Hunter DPS Professions for Cataclysm?

Hunter
Has anyone done any number crunching? Is the JC/BS combo still king?
I've been looking over some of the other professions, and it seems like they've received some powerful perks.
I wouldn't mind knowing now so I can prepare for Dec. 7th.
With my lvl 80 hunter i was alchemy/JC, don't know or think it is the best como, but i liked the fact that i didn't had to buy the flasks, and i could transmute the gems, i also made my DK to be miner and herbalist, so i get everything with that one
as of 4.01 Engineering/JC is the best.
as of 4.01 Engineering/JC is the best

And as of 4.0.3 engineering tinkers no longer stack with enchants. Welcome to the future.
If you're looking for the best from a pure dps perspective for 85, the answer is JC + LW. LW is definitely the strongest hunter profession right now in Cata because although most professions give 80 agility, LW also allows you to replace a 65 crit or haste bracer enchant (or the cheaper 50 crit/hit/haste enchant) with an additional 50 agil, which is worth a lot more dps.

In terms of JC, it amounts to 1 more agil from the profession than most (which isn't terribly significant), but BS, inscription, alchemy and enchanting will all give 80 agil so they're roughly interchangable. LW is the only one that stands out because of the situation with the bracer enchant.

Engineering is currently very weak in Cata because the only new glove enchant suitable to physical dps is very badly designed. Not only is it not a large upgrade over the level 80 version of the pyro rockets (there is no new haste version), it's based off spell hit, crit and crit dmg multiplier, which makes it especially weak. Until they address the problem and either fix the tazik shocker or add an agil based glove enchant, engineering will be fairly weak compared to most professions. It still has a bunch of nice toys though, so if the dps isn't so critical to you it may still be a reasonable profession to pick up.
Zeherah, would this help eng at all?:
http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/84411/high-powered-bolt-gun/

Not sure what the range is or if uses a GCD.

EDIT: ack it has a .5 cast time

I was hoping Eng would be great, especially since we'll most likely be SV and the glove enchant is nature damage.
Thank you very much for the information Zeherah. =)
I might stick with JC/BS, not sure yet.
as of 4.01 Engineering/JC is the best

And as of 4.0.3 engineering tinkers no longer stack with enchants. Welcome to the future.

Source? Far as I know, the ones that actually stayed on their original gear slot and didn't move to belt still stack, they just don't provide their old passive stat bonuses (e.g. flexweave underlays agi). Sad to hear that they botched engineering for the start of another expansion though. I don't understand why the MC helm tinker and nitro boosts tinker couldn't stay on the helm/boots. Now you have to choose between frag belt/MC/nitro boosts. Blizzard seems to love neutering engineering sometimes :(

I was hoping Eng would be great, especially since we'll most likely be SV and the glove enchant is nature damage.

I was looking at that as well, although I'm thinking that's meant to be a replacement for the saronite bombs and isn't meant to fill the void. I haven't implemented it into my site yet but it's on my list of things to do before Cata hits live. I'm not sure it's really that great if there's a cast time involved.

The trouble with the glove enchant is even if it's affected by mastery, you're still going to miss a lot because of it being based off spell hit. With a 2 minute cooldown one miss is pretty awful.

I was looking at that as well, although I'm thinking that's meant to be a replacement for the saronite bombs and isn't meant to fill the void. I haven't implemented it into my site yet but it's on my list of things to do before Cata hits live. I'm not sure it's really that great if there's a cast time involved.

The trouble with the glove enchant is even if it's affected by mastery, you're still going to miss a lot because of it being based off spell hit. With a 2 minute cooldown one miss is pretty awful.

DOH that's right the spell hit.
Thank you Zeherah :)
i would have thought it would have been Skinning/JC...
Engineering is complete garbage for physical dps in Cata given current tinkers. Now you add in the fact that the only tinker that makes Engineering really worthwhile(nitro boots) has been failing a crap ton since 4.0.3 and it becomes even worse. I hope it's unintended because I got to watch people shoot up into the air at almost 5 minute intervals during our last ICC clear.
I will finally be looking to get rid of my skinning as well once my LW is levelled and will probably be looking at leveling enchanting just because I already have an enchanter and mats will be easy to grab. Chances are that most of us have enchanting mats just hanging around from BC and WOTLK we have been running over the last few boring months of playing lol. So if you're starting new professions definitely LW and I would say either JC or enchanting.