Please no horde vs horde, no green vs yellow

Battlegrounds
Prev 1 2 3 53 Next
01/29/2014 03:30 PMPosted by Druìdçlàws
Horde vs Alliance---only is what makes pvp fun.

Not at all true.

Having only horde vs. alliance is actually a detriment to fun in this game because it prevents them from adding any other kind of logic to the queue system to try to group people by gear/roles. Queue times are to long already just limiting by faction.

Then get rid of battlegroups.
01/30/2014 04:00 AMPosted by Dancër
Blizz just doesn't want to go this route, end of story.

If queue times don't improve, I could actually see them doing this. They said they don't want to but it would be a last resort type of deal. And I don't see queue times improving anytime soon for Horde. If they did, I bet anything Alliance queues will go up.
01/29/2014 04:21 PMPosted by Fats
But que times...

There are other ways to fix them. Removing blacklisting, for example.
01/29/2014 05:05 PMPosted by Anddiee
I honestly would not enjoy a same faction BG.
Faction imbalance is definitely something that's contributing to the lengthy queue times. That said, we agree that allowing Horde vs Horde and Alliance vs Alliance Random BG's isn't a great answer. We'll do it if it's absolutely necessary (Rated BG's allow for same-faction battles for exactly this reason), but we're going to look at all other options first.

Honestly, even if we can't find another good answer, we're not sure queue times are so bad, at least at the moment, that same-faction Random BG's would be worth it. Horde vs Alliance, Orcs vs Humans, Elves vs Trolls etc. has long been a strong core of the Warcraft universe. We want queue times to be faster for everyone, but we also don't want to lose that.
Agreed with Lore. I que up to put a hurting on the HORDE. I have never had single max level Horde character for a reason. Sometimes they put a hurting on me, but its all in good fun, the rivalry is apart of this game.
I see what you're saying Lore, but at the same time, BGs could have a HUGE improvement with faction vs faction bgs. I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I feel like balancing could be improved on a TON by doing this, as the excuse of *increasing queue times* wouldn't be there.
01/30/2014 10:31 AMPosted by Lore
Honestly, even if we can't find another good answer, we're not sure queue times are so bad, at least at the moment, that same-faction Random BG's would be worth it.

How long do Horde random bg queues have to get before Blizzard considers enabling same-faction regular bgs?
20 minute queues at peak hours makes BGs FAR less worth it than just doing dungeons and trading for honor. Seriously, I can gun out a dungeon in 5 minutes with a REALLY good group.

The queues are a problem for some servers, and it's inexcusable when, before, we could get into a battleground in 2-5 minutes.
01/30/2014 10:35 AMPosted by Seibei
20 minute queues at peak hours makes BGs FAR less worth it than just doing dungeons and trading for honor. Seriously, I can gun out a dungeon in 5 minutes with a REALLY good group.

I agree, one reason I went Alliance. When queue times are sometimes LONGER than a BG, there's a problem. When people are AFKing out, putting someone who has been waiting 10+ minutes into a losing BG... there's a big problem.
01/30/2014 10:35 AMPosted by Shieldsup
How long do Horde random bg queues have to get before Blizzard considers enabling same-faction regular bgs?

I don't know, how long do they have to get before we just remove blacklisting so the problem fixes itself while retaining the lore aspect?

20 minute queues at peak hours

Idk where you're playing, but during peak hours last week my random que times were 10 minutes, and I was getting WSG CTA pops in like 6 minutes. Looks like it's slowly going back down to me, probably the result of the bugged timers a few weeks ago and the racial change scare that was leaked(that was most likely fake). I know a bunch of my friends went back alliance because of it.

01/30/2014 10:31 AMPosted by Lore
Horde vs Alliance, Orcs vs Humans, Elves vs Trolls etc.

Gnomes V Goblins
What if same faction battles were only spawned if queue times went past a certain threshold, and only as many as necessary to clear the queue? This would keep the majority of BGs as Horde vs Alliance, while minimizing queue times. For example, recent mmo-champion statistics (not perfect but good enough to illustrate the point) indicate that 60% of people playing Arathi Basin are Horde, and 40% Alliance. The Horde and Alliance players are paired off, leaving 20% of the total population remaining. 80% of games would be Horde vs Alliance, 20% would be Horde vs Horde, and 0% would be Alliance vs Alliance.
20 minute queues at peak hours makes BGs FAR less worth it than just doing dungeons and trading for honor.

Definitely agree here, but that's part of a larger issue we've been discussing lately about the random BG reward system. I don't have any specifics to share just yet, but it's very much on our radar. We're actually hoping that whatever changes we can make along those lines will also have the side effect of helping queue times a bit (though again, we're still looking into more options there).
Was wondering if we could get a "transmog" option. When I hit certain scenarios or dungeons i get turned into the oppisite faction. Is it a viable option to give that choice?
All Blizzard has to do is buff Alliance racials other than the human one, and min-maxers will go Alliance.

Problem solved.

Yes, people will complain about alliance racials being OP, but they've complained about horde racials in pve forever.
01/30/2014 10:42 AMPosted by Taigar
All Blizzard has to do is buff Alliance racials other than the human one, and min-maxers will go Alliance.

Problem solved.

Yes, people will complain about alliance racials being OP, but they've complained about horde racials in pve forever.

All this would do would make a mass transfer to alliance, then they suffer the queue times.
Yeah sitting 15 minute queue times is even funner. Delete this thread you mongo!
01/30/2014 10:42 AMPosted by Taigar

Problem solved.

Just make sure that they don't NERF Horde racials while BUFFING alliance racials, that will just create the opposite problem.

Just buff one side, or nerf the other. Not both.
01/30/2014 10:45 AMPosted by Socklo0534CD
Yeah sitting 15 minute queue times is even funner. Delete this thread you mongo!

It's been this way for almost 9 years.

How about we find another way to fix it besides screwing up what's been working for almost a decade.
01/30/2014 10:41 AMPosted by Lore
20 minute queues at peak hours makes BGs FAR less worth it than just doing dungeons and trading for honor.

Definitely agree here, but that's part of a larger issue we've been discussing lately about the random BG reward system. I don't have any specifics to share just yet, but it's very much on our radar. We're actually hoping that whatever changes we can make along those lines will also have the side effect of helping queue times a bit (though again, we're still looking into more options there).

How about battleground designs that arent terrible to begin with? I mean, other than AV, pretty much every other BG is terrible. I currently queue ONLY for AV because the rewards aren't worth slogging through the others. That said, it would be nice to have one like 'OLD' AV back, that wasn't simply a race.

instead of 'capture the flag, version 4' or 'king of the kill, version 3' type of crap, redo AV to feel as epic as it used to be. All of the same mechanics that made battles last for hours. I'm more interested in killing and being rewarded for that, than i am going for objectives.