Worst PvE DPS

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 12 Next
Mine if the other players in the dungeon/raid are rude and crude. Kick me already.
03/04/2014 02:06 PMPosted by Yanlou
Unholy DK I would imagine

Actually Demonology Warlock and Unholy are pretty crap at the moment.
03/04/2014 02:33 PMPosted by Jartrielas
MM hunters!

My MM hunter solo target has higher DPS than my Warlock.
03/04/2014 02:08 PMPosted by Ártemis
Holy priest i

Not a dps spec
Neither is holy
Also Shadow is the worst
Everyone saying Shadow doesn't appear to actually know what they're talking about. Shadow overall is fine and if anything is above average. It has terrible single target, yes, but there are only like 3 single target fights in H SoO. Probably not gonna blow anyones mind as Shadow but it's far, far from the worst.
03/04/2014 02:37 PMPosted by Kompressor
03/04/2014 02:06 PMPosted by Yanlou
Unholy DK I would imagine

Actually Demonology Warlock and Unholy are pretty crap at the moment.

demo is only bad when you compare it to destro. when you compare it to the rest of the classes its actually pretty good.
03/04/2014 02:23 PMPosted by Kauterizer
In all honesty I would say shadow priests and Noxxic seems to back this up on their dps charts.
I have to say that this kind of stinks since aside from dots our main attack spells are either channeled or have a nearly 2 second cast time.
Still... I have not hit top tier so perhaps my opinion is more from a casual standard.
Just soooooooo much room for potential imo.

Kauterizer

No trying to be rude, but how does a player get to 17,000+ achivement points and still believe Noxxic can be a soild source of information...?
Standing in stuff. Getting Killed by mechanics. By FAR the worst DPS.
03/04/2014 02:07 PMPosted by Pyri
Serious answer: it varies from fight to fight. Here's what the overall 25H parses look like, though this is kind of meaningless information: http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Spec_Score/25H/all/14/60/default/

Well according to that, and popularity scores of Specs played.

the least popular specs in WOW currently are.

Marksmanship
Subtlety
Arms
Demonology
Holy
Unholy

I know for a fact MM, Sub and Arms can have chart topping DPS in the right hands. I think the lack of popularity with those specs has to do with the Play style more than DPS. Holy is not popular either but it's a healing spec.

This leaves 2 of the unpopular specs, Both of which I play, both of which do DPS at the same leave as a tank, with out the ability to tank. As for Shadow Priests, they sit close to Fire Mages in DPS, which is OK but highly situational.
The worst PvE dps is going to be relative to your skill level.

Oh and don't look at Noxxic for their sim'd Dps charts. Use actual raid logs.
03/04/2014 02:50 PMPosted by Kompressor
Arms can have chart topping DPS in the right hands.

Only if there are adds to cleave. Single target Arms is mediocre at best while Fury is one of the best single target specs in the game. It's not so much a popularity thing, Arms as it exists right now can't compete with Fury thanks to late expansion crit scaling.
Feral Druid?
03/04/2014 02:45 PMPosted by Bosspriest
No trying to be rude, but how does a player get to 17,000+ achivement points and still believe Noxxic can be a soild source of information...?

Just because you play the game a lot doesn't mean you're automatically good at it
I think it all depends on the group - how well the members of the raid are geared, and how they use their damaging attacks/spells. I used to have !@#$ DPS as a fury warrior and then created a better rotation for the use of my attacks, and now I'm the top DPS in my guild (and often within the top five in LFR groups). Meanwhile I've seen other fury warriors do %^-* DPS as well. The lowest DPS in our guild is an elemental shaman, but I've seen elemental shamans do amazing DPS in LFR and normal raids, so again, it all depends on the group and the player itself.
It depends a lot on the fight. A spec might be lowest for one fight and average for another.

The one thing you can be sure of is that noxxic will be wrong.

Also - shadow priest and unholy DK are definitely not the worst DPS specs right now. MM hunter is at or near the bottom.
Assuming optimal gear, rotations, and a single target fight, it's Shadow Priests.
Multi target, I have no idea.
03/04/2014 04:37 PMPosted by Asuhariet
Assuming optimal gear, rotations, and a single target fight, it's Shadow Priests.
Multi target, I have no idea.

I don't think that's true. I think other specs have it worse, like MM or Arms for single target. The difference is that these classes have better options.
03/04/2014 02:08 PMPosted by Sarence
Wont begin to matter till you do heroics though, unless you basically straight stack your 25 man raid with ~17 shadow priests.

The thing about discussing "worst" vs. "best" dps these days is that the delta between worst and best is quite narrow, probably the narrowest that it's ever been. As others in this thread have pointed out, different classes tend to perform better or worse depending on the fight. Also, even classes that might not have the best single target damage can contribute in other ways. For example, Shadow Priests have multi-dotting potential, and provide some healing as well.
Destruction Warlocks are pretty bad buff Chaos Bolt please and make it only consume 1 charge of Havoc.

And make Shadowburn always crit pls