Should healers be barred from 2v2 arenas?

Arenas
i don't really care about healers in 2s as long as all the double dps combos have a viable chance against a geared healer/dps

but that just isn't the case

some of ya may not realize this but one of the fastest ways to cap 2s is do healer/dps, bail on other healer/dps teams and just farm the double dps for extremely fast games and points.

Balancing healers around 3s will be a neverending problem in 2s until bliz adds some form of healer debuff in 2s.

Its a joke how easy it is for healer/dps against the majority of double dps combos. Assuming equal skill.
Bail on other healer/dps games. Account banned. GG.

Take healers out and this thread becomes a ban mage/rogue from 2s thread.
01/27/2014 01:44 PMPosted by Surgery
Bail on other healer/dps games. Account banned. GG.

Take healers out and this thread becomes a ban mage/rogue from 2s thread.

Pretty much.
01/27/2014 10:57 AMPosted by Arathorin
Yes they should be forbidden to enter 2s, I have a paladin healer and find it annoying when I get to face another dps/healer comp.

Are deathknights even viable in 2's without a healer?
I don't think it would be fair - sure, healers might seem overly advantageous in many cases in 2's, but some people out there actually do enjoy having a healer in two's, even if they're facing another Heal/DPS team.

Flat out banning people from having a healer in 2's would just ruin a lot of fun for some people. Sure, maybe it could be restricted (As in, Heal/DPS may only face Heal/DPS), but keeping people from having one at all would just be unfun for some.

And knowing how things go in general, after a good while, people will start to complain in order to have healers unbanned.
Is this a serious thread?

2s are not meant to be competitive, they are meant to cap your toon so you can play other brackets that actually matter.

Stop being whiny and tank your cr to 1200 and have fun beating baddies for quick points.

If you are already geared, then stop queuing into 2s at all....Or deal with it.
01/27/2014 09:25 AMPosted by Sortinar
Seems like teams with healers have an easier time winning and abusing the other team if they desire.

Or Healers can just be fixed? I mean a lot of things are broken right now but healers have been for a couple years. I remember when they got Crit heals for the first time then with scaling resil and expansions they spiraled out of control.

1. Reduce crit healing.
2. Increase the cost of mana of all healing spells by 20% in Arena's

This would be a start the obviously some healers need casting, defensives and CC adjustments. CC as a whole needs to be addressed. Thought the first 2 would help a lot. There should be NO need for Dampening in arena. If the game was balanced and healers went OOM matches would just end on their own.
Seems like teams with healers have an easier time winning and abusing the other team if they desire.

Since pvp is 'balanced' without 1v1 in mind, 2v2s suffer many of the same imbalance issues that 1v1 suffer.

Should you be banned from 2v2?
if healers were banned from 2s everyone would just play with a boomkin

its the same thing as a resto druid but it does damage and has instant ranged off GCD roots
Hey guys I'm to bad to kill healers so now I am going to go make a thread trying to persuade people to ban them from 2v2 when in reality I know deep down inside they will never be removed
Ehehehehehe yes... Ban healers so that FROST MAGE / ROGUE MAY REIGN SUPREMEME
HAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
01/27/2014 03:22 PMPosted by Darshmellow
if healers were banned from 2s everyone would just play with a boomkin

Boomkins shouldn't be healing. They should have a harsh penalty if they cast a heal.
01/27/2014 02:58 PMPosted by Abombanation

Or Healers can just be fixed? I mean a lot of things are broken right now but healers have been for a couple years. I remember when they got Crit heals for the first time then with scaling resil and expansions they spiraled out of control.

1. Reduce crit healing.

This would be a start the obviously some healers need casting, defensives and CC adjustments. CC as a whole needs to be addressed. Thought the first 2 would help a lot. There should be NO need for Dampening in arena. If the game was balanced and healers went OOM matches would just end on their own.

Lol healers are far from broken. They arent even that hard to kill in 2's much less 3's. Only people who dont play a healing class thinks healers are OP. Please, roll one, I dare you. I play a multitude of different classes from casters/healers/melee, and healers are by far one of the more unfun/stressful/least OP things in the game.

Now, some may have too much CC, but thats just an overall theme for everyone. But as far as being a healer goes, I dare someone like you to roll one. You wouldnt make it through 10 games in 3's before you changed your tune on healing, as you sit in endless cc chains, have to juke multiple interrupts, get stunned/silenced/stopped from casting anyways, and generally just be the most stressed out position in the game, while getting blamed 24/7 for every death.

You couldn't handle it. You would be one of those healers who gets zerged down by a single dps (warrior/rogue/whatever). Some warrior would get on you and destroy you, and you would wonder wtf just happened, as you got kicked multiple times because you cant juke, got stunned/charged/whatever.

I'd love to see it.
01/27/2014 04:09 PMPosted by Healubaddies
01/27/2014 02:58 PMPosted by Abombanation

1. Reduce crit healing.

Lol healers are far from broken. They arent even that hard to kill in 2's much less 3's. Only people who dont play a healing class thinks healers are OP. Please, roll one, I dare you. I play a multitude of different classes from casters/healers/melee, and healers are by far one of the more unfun/stressful/least OP things in the game.

Now, some may have too much CC, but thats just an overall theme for everyone. But as far as being a healer goes, I dare someone like you to roll one. You wouldnt make it through 10 games in 3's before you changed your tune on healing, as you sit in endless cc chains, have to juke multiple interrupts, get stunned/silenced/stopped from casting anyways, and generally just be the most stressed out position in the game, while getting blamed 24/7 for every death.

You couldn't handle it. You would be one of those healers who gets zerged down by a single dps (warrior/rogue/whatever). Some warrior would get on you and destroy you, and you would wonder wtf just happened, as you got kicked multiple times because you cant juke, got stunned/charged/whatever.

I'd love to see it.

AMEN
01/27/2014 12:15 PMPosted by Pushy
i think acct should b banned really
Yes
2'S for healers will change now with the 5 min dampening debuff.