Warlords of Draenor Racial Traits

General Discussion
Prev 1 53 54 55 62 Next
Now reasons to hate the Alliance even more..
05/17/2014 10:43 PMPosted by Fhrei
05/09/2014 11:35 PMPosted by Attlas
Kinda glad Will of the Forsaken got a time nerf, it is pretty powerful, almost like a second pvp trinket, and it's really powerful for undead deathknights who have Lichborne

WoTF puts the Trinket on cooldown and it only works on Fears, Sleep, and Charms. Furthermore, certain class abilities also put it on cooldown too. Really, it's like 1 and a half assed Trinket.
Not really, considering that it only puts the trinket on a 30sec cooldown. Of course 30 seconds are an eternity in a duel or maybe a 2-dps 2v2 arena match, but not so in any kind of group pvp.

Also, isn't wotf going to work on basically *every* 'long' CC in WOD, considering that they're merging all the DRs together? Having half the entire team (especially healers) able to break CCs almost twice as often as the other team is going to be 'fun' in battlegrounds, especially ctf.

BTW, the only other racials that give CC and anti-CC options beyond a trinket (escape artist would count too if it broke anything worthwhile like stuns) are war stomp's aoe stun and arcane torrent's aoe silence, neither of which have alliance equivalents, and both give a large advantage in pvp. Especially since arcane torrent is going to be one of the few (only) blanket silences in WOD...

ALL racials dealing with CCs (EMFH, escape artist, warstomp, wotf, arcane torrent, and the -reduction to stuns/snares) should be removed, imo. Give them some kind of dps/survivability ability instead, or something.
Human
Racial "Boring"
Once a day, your character looks directly at you and breaks the fourth wall.

Night Elf
Racial "Elune's chosen"
Any night elf spell has a chance to take the appearance of a Moonlight spell

Dwarf
Racial "...and my Axe"
Any dwarf spell has a chance to take the appearance of a thrown battle Axe

Gnome
Racial "Tinker's might"
Gnomes may activate their jetpacks and hover with them.

Orc
Racial "We are proud"
All attacks have a chance to straighten the Orc's spine for 5 minutes; stacks. At 100 stacks, the fixed spine is permanent and one designer at Blizzard is fired.

Tauren
Racial "Medium Rare"
Tauren have a chance to find treasured ancestral artifacts in all loot, which grants them temporary weapon skins relevant to their race (IE totem poles).

Undead
Racial "I accidentally"
Undead swinging melee weapons have a chance to fall apart, rendering them immobile, but untargetable. When they reassemble, they will take on the appearance of an abomination.

Troll
Racial "Voodoo's Curse"
Each attack grants the troll a chance to increase their size by 1%; stacks. At 10%, the troll's ranged attacks are all thrown spears.
Ooooh... I like what the Tauren are getting... kinda makes me sad that I race-changed mine.

>.> ... Time to make a new Tauren!
05/17/2014 08:45 PMPosted by Saoiray
Is it just me or it seem like Alliance changes are beneficial while most Horde changes are essentially all nerfs?

03/03/2014 09:59 AMPosted by Bashiok
Blood Elf
Arcane Acuity is a new racial passive ability that increases Critical Strike chance by 1%.
Arcane Torrent now restores 20 Runic Power for Death Knights (up from 15 Runic Power), 1 Holy Power for Paladins, or 3% of Mana for Mage, Priest, Warlocks (up from 2% of Mana). Other aspects of the ability remain unchanged.

That's not a nerf..

Draenei
Heroic Presence has been redesigned. It no longer increases Hit by 1%, and instead increases Strength, Agility, and Intellect, scaling with character level.
Gift of the Naaru now heals for the same amount over 5 seconds (down from 15 seconds).

And there's an Alliance nerf.
It's simply frustrating that I love playing this game as a Draenei and have to race change to human to do arenas. Makes me wonder if they are keeping human overpowered so we pay for race changes all the time.
A Race shouldn't have more than one Racial, passive or activated, affecting one of the 4 class abilities categories - defense (taking less damage and healing), offense (doing more damage), crowd control and resource (rage, mana, runic power, etc).

So for an example Forsaken's healing through "Touch of The Grave" and "Cannibalize" are redundant, as they both fall in the defensive category, and one of them should go and what is left should be either Touch of the Grave that does damage and healing or Touch of the Grave that does damage only and Cannibalize that restores health.
''Stoneform now also removes magic and curse effects in addition to poison, disease, and bleed effects, along with reducing damage taken by 10% for 8 seconds. It remains unusable while CC'd.''

