You get X or a new raid tier.

General Discussion
1 2 3 25 Next
You've heard it time and again from Blizzard.

"We could fix this issue or develop this zone OR you can get a new raid tier"

Lets make our own list of what we could get at the cost of an entire raid tier.

We could develop the Draenei and Night Elves beyond one NPC with 5 lines of relevant dialogue and killing them off like Red Shirts, or you could get a new raid tier.
When it comes down to it I'd rather have a good and enjoyable story than a throw away reference to a meme or a joke.

Looking right at you Redridge + Uldum. THE worst zones in the game, hands down. Why? Lollore.

Oh, and no development for Alliance side quests in Cataclysm.
Or Neptulon lore after Vashj'ir.
Or Azjol'Nerub zone.
Or a follow-up to the Aspects. Or even an explanation of what powers they lost!

Nothing. Why? Because apparently it's just too damned hard to design a raid and make some quest text on the side! Not like there are multiple teams working on different areas at the same time or anything.

GG Metzen/Kosak.
Perhaps you didn't understand - no one said we got to choose a new raid tier vs. something else.
02/10/2014 06:41 PMPosted by Ellrond
Perhaps you didn't understand - no one said we got to choose a new raid tier vs. something else.

Blizzard has stated that they can put their resources into developing greater quality raids or other options because of time / staff needs.
They seem to be saying that all the time now as a way to tell people why they had to rush or implement incomplete things, much like the rushed and incomplete alliance questing in Cata or the scrapped Twilight Highlands intro due to time etc.

Certainly there will be updates and changes as the expansion progresses, but I don't believe there's any current intention to add full sets of additional buildings. If we were to work on those for an expansion patch it would quite literally come at the cost of a raid tier. That is where that work would come from. We have to make decisions on how to spend our time.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/11395919600?page=2#36

I don't like that this is becoming an excuse they are using more and more now.
I wonder what a raid tier is actually worth...a zone with quests? Three dungeons? Ten scenarios? Ten world bosses?

They should really make a chart for this stuff.
02/10/2014 06:37 PMPosted by Rufyn

[/quote]

Dawn of the Aspects hints somewhat at some of the effects. I don't know if applies to all dragon-kind, but Alexstrasza herself can no longer have children, the Green dragons no longer watch over the Emerald Dream, and the Bronze dragons have barely a hint of their formal temporal powers.
02/10/2014 06:37 PMPosted by Rufyn

Dawn of the Aspects hints somewhat at some of the effects. I don't know if applies to all dragon-kind, but Alexstrasza herself can no longer have children, the Green dragons no longer watch over the Emerald Dream, and the Bronze dragons have barely a hint of their formal temporal powers.

It's been stated by the official historian that they're all sterile now.
02/10/2014 07:09 PMPosted by Darstine

It's been stated by the official historian that they're all sterile now.

Pretty much all they have left is their intelligence, some magical prowess, and their natural defenses (scales and breath weapon).
Anything! I don't get why people put raids on a pedestal, I'd rather 5mans, questlines or world exploration over raid instances
02/10/2014 06:46 PMPosted by Primalmatter
I wish we could go back to tbc where there was a hell of a lot more content and none of this weird shortage we see now a days.

Bingo! now... now we have:

- 4 raid types... which no one/few asked for...
- Scenario's... which no one/few asked for...
- Pet Battles... which no one/few asked for...
- Archaeology... which no one/few asked for...
- homogenization... which no one/few asked for...

All of which seem to have priority over key elements of the game to improve user experience.

/baffling

All of which seem to have priority over key elements of the game to improve user experience.

/baffling

Pet Battles and Archaeology are two additions that were needed. And they do improve the user experience, by offering actual reasons to go out into the world.

That said, their constant "...at the cost of a raid tier..." excuse is getting old. We should just call their bluff and say sacrifice the raid tier and give us race-specific buildings for our garrisons.
Archaeology

needed

wat
02/10/2014 07:25 PMPosted by Gumberculeez
02/10/2014 06:46 PMPosted by Primalmatter
I wish we could go back to tbc where there was a hell of a lot more content and none of this weird shortage we see now a days.

Bingo! now... now we have:

- 4 raid types... which no one/few asked for...
- Scenario's... which no one/few asked for...
- homogenization... which no one/few asked for...

/baffling

You are joking right? I really hope you are joking.
02/10/2014 06:26 PMPosted by Vanargyros

We could develop the Draenei and Night Elves beyond one NPC with 5 lines of relevant dialogue and killing them off like Red Shirts, or you could get a new raid tier.

I hate it when Blizzard plays this card. Why does every content patch HAVE to include a raid? I'd rather they separate one major content patch aside to focus on things in the game that sorely need fixing.
02/10/2014 07:42 PMPosted by Oddtodd
02/10/2014 06:26 PMPosted by Vanargyros

I hate it when Blizzard plays this card. Why does every content patch HAVE to include a raid? I'd rather they separate one major content patch aside to focus on things in the game that sorely need fixing.

You mean...just like this expansion? The one where there wasn't a raid in every content patch?
02/10/2014 07:38 PMPosted by Vanargyros
Archaeology

needed

wat

It gets people out into the world, which is what the game needs.
02/10/2014 07:42 PMPosted by Oddtodd

You mean...just like this expansion? The one where there wasn't a raid in every content patch?

What did they fix in the one major patch that didn't have a new raid?
What did they fix in the one major patch that didn't have a new raid?

5.1 made Razorgore easier to solo......

beyond that..........um...boy how bout those Badass Night Elves in [A Little Patience]?