Stop..ramming..pvp...down...my...throat!!!

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 26 Next
01/28/2014 12:13 PMPosted by Cryoflame
This is very simple. PVP needs to be voluntary.

Well, I understand where you're coming from, but flagging as a PvE character is based on a player's action to flag themselves (even if it's on accident), so I'm not sure it's us making you PvP. The systems that can cause someone to flag can absolutely at times be involuntary, which is notably frustrating.

In any case we are continuing toward a goal of a PvP on/off toggle for players on PvE realms to be added in Warlords of Draenor, which would absolutely and in all situations allow someone to refrain from becoming flagged regardless of their actions. Heals toward flagged players would fail, coalescing to PvP realms wouldn't be possible, misclicks and AoE's would never damage a flagged opponent, etc. It's actually quite a bit of work because of all the systems involved, but it's still something we think PvE players should have, and how the game should work for them.
01/29/2014 12:26 PMPosted by Bashiok
Well, I understand where you're coming from, but flagging as a PvE character is based on a player's action to flag themselves (even if it's on accident), so I'm not sure it's us making you PvP. The systems that can cause someone to flag can absolutely at times be involuntary, which is notably frustrating.In any case we are continuing toward a goal of a PvP on/off toggle for players on PvE realms to be added in Warlords of Draenor, which would absolutely and in all situations allow someone to refrain from becoming flagged regardless of their actions. Heals toward flagged players would fail, coalescing to PvP realms wouldn't be possible, misclicks and AoE's would never damage a flagged opponent, etc. It's actually quite a bit of work because of all the systems involved, but it's still something we think PvE players should have, and how the game should work for them.

About time... im a pvp player and think is stupid forcing someone to pvp if they dont want.
Hmm....starting to change my mind about canceling.....

Now if they could only get low level pvp somewhat balanced and it would seal the deal about staying....

Well, I understand where you're coming from, but flagging as a PvE character is based on a player's action to flag themselves (even if it's on accident), so I'm not sure it's us making you PvP. The systems that can cause someone to flag can absolutely at times be involuntary, which is notably frustrating.

In any case we are continuing toward a goal of a PvP on/off toggle for players on PvE realms to be added in Warlords of Draenor, which would absolutely and in all situations allow someone to refrain from becoming flagged regardless of their actions. Heals toward flagged players would fail, coalescing to PvP realms wouldn't be possible, misclicks and AoE's would never damage a flagged opponent, etc. It's actually quite a bit of work because of all the systems involved, but it's still something we think PvE players should have, and how the game should work for them.

Sweet!

That's exactly what I've been advocating for!
coalescing to PvP realms wouldn't be possible

Would this also work in reverse, making players from PvP realms unable to coalesce onto PvE servers? Heck, I know lots of people on my PvP server that get invites from "friends" on PvE servers so that they can be out in the open world unflagged whenever they want.

Or are you thinking of making it work only one way, so that players using the group finder tool from PvE servers only have access to groups from PvE servers, while players from PvP realms would have access to groups from ALL servers?

Edit: worded things confusingly
(even if it's on accident)

Than by definition, it isn't chosen. -_-

In any case we are continuing toward a goal of a PvP on/off toggle for players on PvE realms to be added in Warlords of Draenor, which would absolutely and in all situations allow someone to refrain from becoming flagged regardless of their actions. Heals toward flagged players would fail,

Thank god.

Can't you just leave the PVEer unflagged? For heals just set Battle Fatigue to 100%. Don't see why it has to be a blanket block.
A flagged person can stand right next to you and you can unwittingly hit "Tab", smash your face into your keyboard, auto-attack-faceroll into flagging yourself and THEN they can gank you. And you deserve it.

Usually PvE players don't accidently hit aPvP player through stupidity. It is done through a PvP player's action of "jumping in", often into an existing pile of confused jumble of graphics. The assumption on a PvE realm is this is done with intent.

There are more than a few quest lines that require people on PVE realms to PVP to complete.

Same with PVP players being forced to PVE. Many don't want to do the other side of the equation.

Your explanation doesn't hold water with me.
01/29/2014 12:33 PMPosted by Yenna

Would this also work in reverse, making players from PvP realms unable to coalesce onto PvE servers?

Or are you thinking of making it work only one way, so that players using the group finder tool from PvE servers only have access to groups from PvE servers, while players from PvP realms would have access to groups from ALL servers?

Edit: worded things confusingly

I'm thinking you're referring to pet farmers and others from busy PvE realms who want to go to a deserted PvP realm? They won't be able to do that anymore?

I (on PvP realm) won't be able to invite PvE players to my group for anything??
I want a PVE off button so mobs wont attack me on PVP realms :)

which would absolutely and in all situations allow someone to refrain from becoming flagged regardless of their actions.

I have a MAJOR problem with this. Ordos and Celestials are a favorite Trolling ground on PvE realms. Without any consequence, just ONE member of an opposite faction can tag a boss, train multiple devestating mobs and essentially wreck havok on raids of 40+ players.

There isn't much of a defense against this, but at least on PvP realms the offending player can be... removed ... without too much further issue.
01/29/2014 12:39 PMPosted by Vixie
I'm thinking you're referring to pet farmers and others from busy PvE realms who want to go to a deserted PvP realm? They won't be able to do that anymore?

I edited the post to clarify a little bit, but I meant more of "player on a PvP server doesn't want to bother with being flagged today, so is going to get an invite to a PvE server so they can do dailies/whatever without being bothered by the possibility of world PvP".

Also, if PvE players CANNOT get invited to PvP servers at all, ever, period, it's going to hurt the group finder tool. Especially if PvP players can still be invited to PvE servers, but not vice versa.

Edit: As Vixie pointed out above also, what about people who play on a PvP server and have real-life friends who play on a PvE server? When WoD hits, are they suddenly not going to be allowed to group together anymore?
01/29/2014 12:38 PMPosted by Archona
There are more than a few quest lines that require people on PVE realms to PVP to complete.

Then turn the flag on manually.

THANK YOU. EDIT: Bolded what I was thankful for. I don't coalesce to pvp realms, but I can see where some might be annoyed/angered with it. Otherwise I love this so much I want to give ya a big ol' hug. <:
01/29/2014 12:39 PMPosted by Vixie

I hope it's where I toggle something that makes it to where I never want to PvP and not where I can't go to a PvP realm or invite people from a PvP realm to my realm. I'd hate that, truly, utter despise it. I like being able to visit my old PvP realm and I like being able to invite my PvP realm friends over when they want a break or for us to do world bosses ect together. I'd also hate to suddenly NOT be able to heal someone because they are flagged for PvP.

There has got to be a better way if it is where I can no longer go anywhere where I am automatically flagged. It's unfair for those of us that just flat up don't give a darn if we can get ganked.
if you're not good enough to do two bgs you're not good enough for a legendary
get over it
01/29/2014 12:41 PMPosted by Rhein

which would absolutely and in all situations allow someone to refrain from becoming flagged regardless of their actions.

I have a MAJOR problem with this. Ordos and Celestials are a favorite Trolling ground on PvE realms. Without any consequence, just ONE member of an opposite faction can tag a boss, train multiple devestating mobs and essentially wreck havok on raids of 40+ players.

There isn't much of a defense against this, but at least on PvP realms the offending player can be... removed ... without too much further issue.

Or Blizzard can stop being stupid and avoid putting elite mobs with one shot abilities next to world bosses.

That is excellent news! Very happy to hear Blizzard is aware of the concerns of PvE players and actively working on a solution. Thank you!
I fully agree with the OP. I dont like it, if i wanted to pvp I would pop call of duty or halo into my xbox.