Stop..ramming..pvp...down...my...throat!!!

General Discussion
1 2 3 26 Next
Dear Blizzard/

Please take off the pvp-obsessed glasses you wear and grasp a basic fact. Some of us do not particularly care to pvp and the more you try to ram it down our throats, by forcing us to experience it, the more we hate it.

No, I am not talking about the two battlegrounds I have to do to complete the legendary--though that did slow me down, as well as many others I know of.

I am talking about how queuing cross realm, to a sever I will not know is pvp, will flag me, and then I get to get ganked by every little alliance scumbag who assumes I am fair game because I am flagged.

I am talking about how a pvper can insert themselves into my fight with a mob, get themselves hit, and then gank me because now I am flagged--and occupied.

This is very simple. PVP needs to be voluntary. I SHOULD NEVER BE FLAGGED UNLESS I HAVE DELIBERATELY CHOSEN TO FLAG!!! Once I have made that choice, I deserve any death I get and will never complain.

So figure this out. As long as I can be involuntarily flagged, pvp is always a nuisance to me--I will invariably lose because I am up against professional pvp griefers, and many times this occurs when I am otherwise occupied AND I WILL HATE YOUR BELOVED PVP! You want me to like pvp? Don't make me do it. Simple.
You have options:
- specifically note when you queue that you are not interested in PVP realms
- be more aware of which servers are PVP and decline invites to groups on those servers
- don't use the grouping tool and find local players on your server to group with
- show initiative and form the group yourself using the grouping tool and form a group to zone onto your server.

How hard is this to figure out?
Well this is a change up, a PvEr not complaining about the battlegrounds for his cloak. /highfive

That said, I've only ever been flagged by accident a handful of times with the crossrealm stuff, and always in company of an entire raid group. Outside of that one scenario, you have to try pretty hard to accidentally flag yourself...

01/28/2014 12:15 PMPosted by Calnex
The fact that you don't know it's a PvP realm just means you're stupid, and Blizzard shouldn't have to cover for you.

I'm sorry, I don't keep lists of which realms are which because I shouldn't have to. Do you keep such a list handy or have to memorized them all?
01/28/2014 12:13 PMPosted by Cryoflame
I SHOULD NEVER BE FLAGGED UNLESS I HAVE DELIBERATELY CHOSEN TO FLAG!!!

Except when you move to a pvp server.... then you dont have a choice and there would be no way to let some stay PVE on a PVP server.

Maybe you should make a suggestion that you get a warning that you are going to a pvp server, do you accept button.
There should be the a notification of realm type when you're invited cross realm. The whole 'insert into a fight' thing shouldn't work anymore though; just be careful when tab targetting and you won't hit them and flag, even with aoe (unless there's a glitch/bug, in which case you should report it, but make sure you didn't just tab target wrong first).
So figure this out. As long as I can be involuntarily flagged, pvp is always a nuisance to me--I will invariably lose because I am up against professional pvp griefers, and many times this occurs when I am otherwise occupied AND I WILL HATE YOUR BELOVED PVP! You want me to like pvp? Don't make me do it. Simple.
To be fair, PvPers were/are still forced to PvE to get some of the best items in game to be the best in PvP.

Blizz is well aware of the concern you have OP, however, they also stated they won't look further into it until WoD release.
Don't queue X-realm into a PvP realm then dip !@#$.

The fact that you don't know it's a PvP realm just means you're stupid, and Blizzard shouldn't have to cover for you.
Care to enlighten me, oh intelligent one as to where the option to exclude PvP realms might be?
Ask them to stop forcing PvE down my throat and maybe I'll care.

Until then enjoy your last couple months reigning supreme in wPvP.
Don't queue X-realm into a PvP realm then dip !@#$.

Someone needs a nap.
I don't see how it's ramming PVP down your throat. If I know there's a possibility of getting phased into a PVP realm, I stick around a major city or suck it up and watch my back. You always take that risk when grouping up with people on PVP realms.
Everybody in this thread is right.

People -should- be aware when they are connected to a PvP realm if they are PvE.

However..People -should- also be given more control/notification over flagging too.

I don't like the current noisy/sketchy/iffy way it is currently.
Two whole battlegrounds?
I would like very much not to have to get PvE weapons for the first PvP season, but I won't get that.
I am talking about how a pvper can insert themselves into my fight with a mob, get themselves hit

They don't "get themselves hit" - YOU have to hit them.

Learn to target the mobs you're attacking. Stop mashing buttons.
01/28/2014 12:17 PMPosted by Shanndi
There should be the a notification of realm type when you're invited cross realm.

This is not an unreasonable request. It follows along the lines of entering a raid of another lockout or with bosses already down.

01/28/2014 12:17 PMPosted by Shanndi
just be careful when tab targetting and you won't hit them and flag, even with aoe

This, too, is not unreasonable. Flag baiting has always been around and the burden of avoiding it always lies with the player.
I am talking about how queuing cross realm, to a sever I will not know is pvp, will flag me, and then I get to get ganked by every little alliance scumbag who assumes I am fair game because I am flagged

Fact: you ARE free game if your flagged
if you don't like having the chance to get qued into a pvp don't que do the fight on your realm.

I am talking about how a pvper can insert themselves into my fight with a mob, get themselves hit, and then gank me because now I am flagged--and occupied.

How do they insert themselves into your fight? Unless your using aoe you should never accidentally hit a flagged player even then I don't know if aoe will flag you.

This is very simple. PVP needs to be voluntary. I SHOULD NEVER BE FLAGGED UNLESS I HAVE DELIBERATELY CHOSEN TO FLAG!!! Once I have made that choice, I deserve any death I get and will never complain.

It's already like that on pve realms unless you go into a capital city or guards, your healing a raid group and someones flagged while you aren't meaning to possibly your adding a flagged player and would be unfair if you could sit there and heal him and not flag while they fight others
01/28/2014 12:17 PMPosted by Erras
Well this is a change up, a PvEr not complaining about the battlegrounds for his cloak. /highfive

That said, I've only ever been flagged by accident a handful of times with the crossrealm stuff, and always in company of an entire raid group. Outside of that one scenario, you have to try pretty hard to accidentally flag yourself...

I'm sorry, I don't keep lists of which realms are which because I shouldn't have to. Do you keep such a list handy or have to memorized them all?

If you have an issue with it like OP does, maybe you should have the webpage saved for easy reference.
And here come the pvpers to tell him to "suck it up", all while complaining about PvE.
Bliz rushed this out just so players didnt have to resort to using Oqueue and havent gotten around to fixing its issues yet which is bad considering it shouldnt be much an issue to make the system have options to group with pvp realms and such.