MPPM: Magical Crawdad

Pet Battles
I'm sure many of you are at least familiar with the Magical Crawdad, and may have even hunted down Mr. Pinchy in search of one. For some, it may not have taken too long to earn this pet. But I do know for others, the search continues.

In the latest Major Payne blog, there's a link to El's Extreme Anglin' which has a fantastic write-up about how to find Mr. Pinchy. Give that a read if you're still searching for this pet. If you have one, though, how does it hold up in Pet Battles?
*goes to make popcorn*
I bought mine from the AH, always wanted one. Although I thought he gave out wishes. I guess you'd have to personally have him drop in the wild.
With the super buff that Haunt got in 5.4, Unborn Valkyrs have become by far the most used pet. Mr. Pinchy is one of if not the best counter for Unborn Valks, so even though I have always despised Mr Pinchy, the more Unborn Valks I see, the more often I use Mr Pinchy.
Right now, I would say that the Magical Crawdad is one of the most important pets in pet battles. As much as I dislike Mr Pinchy, the neverending string of Haunt spamming Valk users has made Mr Pinchy one of my go to pets. I like beating Valks more than I hate using Mr Pinchy. I feel dirty.
I farmed mine for a few hours and got lucky when my first wish gave me the Mr. Pinchy pet.
I made a team with this guy and the blossoming ancient and I think an emerald proto whelp.

Then I couldn't bear the thought of such a slo-o-ow match and it sat there unplayed. I skipped over it every time I went through the teams.
This thread has so much less hatred than I expected.

I am disappoint.
Yay another Major Payne episode!

I've had my Crawdaddy since TBC and was the first pet I leveled to 25. I never had too many pets, few from vanilla - pets gave away my hiding place in BGs! My GM back then was a rabid, I mean avid pet collector since vanilla and we used to snicker at him (too bad he quit, he would've loved this xpac). I ended up tossing them cuz BAG SPACE but I kept this pet since he was so rare and how I caught him was such a funny story.

When I could finally fly at 70, went up to those Skettis (?) lakes to farm water doodads for my Frozen Shadoweave gear. So much underwater farming, this girl (then Undead) had permanently waterlogged wrinkly skin over her bony butt. Not a pretty picture.

So anyway, I noticed a fishing pool and decided to see if I could catch some fishies for my buff food. Then like on the second cast, got a crawdad - what the hell is this...can't even cook it! Told my guild and got Big Yells of outrage that they've been trying to get one for months (I leveled slooow) and how did I get it on my first time like some gambling virgin hitting a jackpot. One guy insisted that I do the wishes where he could watch what I get.

So every few days (long cooldown), I'd meet him in Shatt and do the wish. The last wish was my pet. That guy about blew out my eardrum yelling in vent. He was SO excited for me. Silly man, it's just a pet...that's still kinda hard to get.

You do have to hug crawdad carefully while holding both of his arms down, like how you'd wrestle a live Dungeness crab into a boiling pot. Mmm, cold crabby with lemon/soy sauce/mayo.

Why am I hungry now?

<3 my tank/healer crab - he helped level all my other pets, slowly but surely.
The ultimate stalling pet and one of the most hated in pet battles. Other than that he's a neat looking crab pet.
I once had a match with someone where it was my pinchy vs. his pinchy. Both of the rest of our teams had died. I had taken snap and he'd taken surge, or maybe it was the other way around, and besides that we had the same abilities.

It went on for dozens of rounds and eventually he started waiting until the last second to choose what ability to use and I forfeited. He had much more patience than I did lol.

I think he's rather annoying and I sold or traded mine for something else.
01/17/2014 03:48 PMPosted by Nightsbane
The ultimate stalling pet and one of the most hated in pet battles. Other than that he's a neat looking crab pet.

Yeah, I feel like Wish might be an overbudgeted move at half health and 5 rounds. Definitely one of the best moves in the game. (not meta-breaking like the original Conflag, Reflect, Horn Attack, Pheromones, Supercharge, or RI were though, lol)

If they ever give Wish to a pet with a makeup like Anub Idol it'll be scary
01/17/2014 04:57 PMPosted by Digerati
Yeah, I feel like Wish might be an overbudgeted move at half health and 5 rounds.

Over-budgeted compared to what, exactly?

Most heals generally heal for 1/3 of your hp on a 3-round cd. At almost twice the cd, shouldn't Wish heal for almost twice as much?

Especially considering that the heal isn't even instant?
I hate fighting this pet and I rarely use it because I always feel cheap.. as stated above though id rather beat a valk team more than a crawdad team.
He's handy for healing up at the Celestial Tournament.
This pet sucked every inch of joy I once had for fishing.
I got 2 over my characters a couple years ago.

He was on my first team of 3 to hit 25.
As others said, it's pretty useful for healing in the celestial tournament, or when you're grinding pets in the wild and "Heal Pets" is on cd and you forgot to bring bandages.
01/17/2014 03:40 PMPosted by Triggers
This thread has so much less hatred than I expected.

I am disappoint.

OMG Wish is BS plz nerf...

01/17/2014 04:57 PMPosted by Digerati
(not meta-breaking like the original Conflag, Reflect, Horn Attack, Pheromones, Supercharge, or RI were though, lol)

What? No Chew in the list? :P
A Crawdad running Surge is the bane of my existence.

Thankfully very few people run that.
Always did love the Magical Crawdad. His description is the best one :P

Wish is hardly overpowered if other pets can heal 35% of their health on a 3 round while the crawdad is healing 50% on a 5 round. Wish isn't even instant either.
Magical Crawdad hits like a truck. I like. I'm not a great pet battlemaster or anything though. Just do it occasionally when leveling an alt.