice for the new dungeons. enjoy? :/
I'd like to state that one as false.. you should say "Northrend HEROIC dungeons", my priest ,who's 71, did around 10 dungeons with the tabard on and zero reputation gain for any of 'em. Unless it's bugged....

To my understanding, both normal and Heroic Wrath of the Lich King dungeons should award reputation to players who are wearing the new faction tabards. There may be additional requirements, however, that aren't overly explicit.

I was figuring that the City tabards (Orgrimmar, etc) worked the same as the Northrend tabards (Kirin Tor, etc):

- You get rep in the level 80 dungeons, awarded to the faction that you are "championing" with your tabard
- You get rep in the heroic dungeons, awarded to the faction that your are "champining"
- You don't get rep in low-70 or mid-70 dungeons.

Remember, folks, Northrend tabards didn't give rep until you reached the "level 80" dungeons, and most likely all the City tabards do is switch who the rep goes to.

(An interesting side question: will Northrend tabards award rep in the 1-60 or 81-85 dungeons?)
Never mind.
If u read the tooltips about the rep you receive from WofLK dungeons (this may also have been in a wratch patch note as well) while wearing a certain faction's tabard...You will only receive the rep if you are going thru the dungeon on "Heroic" mode. Nothing said you'd get rep for running the dungeons on normal mode so running thru UK when ur lvl 68 and wearing Kirin Tor tabard won't get u any rep for them. However running thru UK at lvl 80 and on Heroic will give you Kirin Tor rep.

On another note I saw someone post they were getting Gilneas rep and I've got a question about that. I've been running my priest and my mage thru the new zone quests and when I turn them in i've been getting "Alliance" rep. While that's all well and good, most of my rep with alliance factions were already at exalted but a couple factions (usually IF and the gnomes) were still Revered so I thought I'd see these going up when I tracked one. When gaining this "Alliance" rep after turning in a quest, I don't see these particular factions gaining any rep. Why not? (the only time I gained any rep with IF or Gnomer was when I went to their starting zones and did the quests there that gave specific faction rep along with said Alliance rep. Also I did see that my toons have been getting Gilneas rep (I figured out this was where my "alliance" rep was going when gaining it from quest turn ins) which is cool...However...this rep seems to cap at 5999/6000 on any of my toons that have gained this type of rep. Is this intentional? I'm guessing that Blizz doesn't want any of our current toons to gain too much rep with Gilneas before Cata is released so that we don't start off with exalted rep when the expansion goes live...has anyone else gotten more rep than 5999 for Gilneas?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-reputation.xml?r=Thrall&cn=Cryaanth

i linked my rep page from the armory for my mage to show that my Gilneas rep capped out as I said so far at 5999 even though I've contiued questing to work towards Loremaster of Kalimdor, Eastern Kingdoms.

side note: I'm very glad now that the Loremaster achievements show exactly how many quests each zone has to have completed to finish these two...thx Blizz :)
to the contrary of any above post... I've only received reputation in most (not all) classic dungeons, azjol-nerub on the hadronox encounter, and rep from dungeons that are listed as from 77 to 80. All the other dungeons even on a toon below 80 rewarded 0 reputation otherwise. The classic dungeon I did not receive reputation was zul'farrak.
azjol-nerub on the hadronox encounter

I got this too. Almost certainly a bug, like the rep that was just removed from the tunnel gauntlet in Pit of Saron. Shh, don't tell the bug report team.

I was figuring that the City tabards (Orgrimmar, etc) worked the same as the Northrend tabards (Kirin Tor, etc):

- You get rep in the level 80 dungeons, awarded to the faction that you are "championing" with your tabard
- You get rep in the heroic dungeons, awarded to the faction that your are "champining"
- You don't get rep in low-70 or mid-70 dungeons.

Remember, folks, Northrend tabards didn't give rep until you reached the "level 80" dungeons, and most likely all the City tabards do is switch who the rep goes to.

(An interesting side question: will Northrend tabards award rep in the 1-60 or 81-85 dungeons?)

The fact is, blues stated that we would get rep for "Normal Northrend dungeons" Your facts may have merit, however Blizzard thus stating otherwise should be still questioned.
I say this because at even 80 my "new" tabards do not give rep in any normal dungeons nor for my level 74 toon either.
It seems that level 69-78 Northrend instances don't give rep either (regulars). Working as intended?
I noticed while wearing my City tabard for Thunderbluff that my Blood Elf mage was not receiving the additional 62.5 reputation per turn-in per faction of the Champion's Writs for the Argent Tournament. Is this also an intended fix or is that a bug of wearing the tabard?

I didn't notice this until I had used 39 writs, and even though that isn't a massive amount of rep missing it is a significant amount. I figured I would post this question here as it relates to the current topic.
I noticed while wearing my City tabard for Thunderbluff that my Blood Elf mage was not receiving the additional 62.5 reputation per turn-in per faction of the Champion's Writs for the Argent Tournament. Is this also an intended fix or is that a bug of wearing the tabard?

I didn't notice this until I had used 39 writs, and even though that isn't a massive amount of rep missing it is a significant amount. I figured I would post this question here as it relates to the current topic.

Thunder Bluff Tabard
Equip: You champion the cause of Thunder Bluff. All reputation gains while in dungeons will be applied to your standing with them.

-nowhere in there does it say anything about rep turn-in bonuses.
I wore my Gilneas tabard while running WotLK randoms over the weekend and didn't get any rep (only dungeons I have gotten tabard rep from are Classic Dungeons).
Only the Northrend dungeons-difficulties which already provide rep will provide rep for wearing a tabard. I've experienced this on live... not a big deal.
I've done about 20 Northrend dungeons from 70~78 on three different characters that I've been leveling to 80 in the last week and have not seen any reputation gains. All of them have had a city tabard on since the Shattering. Well, that's not entirely true. Hadronox in Azjol-Nerub gives me 300 rep. None of the other dungeons have given me any rep that I've noticed from all the runs I've done.

Only the Northrend dungeons-difficulties which already provide rep will provide rep for wearing a tabard. I've experienced this on live... not a big deal.

True not a big deal, but also not what was posted by a blue.