Challenge Mode Gone next week?

General Discussion
1 2 3 9 Next
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/12930280/challenge-mode-end-of-season-early-warning-2-13-2014
According to that, it's going away, from what i read, the last patch of MoP.

However, last patch of mop could easily be the next patch coming this Tuesday. So, are Challenge modes staying, or gone after next Tuesday?
Challenge Modes are not going away in 5.4.7. The End of Season Early Warning blog was meant to provide advance notice it will go away in a patch after 5.4.7 but prior to the Warlords of Draenor expansion.
Why are challenge modes being disabled before the expansion until next expansion? hint at new leaderboard tech?!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
02/14/2014 06:37 PMPosted by Rygarius
Challenge Modes are not going away in 5.4.7. The [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/12930280/"]End of Season Early Warning[/url] blog was meant to provide advance notice it will go away in a patch after 5.4.7 but prior to the Warlords of Draenor expansion.

In reality it does seem kinda of pointless to remove them.

you can always use the scale down technology to keep them competitive.

Also.. the fact you have to rely on crap like invisibility potions.. kinda makes them /derp

Why couldn't you remove stuff like Timeless Isle
02/14/2014 06:42 PMPosted by Pallybeb
Why are challenge modes being disabled before the expansion until next expansion? hint at new leaderboard tech?!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

The full explanation is in the blog. The short of it is, Challenge Mode is based on it being a challenge with current mechanics and, lots of mechanics will be changing in the pre-expansion patch.

With Warlords of Draenor’s class changes, itemization changes (e.g. the removal of Hit and Expertise), and—of course—increased level cap on the horizon, the difficulty of Mists of Pandaria’s dungeons will no longer be tuned the same as they were. In the spirit of fair play, when the aforementioned patch is released a little while before the new expansion launches, the current slate of Challenge Mode dungeons will no longer be available, and the achievements they award will be converted to Feats of Strength.
02/14/2014 06:42 PMPosted by Pallybeb

I believe it's because whatever patch they're being disabled with brings the new stat changes, which are one of their primary reasons for making them unavailable.

EDIT: FFF Blue beat me to it!

It's like this is their job or something.
So does this mean that Shado-Master will become unobtainable as well? That gold in Shado-pan garrison is hard to get..
New CM rewards are coming with the new CMs of WoD.

If you really like MoP CM rewards, you'd be trying to get them by now.

Stop crying. People who are crying right now have no excuse to not try to get them.

I'd understand people who didn't have the opportunity to play WoW during MoP, but current players are just whiners.
02/14/2014 06:48 PMPosted by Chloëbeth
So does this mean that Shado-Master will become unobtainable as well? That gold in Shado-pan garrison is hard to get..

Watcher tweeted that the Gold in Shado-Pan Monastery will be removed from the Shado-Master meta.
02/14/2014 06:48 PMPosted by Chloëbeth

https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/status/434499188508737536

EDIT:
Other warrior beat me.
02/14/2014 06:47 PMPosted by Lacryma
02/14/2014 06:37 PMPosted by Rygarius
Challenge Modes are not going away in 5.4.7. The End of Season Early Warning blog was meant to provide advance notice it will go away in a patch after 5.4.7 but prior to the Warlords of Draenor expansion.

Hey Rygarius, for those of us who are starting to work on them now do you have a general idea of how much time we have? Like a Month, two? I ask mainly as it'd help me figure out how much time I have, and thus how to schedule things.

If you don't know, well thanks for reading anyways. :)

All the information I have right now is some time after 5.4.7 and a patch prior to the expansion’s release.
I'm disappointed that there's no scaling and rebalancing available to keep these challenge modes applicable to level 100. :(
02/14/2014 06:50 PMPosted by Omegal
EDIT:
Other warrior beat me.

But you provided the link! Thanks, kind sir.
Take them away in 6.0! This is way to soon!
Long live AROLD! KING OF THE MAGES! Beat his times if you dare.....
You've changed the mechanics already (vengeance) but set it so that the old mechanics from expansion launch are still in effect in challenge modes.

Why can't you do the same?

Blizzard is constantly bemoaning that they cannot possibly put out stuff to do fast enough, and here you are removing something from the game. Again.
Glad they're giving us far in advance notice. Banged out 2 Golds and one Silver last night, really gonna try to get full Gold before pre-patch.