Rolling mage. What race for horde?

Mage
Mainly for PVE, and some occasional PVP since mages are pretty op.

Goblin seems like obvious choice due to the extra blink and haste. But I don't really feel like waiting. Troll maybe?
Bamp
Well goblin racials will probably get nerfed as they're hella crazy. Troll sounds viable. They also get a cool new starting zone, mon!
Mainly for PvE? Belf or Troll. The extra mana is going to be real nice at 85. Trolls have good racials, the animations are awful though.
If you want to pick based solely on racials, I'd say it's a tough call, and it depends on what you're going to focus on. Otherwise, I would definitely pick what you think looks best. I went with Troll for the looks.
If you want to pick based solely on racials, I'd say it's a tough call, and it depends on what you're going to focus on. Otherwise, I would definitely pick what you think looks best. I went with Troll for the looks.

+1

Think about the number of hours you will be watching your toon stroll through the world of Azeroth. I think that appearance, emote's etc are also important. Pick something you will be happy with for a long time to come. I picked troll for both racial abilities and style.
If frost specced, Orc - pet will do 5% more damage and you get your little spellpower boost every few minutes.
If you're PvPing, pet damage as a mage is very insignificant IMO. My pet is basically there as a mobile freeze device.
Undead.

Blow everyone away with your awesome casting animations.

So true.

Will of the Forsaken is also a good one but, others could be better
Orc... ppl forget its an option now.. +spellpower racial ftw.
Orc Mage ftw.

Go with the race that you think looks the best.
I haven't seen theorycraft that compares Orc to Troll yet. They're both good though; I just don't know which is better.
There really is no choice, Undead is the master race.
Undead.

Blow everyone away with your awesome casting animations.

^

(Still got nothing on my beard though.)
undead racials rule
cannibalism and underwater breathing are very handy for solo questing, and a little shadow resistance and dodge doesn't hurt a thing.
also have to love the casting animation as mentioned above ^^^^.