Horde are top in PvP and PvE

General Discussion
Does anyone know why like 95% of the top pver's and pvpr's are horde? Is it because of racials?
Humans have the best PvP racials by far, so, no, I don't think so.
PvE maybe but the majority of popular pvpr's are alliance and their racials are much better for pvp. Whatever it is, it's not the racials, at least not for pvp.
02/08/2014 01:09 AMPosted by Myrthrall
PvE maybe but the majority of popular pvpr's are alliance and their racials are much better for pvp. Whatever it is, it's not the racials, at least not for pvp.

All the top rated pvpr's are horde though.
Top rated PvPr's

2v2 - 3 Alliance 7 Horde
3v3 - 10 Horde
5v5 - 1 Alliance 9 Horde
RBG's - 1 Alliance 9 Horde

Can anyone explain that?
02/08/2014 01:10 AMPosted by Serapheth

As it's really late I've only got the energy to prepare this one example. http://www.arenajunkies.com/rankings/3v3/
You can take whatever stock you want in it but based on their standings Alliance is dominating right now.
02/08/2014 01:08 AMPosted by Tabuu
Humans have the best PvP racials by far, so, no, I don't think so.

Not anymore. EMFH is still strong, but the added set bonus for both PvP trinkets means it's not as big as it used to be. Other than for Human, Horde also have better racials for PvP (Berserking/Blood Fury/even Arcane Torrent), so for those classes humans can't be, Horde has better PvP racials.
02/08/2014 01:15 AMPosted by Myrthrall
02/08/2014 01:10 AMPosted by Serapheth

As it's really late I've only got the energy to prepare this one example. http://www.arenajunkies.com/rankings/3v3/
You can take whatever stock you want in it but based on their standings Alliance is dominating right now.

I see that makes sense regarding EU that pvp standings i was looking at were the official US ones, i wasnt taking into account EU. Anyone know why on the US servers horde are dominating though?
Top rated PvPr's by region

US
2v2 - 3 Alliance 7 Horde
3v3 - 10 Horde
5v5 - 1 Alliance 9 Horde

EU
2v2 - 8 Alliance 2 Horde
3v3 - 10 Alliance
5v5 - 8 Alliance 2 Horde
RBG's - 7 Alliance 3 Horde

Thats really interesting.
02/08/2014 01:23 AMPosted by Serapheth
Top rated PvPr's by region

US
2v2 - 3 Alliance 7 Horde
3v3 - 10 Horde
5v5 - 1 Alliance 9 Horde

EU
2v2 - 8 Alliance 2 Horde
3v3 - 10 Alliance
5v5 - 8 Alliance 2 Horde
RBG's - 7 Alliance 3 Horde

Thats really interesting.

So basically, you're complaining for no reason and you've realised it.
Most of the Horde racials are a DPS boost;
Whereas the Alliance ones are more defensive.

Seriously. Go check them out.

Because of the miniscule and almost meaningless DPS increase the top guilds (where that 1% does matter.) transferred Horde. Because the top players went Horde - a lot of the fans followed.

This is especially so for PvP.
(That is - in regards to following the top players thing.)
And as people saw folks going Horde - they too went Horde so they'd have parters to play with.

I do believe Alliance is the dominant faction on EU though as their top players are all Alliance for PvP.
I'd have to go look.
Horde are more popular for PvP because horde are more popular for PvP. Horde just got the edge and have become known as the faction with more PvPers, therefore PvPers go horde for the PvP, causing more people to go Horde for PvP.

It's a vicious cycle.
I honestly haven't a clue, because SoO is easy easier as alliance due to the gnomes clearing trash for you. While as horde they don't, from what I've been told. Though racial wise, horde dominate in both pvp and pve. Humans EMFH isn't that good anymore, as most humans still use pvp trinkets for it's set bonus. You're better off with undead's will of the forsaken since they don't share CD's.

It really comes down to a lore thing, blizzard has put horde in a spotlight the last two expansions. Putting emphasis on them and showing them with story and background. Alliance has gotten literally nothing since wrath. It's not really a surprise that people go to whats getting attention.

Though word on the street is expect everyone to switch to alliance come Warlords.
02/08/2014 01:27 AMPosted by Scrollz
So basically, you're complaining for no reason and you've realised it.
The people most invested and intense about WoW have played Horde from the beginning. The Horde is what distinguishes WoW from other fantasy games. If you want to play a human/dwarf/elf/gnome you can play a zillion other games. The Horde is the soul of WoW.
In Cataclysm the Alliance was top in PvP but at the end of the expansion a bunch of people from Tich (Hey Im MVP and co.) faction switched.

Tichondrius went from being Alliance heavy, 2 or 3 Alliance per Horde, to the current 2 or 3 Horde per Alliance in 18 months.

There's a lot of sheep mentality in WoW and people will just play whatever side is best because they figure these players play these races because it's the best thing to do.

in Europe however the PvP 'superstars' were Alliance in Cataclysm and remained Alliance in Mists. So nobody else decided to switch.