Warlords of Draenor Racial Traits

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 62 Next
There's a surprisingly lack of angry Horde posting.
03/03/2014 10:07 AMPosted by Riley
I will forever be vocal about how absolutely silly the Night Elf one is. From a minmax perspective, one stat will /always/ be better. We will continue to see a sea of Worgen Druid in progression raiding on ally side because I dont want to look for a daytime raiding guild for that 1% extra minmaxing.

(Im refering to just my class in it's current state, yes, but it doesn't change the fact that having racials that change every X amount of hours are silly.)

If the design goals make it to live Break points will be gone and secondary stats will be close enough that trading 1% crit for 1% haste will not have a material impact on whether your guild wipes or kills a fight on a given attempt (even if the difference between wiping and killing is 1 GCD). This is the theory driving the racial changes, that they don't need to be exactly equal, as long as the differences are immaterial.

A similar example in-game today is the 275 vs 300 stat food. Believe it or not, 300 stat food only buys you about half a second in terms of kill speed, and an utterly unnoticeable difference in dps. In short, your dps is 100% attributable to your mastery of your class. Your guild's ability to beat a given encounter is 100% attributable to your raid's performance.

That isn't to say I don't use 300 stat food, I do. That's also not to say I won't race change to the best race for my class, I will. But I do that because, psychologically and socially, its important to me to be at 100%; it has very little to do with material differences in performance. I also know that, going in WoD, I will be spending 1% of my time picking and switching races & professions and getting the necessary consumables, 5% looking through theorycrafting, 5% working on my UI,15% looking at logs, and the entirety of my remaining time practicing what I know about my class. And I personally think I spend too much time theorycrafting/playing with my UI as it is.
Troll/orc racials are still probably too strong given you can line them up with other cd's. the other changes are nice though.

15% haste is still really really good.
03/03/2014 10:31 AMPosted by Mistania
So...your buffing the everloving !@#$ out of alliance racials...and nerfing to oblivion horde ones? yeah...seems on par for blizzard balancing ability... The troll ones take the cake though...here..eat a 5% haste loss AND have this totally useless as f@ck ability that may perhaps shave 5min off your levelling time...ooooo...I often wonder if the devs huff paint fumes or something before they do changes to anything, because everything seems to be done half-a@sed or with 1 side getting a clear and enormous advantage

It is not giving one side a clear and enormous advantage. It is removing the clear and enormous advantage one side had.

As a Troll, allow me to inform you that we were OP as hell. Back in ToT, did you ever see a warlock racechange Troll and shoot up 10% DPS because his UVLS Doom had 20% more haste? Orcs, same thing, replace "UVLS Doom" with "Festerblight". 5% extra damage to certain raidbosses was also a complete mess. Go look at the top parses for, I dunno, Megaera, and tell me what you see. Trolls-trolls-trolls.

I've been playing a Troll since WoW came out, and I think the nerfs were warranted. We're still good, we're just not as ludicrously overpowered (because that's what we were this xpac). It's gonna be nice to see all those other alliance races that aren't Humans, too, although the new model takes the edge off the gorilla.
03/03/2014 10:41 AMPosted by Karaahl
Also, EMfH, if it stays as is, will mean that humans will always be the dominant alliance race in pvp. It should be more limited in what it can do, maybe having it mimic a DK's Desecrated Ground.

The ideal is to give it to EVERYONE, there's no reason for other races to not have it. Either that, or make the Insignia of Dominance/Victory/Conquest to also give the CC breaking ability, ON TOP of its current effects.

These new racials, while an improvement, will still segregate certain classes to certain races (I can already see Warriors flocking to Dwarves and Taurens). However, the EMFH racial will still force people to take Humans, cause of the damage potential in PvP.

Unless the new trinkets have the same effect which would allow Humans to equip two DPS trinkets, Humans will prevail dominant for the Alliance once more.
03/03/2014 10:48 AMPosted by Helsinki
There's a surprisingly lack of angry Horde posting.

We're OP right now and we know it. Take a look at ally/horde top 100 raid representation, it's not like it's a trade secret or anything.
SOOOO.... Why crap on Undead???

Stoneform: 2MIN COOLDOWN now also removes magic and curse effects in addition to poison, disease, and bleed effects, along with reducing damage taken by 10% for 8 seconds. It remains unusable while CC'd.

Escape Artist : Escape the effects of any immobilization or movement speed reduction effect.
COOLDOWN HAS BEEN REDUCED TO 1 MIN (down from 1.5 minutes).

Every Man For Himself: Removes all movement impairing effects and all effects which cause loss of control of your character. This effect shares a cooldown with other similar effects. 2MIN COOLDOWN

AND THEN YOU HAVE UNDEAD....

Will of the Forsaken: COOL DOWN HAS BEEN INCREASED TO 3 MINS (up from 2 minutes).

WHY ARE THE UNDEAD GETTING PENILIZED????? YET HUMANS ARE STILL FAR SUPERIOR....
Bow before Gnome overlords, our time has come11!!111
It is not giving one side a clear and enormous advantage. It is removing the clear and enormous advantage one side had.

As a Troll, allow me to inform you that we were OP as hell. Back in ToT, did you ever see a warlock racechange Troll and shoot up 10% DPS because his UVLS Doom had 20% more haste? Orcs, same thing, replace "UVLS Doom" with "Festerblight". 5% extra damage to certain raidbosses was also a complete mess. Go look at the top parses for, I dunno, Megaera, and tell me what you see. Trolls-trolls-trolls.

