Bigger minimap?

New Player Help and Guides
I seem to remember there being a way to make the minimap bigger, so that everything wasnt so scrunched up. But I cant seem to figure out how to do it. Is that still possible? If so, how do I do it?
You can zoom in and out, but other than using an AddOn I don't think there's a way to resize it.
If you mean bigger as in zoomed in, the mouse wheel will zoom the minimap for you. Otherwise, there's no way to physically resize it.

- Corylyn/Wynnoa, Wyrmrest Accord
Yeah I have noticed you can't zoom out as much as you used to be able too
You might want to check out Carbonite. I've been using it for a while and like it, even better than the current default mini-map, which is better by far than the original.
Carbonite is terrible and horrifically clunky and uses a lot of system resources. If you are looking to try and change your minimap in the most lightweight AND customizable way possible download the addond Chinchilla Minimap
Sexymap, all day, every day.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/sexymap.aspx
You can press Shift+M to bring up a small, translucent map of the entire zone that can be clicked/dragged anywhere on your screen.
Carbonite is terrible and horrifically clunky and uses a lot of system resources. If you are looking to try and change your minimap in the most lightweight AND customizable way possible download the addond Chinchilla Minimap

I haven't had any problems with Carbonite that I'm aware of. I'm now giving Chinchilla a try, though. Thanks for the information.
I wish there were an add on that gave us a minimap like the one carbonite provides (reshaping and resizing) without all the extra stuff that you don't really need if your not leveling.