"Warchief" Thrall still at the Argent Tourny

General Discussion
people will complain just to complain
Just like going to Outland, and then Northrend doesn't make sense with the new lore if making a character from level 1, as they are in different "time pockets" in the time line, ToC would probably fall into the same category.

Except current Thrall is in Outland, which really makes things weird.
It would be an even bigger disconnect in story if Warchief Garrosh turned up because it would mean he some how mastered time travel.
A Wizard did it.
How to fix all the time problems: Put Bronze Drakes at the Dark Portal and starting zones of Northrend with a quest: "You need more strength in the coming battles, so experience the past! Go on through and talk to NPC X."

Boom. All fixed.
WTB Verisimilitude.
I personally understand the limitations of games and see no problem with the time thing. It's a video game, you have to accept that sort of thing. However, to help with people who dislike that sort of thing, using the new style of being able to add quests at certain points without having to speak to a questgiver, they could do something like this.

At level 58, a quest pops up in the corner similar to how Sylvanas speaks to you in the Forsaken zones. It's Chromie or some other bronze dragon. "Brave <name>, you have done great things for the world... but Deathwing and his followers are far more powerful than you can imagine. As such, we have altered the dark portal so that you can travel back in time, before Illidan's death, to prepare yourself and train for the battles to come."

Then at 68, another similar thing for the Lich King, telling that the boats/zeppelins will transport you to the past for Arthas. These two quests would be a nice temporary fix until they finish their revamp of Outlands and Northrend and some people might stop being annoyed.

Edit: Spelling errors.
I read about a suggestion for this earlier and I really liked the idea of it so I'll repeat it here. To fix the time inconsistencies, just eliminate the entrance to Outland/Northrend via the Dark Portal and ships/zeppelins. Instead, put portals either in the Caverns of Time OR the places where the ships/zeppelins/Dark Portal used to be and have a representative from the Bronze Dragonflight next to it saying that, if you go through that portal, you'll be sent to the past where Outland/Northrend are in turmoil. He'll say that the past needs your help in dealing with these problems.

No need to fix up anything to bring it up-to-date and it makes sense. Easy!
I read about a suggestion for this earlier and I really liked the idea of it so I'll repeat it here. To fix the time inconsistencies, just eliminate the entrance to Outland/Northrend via the Dark Portal and ships/zeppelins. Instead, put portals either in the Caverns of Time OR the places where the ships/zeppelins/Dark Portal used to be and have a representative from the Bronze Dragonflight next to it saying that, if you go through that portal, you'll be sent to the past where Outland/Northrend are in turmoil. He'll say that the past needs your help in dealing with these problems.

No need to fix up anything to bring it up-to-date and it makes sense. Easy!

This is an incredibly good idea.
I just blame it on mages casting timewarp in the future.
Mana crazy Blood elves can now be rage driven warriors, I don't think they give 100% to the lore team.

Icing on the cake with my homie Red shirt guy
I blame Chromie. Never trust a gnome with time-controlling powers.
Death Knights created the same problem, there story leads them to Northrend but they still have to do quests in outlands
To everyone actually complaining about this... look at this snip-et from Blizzcon 2010... It's explained in the first few minutes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCcEQAP7tns

Chris Metzen answers it perfectly.
To veteran players the discontinuity isn't too big of a deal, since we understand what's going on. I'm curious about how it "feels" to a brand new player, though. It must be confusing as hell.
To veteran players the discontinuity isn't too big of a deal, since we understand what's going on. I'm curious about how it "feels" to a brand new player, though. It must be confusing as hell.

Goto the youtube video in my post above, it explains everything very well... here I'll repost it for you and others:

I was browsing the Emblem of Triumph vendor's wares in Dal earlier. :o

Goto the youtube video in my post above, it explains everything very well... here I'll repost it for you and others:

I've seen that before, and I'm well aware of WHY it is the way it currently is.

I'm just curious as to what goes through the head of a new player when transitioning from shattered Azeroth to Outland and Northrend then back to shattered Azeroth, all without any real in-game context to explain it.