i r broked

Paladin
So, I just got back from a Thanksgiving vacation. What happend to my numbers :( What has Blizzard done to them. Why does my TV hit like a wet noodle?
they shifted from balanced for 80 to balanced for 85

spend some time with the new content they just released, and don't stress about the numbers
I'm not too worried about it, Cata is very close now. I just notice a considerable difference in the damage of a few abilitys. I didn't recall reading about nerfs to them so I figured I would make a post. I hope it is balanced at 85 though..
I'm not too worried about it, Cata is very close now. I just notice a considerable difference in the damage of a few abilitys. I didn't recall reading about nerfs to them so I figured I would make a post. I hope it is balanced at 85 though..

I don't expect numbers to be right until January. They may be too high, too low, or just plained bugged.

until then, there's no point in stressing numbers, especially when there's content to enjoy, which at least imo is the real reason to play the game in the first place.
I am loving the current content. Working on Loremaster etc, lots of things to do. Farming Sands of Time rep with some friends and noticed that my TV and CS among other things were doing far less damage then a few days ago (As I said just got home from my Thanksgiving vacation, I don't think I had done anything combat related before leaving which was Tuesday night so, who knows. Anyways as I said, not too woried about it, was just curious as I didn't read any changes to said abilitys on the patch notes.
^___^

I leveled a Pally in the beta from 80 to 85. Before they nurfed us, leveling was rather easy. After they implimented the new talant tree and the new mechanics, leveling became a pain. There were many quests I couldn't do simply because I didn't do enough damage to kill the enemy before I got killed.

I ended up running with a mage just to complete the quests. The mage's dps was increased after the patch so it made things much easier.

Numbers matter. Even before Cata goes live.
numbers are the easiest thing for the devs to change
numbers are the easiest thing for the devs to change

exactly why it bothers some of us that they often change painfully slow when it is clear to everyone playing ("LF1M dps anyone except a paladin") that there is a problem with a classes' numbers.
Tonight on Saurfang I did more dps/damage then the ret pally whose Ilvl was higher and was at haste cap whatever it was. 10k DPS and still getting beat by a healer... Something is messed up. Of course I was spamming exorcism which had a guaranteed crit for like 11.3k and had a 1.02 cast time. The disc priest and Resto shammy were thankful for the extra healing to keep busy with but in the end elated with, "man that was boring"

I wonder what kalgan would have to say about that?