Fastest way to 85

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
this is what is wrong with WOW :(
hi, i have 7 80s. the last thing in the world i want to do is take my time leveling, particularly through tbc/wrath

6 here. I would rather slide side saddle down a 10 foot razor blade into a pool of alcohol than "enjoy" and take my time leveling. The real game always begins at max level.

But on the first 80-85 character that you level, will you quest? I understand after going through an expansion on 2-3 characters, you get bored of the quests. What I am astounded about is that people are going to level their first 80-85 by dungeons alone.
Dungeon queueing will suckf or the speed levelers. You guys are the minority, so there wont be alot of level 84s grinding out in whatever dungeon to pick from. Just keep racing through the quests as fast as possible, so you can get back to complaining about how there is nothing to do.
I prefer the "run lots of instances" method for just blowing through XP. You arrive at the cap with gear that's already in pretty good entry-level shape (much better than quest gear).

Note: this method is probably slower than questing, but the gear tradeoff's worth it. And I plan to do it with guildies, not randoms.

But I also love quest content, I generally go back and run it once the time pressure's off.
So whats everyones plans to get to 85 asap.

I think ill probably just dungeon as much as possible since im a tank and will probably have instant queue times.

how about you?

Your idea is good in theory. Insta queues and all that. But have you calculated in wipe time? How about the time spent replacing your monitor because you punched a hole through it because you nerd raged at all the moronic DPS you are getting stuck with in LFD?

I have no idea which method will be the most efficient use of your time if you single minded goal is to reach 85 as quickly as possible. However, my single minded goal will be to have a freaking blast playing a game. So for me the most efficient way to reach my goal will involve a little questing and some BGs and tanking some dungeons and dpsing some dungeons.

Log in at Hodir dailies, turn them in, use Argent Tournament tabard, turn the rest of my dailies in, direbrew remote -> BRC discovery with my 5 man group if necessary (I've already went there on live but don't know if the discovery will count until Cata), do BRC 5-6 times @ 12 min a clear hitting 82 and then going to Deepholm to quest, skipping the terrible starting zone conditions and getting ahead of the curve.
So whats everyones plans to get to 85 asap.

I think ill probably just dungeon as much as possible since im a tank and will probably have instant queue times.

how about you?

Gonna cruise through quests in Vashj'ir and Hyjal, and wait for the people standing SW for a queue to hit the zone and go "OMG, DUNGEON HARD!" in /1.
I am going to see how long it takes to herb my way to 85 on my DK. No quests, no dungeons, just herbing. See you all in 4-5 months...

Are you going to kill things that attack you while you're herbing, or just run away?
hi, i have 7 80s. the last thing in the world i want to do is take my time leveling, particularly through tbc/wrath

6 here. I would rather slide side saddle down a 10 foot razor blade into a pool of alcohol than "enjoy" and take my time leveling. The real game always begins at max level.

But on the first 80-85 character that you level, will you quest? I understand after going through an expansion on 2-3 characters, you get bored of the quests. What I am astounded about is that people are going to level their first 80-85 by dungeons alone.

Same as I always level-quest and stay q'ed for dungeons. I am pretty sure that by the next x-pac I will have seen all the new stuff. Max level pronto is always the plan. All I want to see at this point is the inside of arena again.
I too enjoy dungeon crawling, however A few beta videos I have seen they make mention that the XP gain is incredibly low in 5 mans.

I am not sure if this is an issue that has been fixed or will be when cata goes live, but the differance was substantial enough that I will quest my way to if things stay the same.

Ever since I found my first Sealed Vial of Poison I've been saving and buying them. My guild banks tabs and my bank tabs are all filled with thousands of them I've bought from the ah. And once Cata begins I'm going to walk up to that poison man in Dalaran and turn in that quest several thousand times. Then I'm going to turn in the log of completed daily quest I've already got completed. And then mere hours after launch I shall reign supreme, or more likely just go to bed, or level an alt. THEY ALL LAUGHED WHEN I BOUGHT ALL THAT POISON. WHO'S LAUGHING NOW?

This item doesn't work in Cataclysm beta. The quest in Cataclysm gives only money and reputation, no experience.
I don't plan on rushing to 85. My time will be spent leveling up my new characters, archeology, making some $$ and enjoying the game :D
The game isn't going anywhere, and I'm not big on endgame content, so I'll be taking my time.

Same, my goblin mage and rogue are coming before my current main. By the time they get to 85 everyone else will be doing end-game stuff, but that's okay.
I'm going to be leveling via pure Herbing.
Because I bloody can
looksl ike the general consensus is the questing will be alot faster than dungeoning. i think i might focus on questing. i want to get to 85 fast. i can get the gear for heroics when i get to 85. saving 4k JPs and as a tank ill be able to just queue for low level noramls over and over to get the gear.
It seems the fastest way to level will be to quest the order will go:
Mt. Hyjal: 80-82
Vashj: 82-83(only if you want mount and aren't going for realm first)
Deepholm: 82-83.5
Uldum: 83.5-84/85
Twilight Highlands: Only if you need it. (you shouldn't though)

You will need to discover dungeons before you can use them, but they won't be the fastest way to level.

A lot of threads are saying the you should do the complete 25 quests and hand them in, the problem with this is you will be a long way behind the rest of the realm first levelers and will be stuck with the rest of the realm...
I think a lot of people are forgetting that on launch night there will be a massive bottleneck of quest items and mobs to kill in the starting zones.

While the ULTIMATE fastest way to hit 85 may be to do "X".... what if "X" is being camped by 5000 players on your server and you cant tag the mob fast enough? You are essentially sitting there waiting on a mob to spawn...

All the people saying they did "this" on beta to lvl fast, didn't have to compete with an entire server that just purchased the game. Its not guaranteed to be the fastest way

I know from the beta, the first few quests in hyjal require you to pick some berries and feed them to dragon whelps... those berries will be camped. Then a few quests later, you have to pick up bone fragments to make a staff... those bone fragments will be camped.

I personally think dungeon grinding may be the fastest way to get around the bottle neck, and get out front a little bit..... those 5000 people in hyjal cant steal your mobs in your instance.

It may not be the best experience available in the game, but you have to take into account that bottleneck of players fighting over very limited spawns and items. Standing around waiting on something to pop and hoping you get it is 0 xp an hour.
I gotta get to 85 super fast so I stand stand around Org/SW complaining that there is nothing to do and I'm bored.