<Royal Militia> is leaving BH. /wave

Bleeding Hollow
1 2 3 6 Next
Dear Bleeding Hollow,

After over 9 years on Bleeding Hollow, <Royal Militia> will be leaving the server tonight. After years as Bleeding Hollow's oldest guild, we are finally jumping off the sinking ship that is Bleeding Hollow-Alliance. We will be moving to Kel’Thuzad to continue preparation for WoD and the future.

Nostalgia Section
For many of us (including me) Bleeding Hollow will always be the place where we started playing, where we killed our first mob, first player and first raid boss. Where we went from greens to blue to epics for the first time… and again in every expansion. Where we were ganked for the first time and the second time and… well you get the idea. “RM doesn’t PVP” was our slogan for a reason.

Many of my favorite memories of this game are from Vanilla, when the game was new, fresh, and exciting. 40 man raids felt like a war and you felt like a solider. There were 5 people of each class in the same raid! And when you killed a boss, you and your 39 best friends got to celebrate victory. Of course managing those 39 other people was a nightmare, so I’m glad I don’t have to do that anymore, but there’s a little part of me that’s sad that all 8 groups never get filled up these days. Naxx40 has a special place in my heart as the pinnacle of 40 mans. We didn’t finish it, but it was fun getting to 11/15 or whatever we managed before TBC launched.

I’ll miss the Southshore vs Tarren Mill zergfest that was the beginnings of PvP. 40 man AV was probably my favorite experience of all my time playing WoW. Blades of Penance vs CU, Movac with Hand of Edward the Odd, battles that could last for days. It was epic organized PVP like nothing before or since. Good times. Kazzak and Azuregos, and the Green Dragons were probably the best world pvp that ever existed. Spawning at random times during the week was hugely annoying, but it was fun fighting over them.

Although the world has gotten progressively less novel as we've played the game, we've made lasting memories in every expansion on Bleeding Hollow, and it will be sad to leave.

Why are we leaving?
Ultimately though, the essence of Bleeding Hollow was the community. Every server has the same quests to complete, the same bosses to kill, and the same zones to explore. We loved Bleeding Hollow because of the friends on Alliance and the enemies on the Horde. And everyone who used to make this server a great place has left. The Bleeding Hollow of 2014 is not the same Bleeding Hollow of 2005. Or even 2010 or 2012. And our nostalgia for the past is for the community of the past, and that's why we are ultimately leaving. Because the community on Bleeding Hollow is not what it once was.

Essentially:
1. There’s no PvE-progressed Alliance left. The front page of wowprogress has 5 other alliance guilds, 3 of them are gone and at least one other is leaving. Finding recruits and fillers for our alt raids has become impossible.
2. Too many horde. We’re currently sitting at 4:1 Horde-Alliance ratio, getting worse by the day. With no flying mounts in 6.0, this will just be an extension of the current gank-fest that is the Timeless Isle. No thanks.
3. No one wants to transfer here. Really, this is probably the biggest reason we are leaving. We need to recruit 10+ new players for WoD, and none of them are willing to come to a PVP server where you’re drastically on the losing side.
4. We don't want to be horde. Gnomes ftw.

Final Thoughts
-To those few Alliance who remain, good luck. Especially to the recently returned <The Enclave>, give the horde hell. If you’re “old school” and looking for a home, RM on KT will take you.
-To <Resonate>, best of luck in WoD. Keep beating <Tempest> when we’re gone.
-To anyone looking for a guild, RM is recruiting all classes/specs for WoD! Put up an app if you think you’ve got what it takes.

Farewell, Bleeding Hollow!
-Mini and <Royal Militia>

P.S. I will be Minimerlinx on Kel'Thuzad, if anyone should want to get in touch with me for any reason.
Good luck :(
This actually made me sad reading it.
I remember way back when I started playing on BH sometime in early TBC as Alliance. I don't remember the name of the Warrior tank you guys had at the time, but I remember him and a few others coming to the rescue when we were just lowbies in STV getting destroyed by various gankers.

Sorry to see you guys go, but I understand your reasoning. Take care and GL to you guys in WoD.

Shorel'aran.
OH BOY!!!

COMING SOON to a Bleeding Hollow near you: KJ/Illidan level faction balance
03/10/2014 04:19 PMPosted by Yoloxoxoqt
"we are finally jumping off the sinking ship that is Bleeding Hollow"
yea true that brother

I was just thinking about transferring here for the mad wPvP. Was even thinking about mass faction change. Now I don't know anything.
03/10/2014 04:52 PMPosted by Vyspi
I was just thinking about transferring here for the mad wPvP. Was even thinking about mass faction change. Now I don't know anything.

From the PvPer's perspective, the game is still "fine" from what many seem to claim. It's definitely not the case for raiding. There's been times were there isn't even any consumable mats on the AH that are used for raiding.

Moreso, just like Mini said, we can't even fill out our alt raids anymore. We've only gotten by after core members have ended up gearing new alts to fill in.

