Warlords of Draenor Racial Traits

General Discussion
Prev 1 52 53 54 62 Next
No. balance would be nerfing their free pvp trinket.

The changes you are complaining about were done for PvE.

Blizzard has said they don't know what they will do with EMFH yet.
They should just give every race these racials.

1. every man for him self
2. Haste or Crit by 2% depending on you're spec/class
3. some random fun racial that doesn't effect pvp/pve

There problem solved no one is over powered and everyone can roll w/e character they want. also makes balancing easier for the dev team.
racials should be like professions in WOD
they should not effect player power. they should be for flavor and making/saving money. thats all.
05/17/2014 07:17 PMPosted by Pastload
They should just give every race these racials.

1. every man for him self
2. Haste or Crit by 2% depending on you're spec/class
3. some random fun racial that doesn't effect pvp/pve

There problem solved no one is over powered and everyone can roll w/e character they want. also makes balancing easier for the dev team.

This.
Is it just me or it seem like Alliance changes are beneficial while most Horde changes are essentially all nerfs?
05/17/2014 08:45 PMPosted by Saoiray
Is it just me or it seem like Alliance changes are beneficial while most Horde changes are essentially all nerfs?

That is because alliance racials have been complete garbage in PvE. Lots of top end guilds have gone horde just because the horde racials are just so much stronger. It seems like a nerf only because the horde racials have been vastly more powerful for so long, horde still has a slight advantage but it's more balanced now.
05/14/2014 03:32 AMPosted by Bburn
05/14/2014 12:02 AMPosted by Brazerz
This is completely insane. All I see here are HUGE racial buffs for the Alliance, and a HUGE racial nerf for the Horde... WHY?

Where as I am not very pleased with a lot of the changes they are making, I can not agree with your statement. The reason for that is because of exactly what i posted about before which is the Tauren changes

Tauren
Brawn is a new racial passive ability that increases Critical Strike bonus damage and healing done by 2%.
Endurance now increases Stamina by an amount scaling with character level, instead of increasing Base Health by 5%.

Thats actually a pretty huge buff, especially since they have no mentioned the war stomp, that its safe to assume it will be left alone. So bigger heals, bigger crits, more hp and a stun... Sorry but that does not seem like a nerf to me.

Actually, nobody has said how Stamina is going to scale with level. This could be a huge nerf in comparison to health. You're right about war stomp, which we don't know if that's going away or staying. The critical strike bonus will be nice, but not sure how it will range compared to other racials.

In any case, you are using one race out of all of them as a way to say Horde racials aren't getting nerfed. Troll. Orc, and Undead were nothing but nerfed. Haste, expertise with ranged weapons, and damage against beasts all removed or reduced dramatically for trolls.

Orc having both expertise with axes and reduction of stuns nerfed.

Goblin, no real/huge change...in fact might be beneficial depending on how some of the things will work in-game, such as what effect it might have on the GCD.

Undead having their racial CD extended an extra 60 seconds definitely can't be described as anything but a nerf.

Blood Elf seems to be a fairly balanced change, though I personally am going to hate not getting my 2% mana on my Paladin when using it. One Holy Power is pretty much pointless to be honest. The critical strike increase definitely will be handy, however.

Compare that to:

Dwarf getting same increased crit bonus as Tauren PLUS having Stoneform remove practically any debuff in existence, makes it a little crazy.

Draenei now getting increased stats that will, perhaps, add quite a bit of damage AND getting a buff to their self heal.

Only gnome buff that really matters at end game are Nimble Fingers and Escape Artist cd reduction, which isn't huge but still is a nice little buff....especially if haste buff does help on GCD and all.

Human Spirit is hands down one of the most insane changes, increasing 2 secondary stats. That will make a huge difference in pvp and pve at all levels.

Night Elf got more annoying too, constant run speed increase, higher dodge rate, and random 1% bonus varying on time of day (got to admit, that 1% bonus based on time of day really needs to be changed a bit),

Can you really say Alliance isn't getting buffed while Horde is seeing overall nerfs? Not saying some things might be beneficial to Horde, only that we have a lot more things changing for the worse than Alliance does.
05/17/2014 08:55 PMPosted by Mystheal
05/17/2014 08:45 PMPosted by Saoiray

That is because alliance racials have been complete garbage in PvE. Lots of top end guilds have gone horde just because the horde racials are just so much stronger. It seems like a nerf only because the horde racials have been vastly more powerful for so long, horde still has a slight advantage but it's more balanced now.

Not sure you can really say that. Each race on both sides essentially had classes they were better situated for based on racials. Each side all had increases to expertise for certain weapons. There might have been some minor differences, such as Orc having increased pet damage...something no other race had. However you must also consider Night Elf's boosts to survivability and all.

Quite frankly, the biggest difference between Horde and Alliance racials to date has been that Alliance focused more on survival (Quickness, Shadowmeld, Escape Artist, Aberration, Gift of the Naaru, Stoneform, Frost Resistance, Arcane Resistance, , etc) while Horde focused more on killing (Blood Fury, Command, Berserking, Beast Slaying, Touch of the Grave, Time is Money.). Neither side's racials gave a HUGE boost but it was enough to make a small difference on how it needed to be played.