O.O!!! Rogues with clos+a sec clos that removes bleeds= GG

They break this exp, with so many stuns and fear, making ud and orc far better on pvp, now they gona buff ally racials to ''balance'' the game again... Ofc is they make some $$ on race change that a pluz...

Got love that feel that the race i play can turn to crap any moment and im gona have to pay $$ if i dont want a crap racial...

Plz just nerf all racials already and make they just fun and not something that break the game like this... or maybe let us chose the racial we want, maybe something like a talent.
I kind of feel the traits are a little one sided here both the trolls and orcs have been nerfed and the other (horde) races ( Blood elves excluded) don't really seem to stand apart from the rest in any unique fashion.
05/24/2014 10:44 AMPosted by Borsohn
Is it just me or it seem like Alliance changes are beneficial while most Horde changes are essentially all nerfs?

Blood Elf
Arcane Acuity is a new racial passive ability that increases Critical Strike chance by 1%.
Arcane Torrent now restores 20 Runic Power for Death Knights (up from 15 Runic Power), 1 Holy Power for Paladins, or 3% of Mana for Mage, Priest, Warlocks (up from 2% of Mana). Other aspects of the ability remain unchanged.

That's not a nerf..

Draenei
Heroic Presence has been redesigned. It no longer increases Hit by 1%, and instead increases Strength, Agility, and Intellect, scaling with character level.
Gift of the Naaru now heals for the same amount over 5 seconds (down from 15 seconds).

How is that a nerf when hit is out of the window?

Draenei racials got buffed, not nerfed.

And yes, draenei needed buffs.
05/24/2014 10:44 AMPosted by Borsohn

Blood Elf

That's not a nerf..

Draenei

How is that a nerf when hit is out of the window?
Dwarf warrior it is then!
They should just make every man for himself a baseline spell for every race, remove pvp insignias from the game. They could nerf other racials accordingly or just add a new spell for humans

The game is 10 years old and you still have to spend conquest each season to have an ability to break CC, which should have been baseline from the start.

Whenever they talk about balancing, they're talking about "what is fun and what is not". Having to buy PvP insignia each new season for the same effect is NOT a fun design. Giving people a choice to run 2x damage trinkets or 1x damage 1x survival trinket would be a far more fun design, and balance it around that, instead of having Humans run around with bigger advantage than everyone else.
05/23/2014 03:18 PMPosted by Maldazzar
I'm going to be brutally honest; those are all boring as hell. I still miss Blood Elves' TBC racials, which genuinely added something interesting to gameplay (even if it wasn't super useful).

I'd really like to see more "vanity/convenience" racials, if anything.

Agreed!
Wow, I love the night elf ones. Amazing concept for a racial since we prefer the night. So cool!! <3
03/03/2014 10:07 AMPosted by Backstabs
Id like to see combat racials removed and focus more on cosmetic/fun racials so everyone can play what they want to play instead of what offers the best minmaxing

thanks for the post anyways

THIS BY A LONG SHOT. What is so wrong about racials just being something fun and unique to each race?
05/27/2014 09:50 PMPosted by Galentris
03/03/2014 10:07 AMPosted by Backstabs
Id like to see combat racials removed and focus more on cosmetic/fun racials so everyone can play what they want to play instead of what offers the best minmaxing

thanks for the post anyways

THIS BY A LONG SHOT. What is so wrong about racials just being something fun and unique to each race?

this times 100000

stop trying to balance them and just make them cosmetic or for making gold etc.

effecting player power is silly when you are removing the player power from profesions.

Human
  • Mace Specialization has been removed (was 1% Expertise with maces).
  • Sword Specialization has been removed (was 1% Expertise with swords).
  • The Human Spirit has been redesigned. It no longer increases Spirit by 3%, and instead now increases two secondary stats by an amount scaling with character level. You can choose which two secondary stats it increases. This has not yet been implemented.

Just wondering why do Humans get two secondary stat increases in addition to their already free PvP trinket, and on top of that Humans get the pick which stats get increased...

meanwhile no one else has a say in what ONE secondary stat gets increased...

Honestly I hope this never gets implemented along with the Night Elf one, I can see how Blizzard wanted "fun" with Night Elves but it's pretty obvious with Humans it's "Let make them blatantly OP"

Edit: Of course I haven't seen anywhere that EMFH is going away so I assume it's still in game
Is this conversation still going on?

Doesn't anyone notice that Dwarfs and Tauren get the most OP racials in the game?

We have best in slot trinkets right now and their racial is a free 1/3 of that effect.

Why doesn't anyone else ever acknowledge this?