What's for breakfast?

General Discussion
Had an egg mcmuffin... but no coffee. God I miss coffee. I think I am developing lactose intolerance and black just isnt the same. yey...
A hard boiled egg, hot tea and toast with strawberry preserves.
Sweetened black coffee, I usually eat one good meal a day and that's dinner. Except for cheat days.
03/06/2014 05:24 AMPosted by Littlepaw
I usually eat one good meal a day and that's dinner. Except for cheat days.

That is incredibly bad for you. If you go the one meal a day route (which is bad enough) you shouldn't have 'cheat' days.

Eating an extra amount of food when your body is not used to it will just cause it to convert the extra to fat. Your body thinks of it like 'Hey, we don't get to each this much very often, we should hold onto it as an extra energy reserve'
One ounce Zen Party mixed with one ounce unsalted peanuts, with 4 ounces of organic, non GMO apple juice.
03/06/2014 04:31 AMPosted by Miravella
I don't eat breakfast

I only eat at 1-3pm whenever my workout is done

My nutritionist says eating one meal a day is a pretty bad idea, especially if trying to eat healthy and what not.

According to him, when you only eat once per day, your body goes into save mode... It knows it isn't going to be nourished again until the following day and thus does everything it can to slow your metabolic rate so the one meal can sustain you until the next meal the following day.

On topic: I just had some sausage biscuits.
03/06/2014 05:36 AMPosted by Hartagon
03/06/2014 04:31 AMPosted by Miravella
I don't eat breakfast

I only eat at 1-3pm whenever my workout is done

My nutritionist says eating one meal a day is a pretty bad idea, especially if trying to eat healthy and what not.

According to him, when you only eat once per day, your body goes into save mode... It knows it isn't going to be nourished again until the following day and thus does everything it can to slow your metabolic rate so the one meal can sustain you until the next meal the following day.

On topic: I just had some sausage biscuits.

If anyones interested heres a little snipit on intermittent fasting. The stuff that nutritionist teach is way out dated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRqAg4QHQTc
Instant oatmeal and cottage cheese.
03/06/2014 05:40 AMPosted by Littlepaw
If anyones interested heres a little snipit on intermittent fasting. The stuff that nutritionist teach is way out dated.

Yeah, believe what a random video says over nutritionists. Everything you see on the internet is fact, and all of the fad diets you see actually work.

The absolute best way to burn fat is eating small amounts every few hours, it boosts your metabolism extremely high. That along with cardio and low-weight high-rep exercises is what will get you lean.

If you are losing weight eating one meal a day, it is because your body is burning muscle for energy (muscle fiber contains more energy than fat, and it gets used first if you are consistently at rest) causing you to pack on MORE fat because you are losing muscle mass (which passively burns calories you take in)

Fasting can be good for you if you do it responsibly, and still drink juice or milk; really anything non-solid that provides nutrients, again to avoid losing muscle mass.
03/06/2014 05:51 AMPosted by Happymending

Yeah, believe what a random video says over nutritionists. Everything you see on the internet is fact, and all of the fad diets you see actually work.

The absolute best way to burn fat is eating small amounts every few hours, it boosts your metabolism extremely high. That along with cardio and low-weight high-rep exercises is what will get you lean.

If you are losing weight eating one meal a day, it is because your body is burning muscle for energy (muscle fiber contains more energy than fat, and it gets used first if you are consistently at rest) causing you to pack on MORE fat because you are losing muscle mass (which passively burns calories you take in)

Fasting can be good for you if you do it responsibly, and still drink juice or milk; really anything non-solid that provides nutrients, again to avoid losing muscle mass.

All you're doing is teasing yourself the entire day with those small meals while remaining hungry. And as far as I know muscle loss doesn't occur until after a 24 hour period of absolutely no food intake.

There are more then one ways to achieve weight loss and fitness, this is my preferred method. I've had a lot of positive results like the overall health of my digestive system. I used to suffer severely from serious bouts of acid reflux. I had to be real choosey about what I could eat, but now it's a nonissue. I've had other health problems too that I've seen improve since I started intermittent fasting. And to top it all off I'm steadily losing weight, gaining muscle, and on the whole feeling much more healthier.

I'm speaking from my own experience and results. Have a good morning :)
03/06/2014 06:12 AMPosted by Littlepaw
All you're doing is teasing yourself the entire day with those small meals while remaining hungry.

Not when you simply eat whenever you feel hungry.
And as far as I know muscle loss doesn't occur until after a 24 hour period of absolutely no food intake.

With no food to burn, muscle breakdown happens immediately (after your body uses stored glucose from the liver) but if you are fasting for extended periods, muscle breakdown stops after 48 hours and starts back up again at 72 hours, which is why if you fast, no matter what, you are going to lose at least some muscle.
And to top it all off I'm steadily losing weight, gaining muscle

Are you actually keeping track of your bmi or just looking at a scale? Muscle weighs more than fat, so when you burn it you think you are losing a lot of fat. I would not be surprised if you are losing fat (if you are around 25-30% body fat) along with muscle, but once you get down to 20% you will either gain it all back or be stuck there. Not that 20% is a bad thing, but it is slightly over average (not national average of course, but the 'where people should be' average)
03/06/2014 05:51 AMPosted by Happymending

it doesnt matter. it works and if its a short term thing you really wont do any harm. I know people who have successfully lost weight this way with no problems
Gnome, wit' Gnome on da side, mon. Coffee, blond an' sweet.
Cadbury Crème Eggs and Folgers Coffee. Probably fry some Swai fish later with some carrots and rice when my better half gets home from college.
Yeah, I've lost 20 pounds from only eating once a day and when I did eat it was very small, it was very hard to do always being starved and I did this for a couple months. That was two years ago and here I am now back to eating normal and feel just fine and have kept the weight off, I don't recommend anybody doing this but with my foot injury I was not able to just exercise it off so this was really my only option to lose weight.
03/06/2014 06:26 AMPosted by Oniana
it works and if its a short term thing you really wont do any harm

Know what else is a short term thing and works? The silly maple syrup, cumin, and lemon juice 'cleanse'

You'll lose 5 pounds and gain it back in a week. Pretty much the same with every fad diet that comes around.
Rule #1 of successful dieting... moderate single portions, then excuse yourself and walk away.
Oatmeal and a protein bar.

same stuff every day.
Can of Monster and the Pizza from last night.