Bring back shutdowns

General Discussion
Ever since shutdowns became less frequent my guild has been cancelling raid nights due to world lag and getting instance resets in the middle of progression.
I would rather not play for 7 hours a week then not be able to play at all.
Unrelated, but Okay.
I think I understand what you're trying to say. And yes, ever since they stopped doing the regular tues maint days the rest of the week is buggy and they end up with like 3 resets..so might as well do the maint. Also realized, why are they connecting realms on Thursdays? Why not just do the shut downs on tues and connect them then? That may be the source of some of the problems as well.
02/13/2014 02:12 AMPosted by Haima
And yes, ever since they stopped doing the regular tues maint days

They do them as required and necessary. Nobody ever said Tuesday was a set-in-stone day that Servers were down for routine extended maintenance. Nobody ever said you were never going to have hotfixes, patches and maintenance during other days of the week. You people made a false assumption. Blizzard Entertainment actually does reserve the right to bring the servers down for absolutely no reason at all, right now, and cut off millions of players from their fun game for X duration of time - until such a time they flip the switches back on again, and there's nothing you can do about it - because you signed a contract saying it's entirely fine for them to do that and you will not complain about it.

Contrary to that, I am complaining about the downtime, because as a customer and supporter, I find the lack of control with the servers - both website and game - to be absurdly lacking. DDoS attacks without legal action or protection, game lag, latency issues ever rising (Not on my end). The only part I do not complain about, however, is the expected downtime that might come after maintenance.

I. Leave yourself room to believe that after any maintenance, there might be additional downtime required for any problem that -may- creep up.

II. During updates to the game that require a restart, leave yourself the possible room to believe that there may be a second restart required.

III. During the Realm 'Mergers' definitely leave yourself room to the possibility that additional server maintenance throughout the weeks, not Tuesday scheduled, may be required during the first few weeks after the Merge.

And there is a lot more to be said, but bottom line? I complain, I know Blizzard is doing their best, I know I am asking for more from them and they are already at their peak. I should take a step back and let them work on this quietly so they may get to the bottom of it without stress and pressure from a loyal customer bickering his head off like a gnat going "Gimme, gimme, gimme!" They know there's a problem, we've brought it to their attention already -many times-, they're working on a solution and a fix to the problem as it is required and necessary in the degree and manner they deem fit.
Makes me wonder right now how many WoW players in the south eastern states are blaming Blizzard because their power is out and they cannot play WoW.
Maybe, just maybe, they are shifting to a no maintenance schedule and these are just the teething problems.

Seriously, it's been 10 years. 6+ hours maintenances have to go.
02/13/2014 04:26 AMPosted by Tempcharac
Maybe, just maybe, they are shifting to a no maintenance schedule and these are just the teething problems.

You haven't noticed how infrequent the long maintenance Tuesdays have been in recent times, have you?
02/13/2014 04:29 AMPosted by Bretherezen
02/13/2014 04:26 AMPosted by Tempcharac

You haven't noticed how infrequent the long maintenance Tuesdays have been in recent times, have you?

I have, that why I think they might be moving towards a no maintenance schedule.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I have, that why I think they might be moving towards a no maintenance schedule.

Hypothetically, it might be the reason for the lack of server stability. Of course, I wouldn't know off hand or anything.

But with the technology of "Mega Servers" I can almost assume very positively that maintenance is a guaranteed thing, if not increasingly more frequent than a Tuesday. It just sounds like it comes with the label.
Seems like the OP is getting their wish granted, my server was just shutdown - not restarted, shut down - just a few minutes ago.