Word of Glory, not so glorious?

Paladin
For Ret pallies using word of glory takes away our strongest move Templar's Verdict. So it is give and take we can not go all out and heal at the same time.

thanks the the TV change revert Exo is your strongest move as Ret.

This...TV is a wet noodle now, Exorcism is our big hitting finisher now.
No it isn't. TV hits harder if you have a good weapon. TV crits more often and for far more damage.

If your TV is doing less damage than Exorcism then you have bad gear or you're wearing Intellect.

Wrong. My gear is fine and my TV hits for 6600 on an 80 dummy and my exorcism hits for 9200. However TV scales better than exo and by the time we are 85 and have decent gear TV will begin to hit for more or around the same vs plate.

Inquisition interacts better with Exo, it still hits harder then TV.

On beta my verdicts would crit for over 30k on an 85 dummy while my exorcisms crit for 25k with inquisition. Besides most the time you wont have inquistion up in pvp.
Word of Glory is terrible now for holy pallys. with the new nerf of paladins i would rather it cost mana then holy power. generating holy power now sux because of the long delay on Blessed life to get 1 holy power and Protector of the innocent has to be on another target and reduced healing of Holy Shock. yeah, not so glorious anymore...
It's not just Prot PvP. I use it all the time in PvE. Once I get a good threat lead I switch to using WoG and use that almost exclusively for the rest of the fight unless I need to get more threat.

Just bad. If you are a tank man you tank you put out threat use your shield walls. You will never heal yourself except if it is a specific circumstance. So no in pve it is bad. Also in pve it has been nerfed greatly for ret and prot with the adjustment to the holy tree talent for self heals.
How the hell is holy paladin qqing about ret heals. Look in the mirror imo

This.

I think the one main point that you two seem to be missing is that I am a healer. I should have overpowered heals compared to my dps and tank counterparts, who should heal for considerably less, thus giving me a role in the game.
Mind you I'm still leveling, so what do I know?

I use WoG to take the pressure off of the healer and to "hopefully" give myself the absorption shield.

The absorption shield is the mastery for Holy spec. Healing yourself as Prot/Ret will not grant you the shield.

Overhealing as prot, while speced into guarded by the light makes all over healing an absorption effect.

Lets clarify this to say all WoG overhealing while spec'd into guarded by the light causes an absorbtion shield.
Word of Glory is terrible now for holy pallys. with the new nerf of paladins i would rather it cost mana then holy power. generating holy power now sux because of the long delay on Blessed life to get 1 holy power and Protector of the innocent has to be on another target and reduced healing of Holy Shock. yeah, not so glorious anymore...

.....what?
WoG is amazing for holy paladins, always has been, hopefully always will be. Unless there was a ninja patch in the past 2 or 3 days that I missed, it's not terrible for holy paladins. As far as ret goes, it doesn't heal for as hard as everyone is making it out to be (can't say much about prot seen as I haven't played since 4.0). As far as PvP goes, I get MAYBE a 6-8k WoG as ret, and as holy a 20k WoG.

And for PvE it's only better. LoD is also amazing now <3
Holy shock was never supposed to be our main heal. EVER.
If you're using it to gain holy power you're doing it wrong and need to reroll.
Holy light is still our main heal.

I am referring to pvp for pve i have no issues. I should have made that more clear. 20k WoG is great but not when you are getting hit for 22k by other classes. having to wait to cast it again is what i mean by not so glorious. I am just frustrated i guess.
As a Holy Pally, I find Word of Glory an alright spell, nothing to get excited over, but useful. But over the course of the last week I'm finding it horrible for Ret and Protection Pallies.

I watched a 30k hp Ret Pally take on a Feral Druid tank with 50k hp. He killed the Druid since he had a heal that could heal him back to almost full, basically the ability to Lay on Hands over and over at no cost to him in mana nor debuff. I find that a bit much.

But, I think the biggest annoyance are tanks, who no longer care if their group, including their healer, is with them, because they can now not only faceroll with damage, but heal it all back again, at no cost to them.

TL;DR - I see the utility of the spell, shouldn't it be dumbed down some for Ret and Prot in some way?

You should get a duel spec and try it for yourself before coming to the forums and saying it needs to be dumbed down. As ret and prot if you use WoG you are sacrificing damage in order to heal.
Good try, but it is free when the holy power is not always consumed, (assuming they put points in that) and with how quickly holy power is gained.

As for trying to get Ret and Prot nerfed, I actually run 3 Pallies. A nerf would benefit me none.

Well, how quickly is it gained? please put in more thouhgt. for your information I could say DKs could never die, since their heals have no cd and no mana cost, would that be true?

.....what?
WoG is amazing for holy paladins, always has been, hopefully always will be. Unless there was a ninja patch in the past 2 or 3 days that I missed, it's not terrible for holy paladins. As far as ret goes, it doesn't heal for as hard as everyone is making it out to be (can't say much about prot seen as I haven't played since 4.0). As far as PvP goes, I get MAYBE a 6-8k WoG as ret, and as holy a 20k WoG.

And for PvE it's only better. LoD is also amazing now <3
Holy shock was never supposed to be our main heal. EVER.
If you're using it to gain holy power you're doing it wrong and need to reroll.
Holy light is still our main heal.

I am referring to pvp for pve i have no issues. I should have made that more clear. 20k WoG is great but not when you are getting hit for 22k by other classes. having to wait to cast it again is what i mean by not so glorious. I am just frustrated i guess.

Well I hate to burst your bubble, but as it's been said time after time again by blizz reps, this game isn't based around PvP. Yes they'll put it in here and try to balance it out for other peoples interests, but they have bigger things to worry about. the other thing is the next arena season (and rated BGs) isn't until a week after cata is released, I doubt many ppl will be 85 by then so they'll have time to work on PvP for the first season and if not then definitely for the second season.

the other thing is, arena's and rated BG's aren't meant to have a one man army, which is what you're asking for. it's based around teamwork and communication. You can't pug rated BG's either from what I understand so you shouldn't have to worry about that one either.

funny, several talents that were nerfed were the pvp based talents. if the blizz reps were not concerned with "pvp" then why bother changing anything? food for thought. I am not asking to be a one man army, i am very well aware that it is a team concept. it is not like i am kicking the crap out of several players at once. holy is a defensive position that you take, healing is your best weapon against other players. with the higher output of dps to me it is only fair that there is higher healing. good dps players will take down a good healer. i just want to be able to defend myself. i do agree that SOME of the talents needed to be nerfed. i just feel that they took off a little too much. good discussion with you! Good hunting!
i boot healers if they don't pull at least 1k dps on boss fights .. ok i am joking.

I think the op misses the point when tanks dps and healers are running heroics with gearthat is 3-5 tiers higher than the 187 blues the heroics where tuned for . if you are not sleeping through those dungeons as a healer .. your group is bad.

don't worry with the damage that will be coming at you in a few weeks you will kinda wish for these day.. you will be thankfull for the pally tank who can help you keep him/her and the rest of the group up.
The only reason wog is amazing for ret is because holy power gain for ret is faster which means we use it more. Calm down nerds.
The only reason wog is amazing for ret is because holy power gain for ret is faster which means we use it more. Calm down nerds.

Nah the actual numbers are pretty close to the same for holy and ret. I go back and forth pvping as ret or holy and both get WoG crits for around 17kish, and this is without selfless healer as ret. If I took selfless healer it would be 25kish on other players. More often than not I end up with more healing than damage as ret and outheal the bad healers on our team, of course I'm probably just a baddie.