Old race models update

General Discussion
At Blizzcon 2010 the art team said the old races models (Orc, Human, Nightelf...etc.) would be getting a graphic update. Is this still being talked about or currently being work on? It's just that I look at the new races (Goblins, Worgen) and I think how much better the Orcs and Taurens would look, not to mention the humans. HAHA, the poor humans. <-- No offense Blizz.
Like you said, Blizzard has confirmed that they want to update all of the old race models at some point. It's probably a ways off, though--the next expansion at the earliest.
It's sort of a "Coming Soon" thing.
Thing is any update they do will cause even more crying then not updating it so they probably will do nothing more then up the polycount keeping the overall model nearly the same.
Thing is any update they do will cause even more crying then not updating it so they probably will do nothing more then up the polycount keeping the overall model nearly the same.

That's pretty much what's being asked for here, although I personally wouldn't say no to making Night Elf (and various Horde races') posture less retarded.
It's being worked on like the new dances.

Oh, wait...
Atm this is on the top of my list of "What I want to happen"

That's pretty much what's being asked for here, although I personally wouldn't say no to making Night Elf (and various Horde races') posture less retarded.

Yeah poor humans, HAHA! No seriously, no offense.
I remember way back in beta (vanilla) when humans actually had a more "normal" or better looking running animation, then they changed it. Not sure why. Now it just looks like that have a stick up their butt, hehe. Also the the way the stand...well, they just seem odd.
I wish there was more of an effort to distinguish melee from range. The melee characters are bulky and walk agressively. The range characters are toned and walk with finesse. I find it disturbing that my Priest looks like he can bench 300 lbs... with his Popeye forearms.

Could use updates on all models imo. Alot of the skins just look untextured. Oh and give female lingerie or at least something thats not just thrown on for the sake of covering up things. It seems underwear on most models was just made in 30 seconds flat.
If you zoom in on the Tauren hair texture you can totally tell the age of the race model.
male Nelf walking animation is terrible
male Nelf walking animation is terrible

Though their attack stance and animation is badass I must say, same with humans.
/agree. Most of the older races suffer when you zoom in at all next to the newer ones.

The fingers are square, the texturing is rough, and the options on many are horribly limited (troll females spring to mind...)

I like my troll and taurens... and hope to see them fixed up a bit while I'm still playing!
Allow me to post this image from a Google Image search.

http://img4.mmo.mmo4arab.com/photo/2010/03/03/battlecry_mobile_droid.jpg

Yes, this is the Battlecry picture from about a year back. See Thrall there? What do you notice? Oh, I dunno, HE'S TALLER THAN VARIAN? Yep, he is. Now, go in game. Is Thrall, or just orcs in general, taller than Varian or any other human? Nope, they all have severe cases of scoliosis that needs to be checked out immediately.

I can't tell you how awesome orcs would be if they actually remotely resembled Thrall in the Battlecry picture.
All they will be doing is giving vanilla races more polygons and high resolution textures. It would be awesome to see new animations though. But many of these things you see people complaining about are too subjective. I happen to like the night elf walking animation for instance.

I would kill to have my orc not hunched over, since he looks like a peon. When I walk backwards I look how I want to look, sadly. But I doubt they will be touching such things.

Just to imagine a dwarf or orc with the detail of a goblin though,... *swoons*
Individually modeled teeth, animated lips and eyebrows,.... *sniffle*

If some of you out there are unfamiliar with what all the graphics in this game are based on, this is the website of the artists responsible for the look of "warcraft".

The better the graphics get in this game, the more like these stylized paintings and sketches the game will look. The more cartoony the game will look, but it's an edgy cartoon style, with grit, ice, thunder, and blood. And storms. And fire. Grrrrrr. * cuts off peon's head *

http://www.sonsofthestorm.com/
Yeah, I'd like some extra polys at some point, thanks...I'm tired of people trying to stick mail in my head.
I've always wanted to have an option for Bloodelves to use the model their Silvermoon City guards use.

They look a lot more like the Blood Elves of Warcraft 3 to me, and I think it's a shame they're off limits. They stand straight and tall which is nice, but their hairstyle and face is also something I prefer.

Yet another thing I can consider will never, ever happen. But I do so wish.