WHaaaaat?!?! GEAR store??!!?

General Discussion
Err... one more question. Anyone know how long these products will be on sale? As much as I'd really like to purchase the tankard, I do have bills that I'll need to pay soon and don't want to spend too much money all at once.
Customize your own Murloc hat? Where do I sign up? Where do I send my dump truck full of money?
02/13/2014 12:06 AMPosted by Cassima
Err... one more question. Anyone know how long these products will be on sale? As much as I'd really like to purchase the tankard, I do have bills that I'll need to pay soon and don't want to spend too much money all at once.

A responsible participant in a *cough* capitalist society always pays the bills, first.
Then, the responsible person saves what's left. If there is a possibility of having anything left over from saving, then a nice little trinket from the gear store can be purchased.

:) <(' '<) (>' ')> <( ' ' )> ^( ' ' )^

I haven't bought anything yet.

On my wishlist?

A big fluffy baby Murloc plushie that makes the baby Murloc noise when you squeeze it. (Made in the USA, of course.)

Make it happen.
02/12/2014 07:29 PMPosted by Adelphie
There is a disturbing lack of baby talbuk plushies in the store.

I'd like to draw attention to this important public announcement again, just in case someone missed it. Truer words could not have been spoken.

There is a -disturbing- lack of baby talbuk plushies. =|
I was thinking about grabbing a new chest piece, come on blizz $70 for a chest piece? It isn't even plate :/
I can't believe there's still no cloud serpent hatchling plushy. Blizzard should be ashamed.
At least blizz knows their customers. Shirts go up to 4XL!
02/12/2014 07:27 PMPosted by Giljean
All cups should have a coaster, do you want water rings on your tables? I know I don't

Who puts water in a tankard?

Wow, really?
02/12/2014 08:23 PMPosted by Nebekinezzar
I'm going to buy an alliance towel so i can have the satisfaction of drying my @ss with it every morning XD.

That's ok I'm gonna do the same with the horde one.
Yes but can i clean a horde stein with an alliance towel, and still be insulting? Of course this is all done while wearing a build your own murloc hat, and holding a baby talkbuk plushie that should exisist!
I'm all about swag. I was disappointed that they pulled the store down right before Christmas. I was going to buy my kids a bunch of stuff from the website. Blizzard's loss as I ended up shopping elsewhere.
02/12/2014 07:22 PMPosted by Azivalla
02/12/2014 07:21 PMPosted by Cassima
The tankard is tempting, but does it come with a coaster?

What are you, a 90's mom?

She respects wood. Do you respect wood?
02/12/2014 07:36 PMPosted by Umbraven
I understand this is a very polarizing issue, but I and many people wouldn't mind so much if WoW went the F2P model and supported it with micro-transactions.

I'd delete every character I had, shut down the account, and walk away. Blizzard would never see a penny of my money again, for any product, from now until the end of time. Neither would Activision.

I loathe "Free to Play" with the fury of a million dying suns. >_<

It is just very hard to be a college student (universally known to be broke) and enjoy a game I love.

.... bullsh!t.

No, seriously. That's a load of crock.

$15/month for the entertainment hours you can derive from an MMO you enjoy, is the best value for your money ever, in the history of mankind. There's no other possible way to stretch your entertainment dollars further, short of going full-bore boring.

Let me ask you ... do you ever go to the movies? Order a pizza? Stop for burgers somewhere? Buy tickets to your school's next big game? Do you smoke? Have a few beers now and again? Maybe rent a movie on DVD, or rent a console game? Buy a new single-player PC game every so often?

All of that is luxury money. And it's all stuff you could have spent in any number of ways ... including an MMO subscription, like WoW. What you need to do, is learn to be aware of your priorities where those luxury dollars are concerned. Be aware of where they go, what you spend them on.

<--- on social security Disability insurance. VERY fixed income, and quite low - under $8K per year. For several years, I lived in federally subsidised "low income" housing, and was on food stamps besides. And money for an MMO subscription was never even something to question.

My vices are books, the internet, and video games. Books I could get from a library. The other two I had to pay for ... and of all video game options, MMOs were and remain the best bang for my limited number of bucks, bar none.

I wish there was a perfect answer to this issue, but like with all things: there isn't.

Yes, there is.

It's quite simple: if you cannot afford $15/month for an MMO subscription ... to the point where there are no other luxuries you could go without, in order to pay for that MMO? You have more important things to worry about than prepping for the next Raid. Like, "where is my next meal coming from", and "how exactly did I get internet service in this cardboard box I'm living in?"

On the other hand, if you DO have other luxuries that are occupying your luxury budget, and do not want to give some of them up in order to afford an MMO? You have made a CHOICE - neither a good one, nor a bad one. But still, a choice. And it is a choice you are going to have to learn to live with.

Completely agree! And to add an additional note: IN ALL of the years that World of Warcraft has been available, they have NEVER raised their monthly fee, and to date, have not increased the cost of their expansions despite the state of the economy! That is something that can hardly be said for most other companies and the services or products that they offer!
02/13/2014 04:27 AMPosted by Shanndi
02/12/2014 07:29 PMPosted by Adelphie
There is a disturbing lack of baby talbuk plushies in the store.

I'd like to draw attention to this important public announcement again, just in case someone missed it. Truer words could not have been spoken.

There is a -disturbing- lack of baby talbuk plushies. =|

Well that is shocking. And if the Talbuk babies get put in, then we also need the Baby Elek plushie, the Worgen's Mountain Horses, the Tauren Kodo, the Orc Wolves, the Gnome Machano Striders, the Dwarven Rams, Troll Raptors, and Pandaren Tortoises. Sorry Sylvanas, but the Forsaken Skeletal Horse Plushie just sounds totally wrong! LOL!
Can we get Alliance toilet paper next?
Blizzard! I DEMAND!!!!

A QUILEN BABY PLUSHIE NAO

;)
Why are there no gears being sold in the gear store? There should be gears! Big, round, shiny metal gears with lots of teeth!
At first i thought the it was a Gere Store, and all they sold was giant plushies of Richard Gere, and gerbils for some reason.