Paladin question

Paladin
I don't get ret paladin pvp right now. I understand they aren't in the best state right now but when I'm playing 2s even at a low rating I need to bubble very quickly. I knew coming into pvp it wouldn't be the best, but it's amazing how fast I die. I understand I'm not gemmed at all but I literally got all this gear yesterday, I wanted to finish my cap before the new season. How can I stay alive better? Do I need to run with a healer always?
Honestly, asking these forums on how to survive better as a Ret Paladin was not the best idea. I'll do what I can to help though:

- Against melee classes, your best survival tool is kiting. The easiest way to kite is by using Judgment to speed yourself up while using Seal of Justice or Glyph of Burden of Guilt to slow down the target. Remove slows with Hand of Freedom or Emancipate and you will kite very effectively.

- Against ranged classes, use line of sight to your advantage. As a melee/ranged hybrid itself, a Ret thrives when hugging pillars to avoid caster damage. This is achieved the same way as with melee, Judgment them to gain a speed boost, Freedom or Emancipate to remove slows and get to that pillar. While you're there, you can heal up a lot of health depending on where the caster is.

- Remember to heal. I can't stress this enough, most Paladins go balls to the wall with damage, get CCed and wonder why they die so fast. The Selfless Healer talent is mandatory, and using 2-3 stacks will help out a ton. Also, don't be afraid to use Word of Glory instead of something else if you're taking a lot of damage.

Sorry for being brief but I'm in a bit of a rush. :P
Ret's pretty much flop over without a healer since are self healing is weak as hell imo, Honestly If you want to run double dps you'll need to just play something cheesey with a hunter / mage to kill in the first like 20 secs.
02/18/2014 06:22 PMPosted by Yihwa
Ret's pretty much flop over without a healer

Statistically. That doesn't mean they all do.
02/18/2014 08:42 PMPosted by Arrial
02/18/2014 06:22 PMPosted by Yihwa
Ret's pretty much flop over without a healer

Statistically. That doesn't mean they all do.
The only time you don't is random bgs which is literally meaningless. In controlled environments you flop over like a rogue without cds.