Shan'do Illidan Stormrage

Story Forum
I saw one of the new skins for Illidan in Heroes of the Storm and just had to post about it here. We know that Illidan had actually started out studying druidism from Cenarius alongside his brother, and that his original golden eyes were an indicator of Illidan's great druid potential, but that the arcane came to him much more easily and he left Cenarius' teachings behind.

Does Heroes of the Storm show us an Illidan plucked from a timeline where Illidan had not given up on being a druid? More obviously it's just the Heroes of the Storm artists having fun - his nature based warglaives are pretty awesome looking, if a little hilarious, too.

I've always had a fantasy that because of Illidan's studying with Cenarius when he was defeated at the Black Temple his spirit actually went to the Emerald Dream and, like Cenarius, Illidan could be revived, cleansed of the fel energies even, through the power of the Dream, and the brothers and Tyrande could be reunited again. Maybe in this alternate reality the brothers were closer than ever and protected the Night Elves and the wilds together.

Or maybe Malfurion is sporting glowing green tattoos and a blindfold in this alternate timeline.
For reference:

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2014/february/illidan-shando.jpg
Holy that's awesome.

Now that would make for a good alternate history. Its merely just just HoS dev's playing around, but they probably did it to spark interest in sort of a what if type thing. It would be neat if some of the Short Story writers took some idea from this and made a short story on what if Illidan did keep to the Druidic arts.

But I think if Illidan did keep to this path, instead of seeking power through the Arcane he would probably do so through druidism.
02/27/2014 07:03 AMPosted by Lilyphoebe
Or maybe Malfurion is sporting glowing green tattoos and a blindfold in this alternate timeline.

Well, this is the description for the Shan'do Illidan skin...

"Stormrage was born with amber eyes; a sign of great destiny... But the more he learned from the Forest Lord Cenarius, the more distant his brother grew. Still, none expected Malfurion's betrayal."
02/27/2014 08:49 AMPosted by Egrem
02/27/2014 07:03 AMPosted by Lilyphoebe

Well, this is the description for the Shan'do Illidan skin...

"Stormrage was born with amber eyes; a sign of great destiny... But the more he learned from the Forest Lord Cenarius, the more distant his brother grew. Still, none expected Malfurion's betrayal."

Wtb Demon hunter Malfurion.
Here are the descriptions for a few other Warcraft characters from alternate realities...

Blood Prince Arthas: Ner'zhul's weak spirit could not survive Kil'jaeden's wrath. Instead, the Dread Lord Mal'Ganis became his Lich King... It was all too simple to manipulate Arthas into becoming the first Blood Prince.

Frost Wyrm Arthas: After the death of the Ashen Verdict's champions none could halt the Lich King's advance. As an eternal reminder of his victory he grafted the very bones of his enemies onto his armor.

Storm Mantle Malfurion: Although Broll Bearmantle had saved the Archdruid's life from Azgalor's blade, it had cost him his own. Even now, Malfurion wears his armor to remind himself of the sacrifices that saved Hyjal.

Blood Elf Tyrande: Named for her ancestor, the first Sun Queen, Tyrande Windrunner serves the blood elves of Quel'Thalas as their Ranger General, preparing them for their pilgrimage into Outland.

Judgement Uther: Although he survived Arthas's brutal assault, Uther was unable to prevent the fall of Lordaeron. Now under King Varian's banner he leads the Silver Hand into Northrend to mete out justice.

Lumberjack Uther: Arthur Light of British Columbia had barely sipped his coffee when a dimensional portal dragged him into the Nexus. There he fights alongside the greatest of heroes, hoping to find his way home.
02/27/2014 09:29 AMPosted by Egrem
Judgement Uther: Although he survived Arthas's brutal assault, Uther was unable to prevent the fall of Lordaeron. Now under King Varian's banner he leads the Silver Hand into Northrend to mete out justice.

*grabby hands *
Lumberjack Uther: Arthur Light of British Columbia had barely sipped his coffee when a dimensional portal dragged him into the Nexus. There he fights alongside the greatest of heroes, hoping to find his way home.

This is the best origin story ever.
02/27/2014 10:38 AMPosted by Saeleathe
Lumberjack Uther lines:

"IN AXEBRINGER'S NAME, HAVE AT THEE!"

"For lumber!"

"It shall be cut!"

"I live to serve all carpenters."

His multiple-times-clicked lines should involve cutting the internet down.
Evil malfurion?
Only two Malfurion skins have been spotted so far (the default look and the Bearmantle gear)... but it would be cool if they did a demonic Malfurion to go with the druidic Illidan.
Real Earth is now canon to the Blizzard multiverse.
02/27/2014 10:50 AMPosted by Ferliona
Evil malfurion?

Does evil malfurion help his people?
Is it wrong that I literally burst out laughing at the sight of Shan'do Illidan?
Wait...

So Blizzard is taking a character who uses The Lightt, naming him Arthur Light, a name better known by Doctor Light, the serial !@#$%^ from DC comics?
Removing the post. I missed the part after serial.
I think that's coincidental. They probably just figured "Arthur" was the closest modern equivalent to "Uther", then added the "Light" surname in place of the "Lightbringer" title.
Well, actually.....

According to Arthurian tales and all, Uther Pendragon was the father of Arthur Pendragon. Aka King Arthur. Need I explain who that is? XD

It's a clever Arthurian ref if anything.