I've been playing a Troll since WoW came out, and I think the nerfs were warranted. We're still good, we're just not as ludicrously overpowered (because that's what we were this xpac). It's gonna be nice to see all those other alliance races that aren't Humans, too, although the new model takes the edge off the gorilla.

So very much this.
I love the name Indulgences for a priest.
I don't post much, but I really feel like the changes to blood elves to be in bad taste for a few reasons.

1. Lack of racials compared to others.
2. Arcane Torrent not giving back Mana/Rage/Focus/Energy anymore if you use a secondary resource makes it feel even worse for some classes.
3. Everything I've heard about WoD I am excited for, everything save for Racials and Stats/Chants/Gems changes for gear since it feels like depending on your race/class you may feel like you got screwed over.

Please add more interesting aspects to the racials that lack any "Fun" or "Cool" factor or at least add new ones for those that lack many.
03/03/2014 10:04 AMPosted by Bashiok
Keep in mind these are directly from notes kept for the internal build. Any "Not yet implemented" callouts are referring to the internal build undergoing testing, and obviously not the currently live game you're playing. :)

New Beastslaying is meh :(
Would love to see:
"The Voodoo Shuffle" changed from "15% reduced slowing effects" to "Increase movement speed by 2% and 2% Dodge." (Removed current Regeneration passive.)
"Beastslaying" changed from "20% EXP Gain from Beasts" to "Hexologist: Removes all disease, curse and magic effects from the target. (2min CD)."
03/03/2014 11:01 AMPosted by Spellbraker
1. Lack of racials compared to others.

You have more options as a Blood Elf than a Human, as far as "interesting" racials go. Blood Elves aren't lacking in that department.

2. Arcane Torrent not giving back Mana/Rage/Focus/Energy anymore if you use a secondary resource makes it feel even worse for some classes.

You skipped the part where it said "Other aspects of the ability remain unchanged", didn't you?

As for Paladins, the only spec that could require Mana is holy. An extra Holy Power charge is far more useful than Mana, as it could mean a bigger heal if you use Word of Glory or Light of Dawn (which don't use any Mana).
I am still shocked that nothing has been done about the human racial: Every Man For Himself. In pvp it works just like the trinket that the rest of us need to buy. Instead in this slot I seen humans using a second damage increasing trinket this is one major thing that needs addressed.

Just figured out I should emphasize here that:

03/03/2014 09:59 AMPosted by Bashiok
Blood Elf
Arcane Acuity is a new racial passive ability that increases Critical Strike chance by 1%.
Arcane Torrent now restores 20 Runic Power for Death Knights (up from 15 Runic Power), 1 Holy Power for Paladins, or 3% of Mana for Mage, Priest, Warlocks (up from 2% of Mana). Other aspects of the ability remain unchanged.

03/03/2014 09:59 AMPosted by Bashiok
Other aspects of the ability remain unchanged.

It's a topic about racial changes. Arcane Torrent effect for Focus, Rage and Energy is still the same, so there is no need to post.
For Warlock the blood elf racial should give back our resource, like how holy paladins get a holy power. Destro could get an ember, affliction a soul shard, and demo energy. 2% mana is really bad =(
I don't really like the idea of the night elf racial varying depending on the time of day. 1% crit is awesome, 1% haste not so much. I don't like knowing that I could've had 1% more crit if I could afford to raid during the day :(

Yes, secondary stats are going to be rebalanced, and haste might be less useless for warriors, but unless they lower the value of crit it's still going to be important as fury. Higher crit affects how smooth the fury rotation is. It feels clunky with lower crit and that bugs me. It's sad knowing that if I could raid doing the work day that I'd have a smoother rotation than when I actually have time to raid. I really hope they reconsider having a racial that changes based on the time of day; at the very least it needs to be reversed for fury warriors. Or, like the human racial, allow us to choose which stats get increased at which time of day.
03/03/2014 11:10 AMPosted by Dopetrìx
For Warlock the blood elf racial should give back our resource, like how holy paladins get a holy power. Destro could get an ember, affliction a soul shard, and demo energy. 2% mana is really bad =(

It could sound fair from that perspective, except Warlocks can use a full ability with one charge, as opposed to Paladins that require 3 charges to use the ability to its fullest.

For instance, 1 Ember/Soulshard would give you a Chaos Bolt, or a Haunt, but for Paladins it'd mean only 33% of a Word of Glory or Templar's Verdict.

I agree however that 2% is bad. You don't need it for Destruction (in its current state), and Demonology and Affliction will barely have a use for it.
Just change quickness to give 5% movement speed increase and remove the useless dodge.

Also just scrap touch of elune and make it a mastery increase racial instead.

You need to nerf orc bloodfury. Orc warlocks will still be broken against other warlocks.

Orcs with pet classes get TWO offensive bonuses from their racials, that's just stupid.

It's like they don't realize that activated cooldowns are much more valuable for stacking than passive effects.

It's why engineering is so broken, because you can stack cooldowns with it and get a sprint on top that's amandatory for low mobility classes like DK.
I hope to god they are increasing the CD time for Every Man for Himself if they are increasing the CD for Will of the Forsaken. Its utter bullcrap if they don't.