Transitioning from 2's to 3's

Arenas
So I've gotten quite used to keeping a watchful eye on my focus target and my main target. That's my problem with 3's so far, I don't know how to keep an eye on everyone's casts and when to shear/ground what. Is there any addon I can get, or are there any tips on how to improve my attention on the third target? Thanks!
Get sArena. It lets you move your arena frames as a group to anywhere you want. Put them somewhere your eyes are always focusing on in arena. I never even set focus as a healer, as I have my arena frames close to my party frames and can see everything that's going on. After that it's just a matter of paying attention to both your arena frames and then where everyone is on the map. Making arena1/2/3 macros will probably come in handy too.
I too will encounter this problem someday when i finally do 3s I look forward to failing and learning along the way
Practice.
01/23/2014 09:42 PMPosted by Whatevas
Practice.
This.

This is my first season of serious 3s, and hell I didn't start pushing in 3s till this week xD

But it's taken me a LOOOOOOOONG time to build up the confidence and coordination I have now, and even now I'm no where near the best.
3s takes so much practice. I've done it a lot over 3 different classes, even run to 2.2k a number of times, and I STILL just herpderp a lot of the time, failing to process something critically important that's going on, leading to a loss. 3s takes a TON of practice and coordination, and IMO it doesn't hurt to run consistently with the same people (my 2.2s have all been with people I ran with on a regular basis for weeks/months at a time).

And then you get to experience the joy of your favorite team mates quitting WoW and getting stuck below 2k again, like me this patch :D

Good stuff
I will indeed practice :D
3's seem a little more balanced than 2's, even though sometimes people still get destroyed in 3's :P
Just join a few mount farm groups and try it. Worst that can happen is some random player from some random realm will remove you then you quickly join another 3v3 group and try not to repeat your mistakes. Most people at low rating give u a few chances. I've done thousands of arena across my 4 90s. It's all the same.. and the next week those players have forgotten they played with u and re invite.

But FYI gladiatorlosa and glad it's are all u really need.
01/24/2014 05:14 AMPosted by Hotmebro
gladiatorlosa

imo that addon just makes you lazy. you just start to ignore you arena frames/buffs and rely on an annoying voice to call something out.

all i have to say back in cata when i played with someone who used it "mana burn" 1000 times in a row ><

thats just my opinion tho.
01/23/2014 10:03 PMPosted by Lilblanket
3s takes so much practice. I've done it a lot over 3 different classes, even run to 2.2k a number of times, and I STILL just herpderp a lot of the time, failing to process something critically important that's going on, leading to a loss. 3s takes a TON of practice and coordination, and IMO it doesn't hurt to run consistently with the same people (my 2.2s have all been with people I ran with on a regular basis for weeks/months at a time).

And then you get to experience the joy of your favorite team mates quitting WoW and getting stuck below 2k again, like me this patch :D

Good stuff

RIP Vampiro...and Raasty?
01/24/2014 05:14 AMPosted by Hotmebro
gladiatorlosa

imo that addon just makes you lazy. you just start to ignore you arena frames/buffs and rely on an annoying voice to call something out.

all i have to say back in cata when i played with someone who used it "mana burn" 1000 times in a row ><

thats just my opinion tho.

turn mana burn warning off.
gladiatorlosa and gladius are all u really need.

and like he was saying go into the settings and turn off spells that you have no need to hear
01/24/2014 07:43 AMPosted by Ignorânce
01/23/2014 10:03 PMPosted by Lilblanket

Good stuff

RIP Vampiro...and Raasty?

Ahhh those were the glory days...Vampiro remains the best mage I have ever played with IMO. I think Raasty might still play, but we xferred to different servers and lost touch. I doubt Rogue/Rogue/Mage would work as well now as it did in cata anyway lol.

But how do you know this? I'm long gone from Aegwynn, my rogue had to change names cause Calice was taken on Illidan, and this character is new this season. Mad detective skills there man
01/24/2014 01:50 PMPosted by Lilblanket
Ahhh those were the glory days...Vampiro remains the best mage I have ever played with IMO. I think Raasty might still play, but we xferred to different servers and lost touch. I doubt Rogue/Rogue/Mage would work as well now as it did in cata anyway lol.

But how do you know this? I'm long gone from Aegwynn, my rogue had to change names cause Calice was taken on Illidan, and this character is new this season. Mad detective skills there man

i was a pretty well known rogue when i still played it on aegwynn on cata...those 30 min rogue v rogues duels brah
3s takes a TON of practice and coordination, and IMO it doesn't hurt to run consistently with the same people (my 2.2s have all been with people I ran with on a regular basis for weeks/months at a time).

This. Find decent partners and only practice with them so you get synergy