Tauren, Blood Elf, and Undead practically were always in the same shoes as some of the Alliance races, having nothing to boost dps or practicality in pve. The only ones with "boosts" were Orc, Troll, and Goblin. Only races with expertise bonuses on Horde side were Orc and Troll.

In comparison, Alliance only had Worgen for a dps boost with 1% crit chance...unless you want to count Draenei's Heroic Presence for the hit rate increase. (small as it may have been, still gave a little wiggle room to gem, enchant, or transmute other stats in its place) Where Alliance did have another little boost in comparison was specizations/expertise bonuses. Where Horde only had two races with those bonuses, Alliance had three races with them, Dwarf, Gnome, and Humans.

Not sure if you followed all I said, but let me summarize:

Alliance racials have not been trash in pve or in pvp. They have had many benefits if played right. They may not be dps increases like you see in some Horde races but you did get more bonuses to survivability than any Horde race had been given. This probably equates to what each side is supposed to represent.

Alliance is supposed to be more so the "proud, noble, courageous, wise" side of things...driven by honor and tradition. They seek knowledge, justice, and hope while serving to protect others.

In contrast, the Horde values action and strength above diplomacy. Horde leaders earn respect by the blade and brutality is what they're best known for.

When you think it through, the thought that Alliance racials focused more on survival makes plenty of sense...just as the idea that Horde racials focused less on survival and more on damage. Neither one more unbalanced than the other, just required people to adapt to slightly different styles of play.
05/09/2014 11:35 PMPosted by Attlas
Kinda glad Will of the Forsaken got a time nerf, it is pretty powerful, almost like a second pvp trinket, and it's really powerful for undead deathknights who have Lichborne

WoTF puts the Trinket on cooldown and it only works on Fears, Sleep, and Charms. Furthermore, certain class abilities also put it on cooldown too. Really, it's like 1 and a half assed Trinket.
Not really feeling the racial that is usless at max level for trolls. If anything I'd prefer if you just leave it at 5% damage to beasts. This at least helps in PvP against feral druids...
Make Escape Artist only usable if there's a slow on you!
05/22/2014 01:16 AMPosted by Peppyeppy
Make Escape Artist only usable if there's a slow on you!

Make escape artist not work like a terrible version of EMFH.
05/19/2014 03:00 PMPosted by Azzuel
Not really feeling the racial that is usless at max level for trolls. If anything I'd prefer if you just leave it at 5% damage to beasts. This at least helps in PvP against feral druids...

Welcome to what everyone with profession bonuses have had for years.
I just don't want WoW racials dumbed down to SWTOR level. That was a truly pathetic execution of "racials."
All I'm seeing for blood elves is +1% crit. I've never found a situation where using arcane torrent was useful. Maybe PvP? I'm not usually worried about my mana (or holy power for that matter), and rarely would I ever need to silence more than 1 mob at a time, and I've got rebuke on a 15 second timer. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like blood elves are getting shafted when it comes to racials. I'd prefer another passive, ANYTHING, in place of this, but meh. I'm guessing it's here to stay, and there won't be any noticeable traits, unlike every other class I've played ;P
Blood Elf
•Arcane Acuity is a new racial passive ability that increases Critical Strike chance by 1%.•Arcane Torrent now restores 20 Runic Power for Death Knights (up from 15 Runic Power), 1 Holy Power for Paladins, or 3% of Mana for Mage, Priest, Warlocks (up from 2% of Mana). Other aspects of the ability remain unchanged.

As a Blood Elf Warlock, I'm loving this. Keep it up, Blizz! :3
05/17/2014 09:51 PMPosted by Saoiray
Not sure you can really say that. Each race on both sides essentially had classes they were better situated for based on racials. Each side all had increases to expertise for certain weapons. There might have been some minor differences, such as Orc having increased pet damage...something no other race had. However you must also consider Night Elf's boosts to survivability and all.

Quite frankly, the biggest difference between Horde and Alliance racials to date has been that Alliance focused more on survival (Quickness, Shadowmeld, Escape Artist, Aberration, Gift of the Naaru, Stoneform, Frost Resistance, Arcane Resistance, , etc) while Horde focused more on killing (Blood Fury, Command, Berserking, Beast Slaying, Touch of the Grave, Time is Money.). Neither side's racials gave a HUGE boost but it was enough to make a small difference on how it needed to be played.

I mean it's not something that's up for debate in PvE, when you min/max you go horde, that is all there has been too it. Survivability does not matter when there are enrage timers, even if quickness saved the raid 1 wipe out of 100 (which is unlikely), it's not something that can be relied upon. The damage boosts horde races got (Orcs and Trolls being the most overpowered of any race by far), is something that happens all the time (not to mention the on use which stack with multiple proc like berserking etc). The minor draenei racial, or human spirit, or night elf quickness can never be relied upon to assist your raid every pull, damage bonuses can.

I mean there is a reason top guilds like method and vodka went horde, it's because the racials for min/maxers are far too good. Yes a 5%+ damage increase is huge (like ToT where most people went troll because of beastslaying).
Fun fact, Escape artist doesn't work all the time. After cataclysm, hardly never.
I'm going to be brutally honest; those are all boring as hell. I still miss Blood Elves' TBC racials, which genuinely added something interesting to gameplay (even if it wasn't super useful).

I'd really like to see more "vanity/convenience" racials, if anything.