Warlords of Draenor Racial Traits

General Discussion
Prev 1 29 30 31 62 Next
Expansive Mind now increases maximum Mana, Energy, Rage, and Runic Power by 5% instead of only increasing maximum Mana.

For Gnomish Casters like me, this is such a lackluster trait. Mana is absolutely meaningless to me. May I have something that's more useful than a resource you've completely negated my being mindful of?

Or, how about this: Make mana something to be mindful of again.

5% more rage is OP though. My warrior is rerolling gnome from dorf.
Just GIVE UP on trying to make everything "balanced" Its not going to happen.
To me it seems like a lot of the racials for most of the horde are getting nerfed or completely removed all together and the alliance side are getting a couple new ones or having old ones bumped up a bit. Do I think this simply because I am of the Horde? Perhaps.... Interested to know if anyone else seems to share my thoughts
03/06/2014 11:10 AMPosted by Redordena
To me it seems like a lot of the racials for most of the horde are getting nerfed or completely removed all together and the alliance side are getting a couple new ones or having old ones bumped up a bit. Do I think this simply because I am of the Horde? Perhaps.... Interested to know if anyone else seems to share my thoughts

You still have 2 very strong racials in the orc and troll department. SO not like anything is going to change for most horde players.
Redordena
90 Troll Druid
Voljins Vengeance

I share your thoughts and beyond. I think this is one of the most biased and horrible mess of drivel I have seen Blizzard do. It is so blatantly pro Alliance and so negative to horde.

It's called balance.
So.. 2min CD on Will of the Forsaken was obviously not fair right!? :/ however a 2 min full trinket on Every Man for Himself.. now that makes sence. Horde gettin the fist as always, thanks Blizz your rock.
03/06/2014 11:13 AMPosted by Huntsatnight
You still have 2 very strong racials in the orc and troll department. SO not like anything is going to change for most horde players.

No, actually we HAD strong racials. Watch out Horde, nerf bat inc!
03/06/2014 10:27 AMPosted by Dakerus
03/06/2014 10:04 AMPosted by Yoshimeti

For Gnomish Casters like me, this is such a lackluster trait. Mana is absolutely meaningless to me. May I have something that's more useful than a resource you've completely negated my being mindful of?

Or, how about this: Make mana something to be mindful of again.

5% more rage is OP though. My warrior is rerolling gnome from dorf.

No, it's not overpowered. It's a racial. Very, very minor change. Besides, Gnomes haven't gotten anything since Vanilla. Shouldn't you be grateful that someone is finally acknowledging you exist, even if it's only for the benefit of racials?

I have always felt that Night elves and blood elves traits are almost useless. And Tauren have a real advantage with theirs. I gave up on them a long time ago.

Seems like they should list them and let us pick the ones that are useful to us and the ones we want. Not criticizing the designers just stating a fact about my opinion of racial traits. I know it is a tough job and the game is constantly evolving for the better.

I suggest a list for Horde and Alliance. the same list. Then the grumbling about how one faction has the advantage in PVP will stop.
I was REALLY hoping they would improve the rocket abilities of Goblins or at least reduce the cool down.
-sigh-

It's nice that Gnomes are finally getting their buff, but it's disappointing that they're just the better version of Goblins now.

Edit: And where is our Fire resistance? Sure the resistances don't make much of a difference, but if any race is gonna get a Fire resistance, it should be Goblins. Just saying. We don't blow ourselves up for fun you know! ...well, OK, yes we do. But that's besides the point!

03/06/2014 11:46 AMPosted by Adelphie

It's called balance.

I'd be more inclined to agree if they also nerfed humans.
Personally? I don't see why racials can't matter more in WoW. In other games, going back even to pen-and-polyhedrals days, racial traits tend to be quite strong - primary stats at ±5%, skill modifiers at +10%, etc. Either that, or they didn't exist, or you built your race with the same mechanics as you built your class.

Taking troll regeneration as an example: it regenerates 0.11% of your max health per 2 seconds, or 0.275% hp/5. Yet druids, as a passive level 30 talent (for which the opportunity cost is a self-heal CD or a rather expensive contingent hot CD) can not only regenerate 5% hp/5, but transfer it to others if it ticks while the druid is at full health.

The current racials, with their 1%s (that aren't necessarily) and little feel-goods that may as well be not there, are weak for the most part. There are just those certain racials (EMFH, WotF, Berserking) that do have immediate and dramatic effects; and quantifying strong cooldowns against dinky 1% passives, well...

So maybe a radical possibility: try buffing the racials, or perhaps using beta to play around with suites of buffed racials to see how the game feels.
Don't see many alliance racial nerfs.. yet so many buffs for them.. more proof you people favor them for pvp. Tsk tsk tsk.
Can't say that I'm surprised they didn't either change or remove Orc's Blood Fury. Interesting changes/additions to some of the new racial abilities though.
03/06/2014 10:54 AMPosted by Anyonka
Just GIVE UP on trying to make everything "balanced" Its not going to happen.

Unless they create an add on that fixes the disconnect between the chair and keyboard this is sooo true.

I play a game thats slightly older than WOW called ET, still an active community and servers running. it's a FPS with a limited reward/gain system set up as to not affect game play negatively. Skill always wins.
Ooo Oo best community in all of online games! Kaaa Booom!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfenstein:_Enemy_Territory

Ironic part is the publisher.

As for stoneform, I raid two dwarves and pvp with one of them.
/yawn, do i smell coffee?
welcome to 4.??
best racial in game! QQ out.
Are you guys crazy? The changes to stone form....free cloak of shadows and 10% damage reduction. right... Please re-evaluate this change. Maybe just add 10% damage reduction to the current racial and not remove magic buffs. This is as bad as will of the forsaken not on cd with pvp trinket. Mass exodus everyone goes dwarf in pvp. Bow to your Dwarf overlords.
Not really a cloak of shadows. Not a ccbreak/immunity.
because thats the only purpose of cloak lol dont act like youve never cloaked to get rid of a dot to restealth or something. A lock fully dots a dwarf and bye bye dps
03/03/2014 10:07 AMPosted by Backstabs
Id like to see combat racials removed and focus more on cosmetic/fun racials so everyone can play what they want to play instead of what offers the best minmaxing

thanks for the post anyways

Better yet, make all current racials into "mini talents" to be chosen from (maybe 3 max?) by any character of any race.

So I can be a Gnome and have Shadowmeld, Gift of the Naaru and Stoneform, for example?

I always want to be Gnome, just for the lighthearted, humorous look and sound of them, but Night Elf Shadowmeld keeps me making Night Elves. :(

My Rogue is Dwarf though, for Stoneform, as this erases extra DoT's on me that Cloak of Shadows cannot, thus I can Vanish for good, if needed.
Its been how many years since this game has been out? Why nerf/buff racials now? lol