I'll definitely miss this server and how things used to be. Unfortunately it'll never come back so it's time to move on for us.
The warrior was either Janor or Erekose

I loved RM for the seven years I was there and still miss it at times very much. Sad to see you all go and I wish you all the best of luck over. I will see you all around!
Hey take care. Hopefully we'll see you back here in the future!
03/10/2014 04:52 PMPosted by Vyspi
03/10/2014 04:19 PMPosted by Yoloxoxoqt
"we are finally jumping off the sinking ship that is Bleeding Hollow"
yea true that brother

If your goal is wPVP, BH-Alliance might be fine. Always a ton of horde to kill, as long as you're in a big group and can handle the 4:1 ratio. However, no one wants to transfer to a horde-dominated PVP server for raiding. So it's really gimping our style for raid recruitment :(
Goodbye and good luck to my dear friend's on the Alliance. Amidst all the headaches of this tier I will admit that the only thing that kept me going to finish was that friendly spirit of competition. Hope you find greener pastures on KT and definitely do enjoy them sexy looking racials in WoD.

Zug Zug the love of Jesus Christ.
Praise yasung
Good luck!

The old Bleeding Hollow will always be a good memory!
Dear Bleeding Hollow,

After over 9 years on Bleeding Hollow, <Royal Militia> will be leaving the server tonight. After years as Bleeding Hollow's oldest guild, we are finally jumping off the sinking ship that is Bleeding Hollow-Alliance. We will be moving to Kel’Thuzad to continue preparation for WoD and the future.

Nostalgia Section
For many of us (including me) Bleeding Hollow will always be the place where we started playing, where we killed our first mob, first player and first raid boss. Where we went from greens to blue to epics for the first time… and again in every expansion. Where we were ganked for the first time and the second time and… well you get the idea. “RM doesn’t PVP” was our slogan for a reason.

Many of my favorite memories of this game are from Vanilla, when the game was new, fresh, and exciting. 40 man raids felt like a war and you felt like a solider. There were 5 people of each class in the same raid! And when you killed a boss, you and your 39 best friends got to celebrate victory. Of course managing those 39 other people was a nightmare, so I’m glad I don’t have to do that anymore, but there’s a little part of me that’s sad that all 8 groups never get filled up these days. Naxx40 has a special place in my heart as the pinnacle of 40 mans. We didn’t finish it, but it was fun getting to 11/15 or whatever we managed before TBC launched.

I’ll miss the Southshore vs Tarren Mill zergfest that was the beginnings of PvP. 40 man AV was probably my favorite experience of all my time playing WoW. Blades of Penance vs CU, Movac with Hand of Edward the Odd, battles that could last for days. It was epic organized PVP like nothing before or since. Good times. Kazzak and Azuregos, and the Green Dragons were probably the best world pvp that ever existed. Spawning at random times during the week was hugely annoying, but it was fun fighting over them.

Although the world has gotten progressively less novel as we've played the game, we've made lasting memories in every expansion on Bleeding Hollow, and it will be sad to leave.

Why are we leaving?
Ultimately though, the essence of Bleeding Hollow was the community. Every server has the same quests to complete, the same bosses to kill, and the same zones to explore. We loved Bleeding Hollow because of the friends on Alliance and the enemies on the Horde. And everyone who used to make this server a great place has left. The Bleeding Hollow of 2014 is not the same Bleeding Hollow of 2005. Or even 2010 or 2012. And our nostalgia for the past is for the community of the past, and that's why we are ultimately leaving. Because the community on Bleeding Hollow is not what it once was.

Essentially:
1. There’s no PvE-progressed Alliance left. The front page of wowprogress has 5 other alliance guilds, 3 of them are gone and at least one other is leaving. Finding recruits and fillers for our alt raids has become impossible.
2. Too many horde. We’re currently sitting at 4:1 Horde-Alliance ratio, getting worse by the day. With no flying mounts in 6.0, this will just be an extension of the current gank-fest that is the Timeless Isle. No thanks.
3. No one wants to transfer here. Really, this is probably the biggest reason we are leaving. We need to recruit 10+ new players for WoD, and none of them are willing to come to a PVP server where you’re drastically on the losing side.

Final Thoughts
-To those few Alliance who remain, good luck. Especially to the recently returned <The Enclave>, give the horde hell. If you’re “old school” and looking for a home, RM on KT will take you.
-To <Resonate>, best of luck in WoD. Keep beating <Tempest> when we’re gone.
-To anyone looking for a guild, RM is recruiting all classes/specs for WoD! Put up an app if you think you’ve got what it takes.

Farewell, Bleeding Hollow!
-Mini and <Royal Militia>

P.S. I will be Minimerlinx on Kel'Thuzad, if anyone should want to get in touch with me for any reason.

I can truly say this is a serious blow to Bleeding Hollow.

Speaking as a former guild member I can honestly say you guys were a marvel on alliance side and a pleasure to play with.

Im glad I was able to join your guild and meet some great people and Ill always be thankful that you guys put up with me and Toppi's nonsense and jokes.

I wish you guys would stay since it just wont be the same anymore without seeing RM around anymore but I can completely sympathize with your reasons for wanting to leave. Ive noticed a decline just in the general attitudes of the pool of players and community this game has to offer. Its no one fault but our own, as we make the community ourselves.

I wish you guys the best and nothing but fun!

Farewell friends

Msinister.
/wave
Sorry to see another alliance guild leave.

Best of luck.
03/10/2014 03:50 PMPosted by Minimerlinx

Sadly, this is quite right.

8-(
I've been on BH for 7 years now and yes, this server used to be WAY better alliance-side.

I only hope that we'll get stronger when WoD launches...

If not, perhaps it will be time to go to another server...

8-(
03/10/2014 06:06 PMPosted by Skilless
I loved RM for the seven years I was there and still miss it at times very much.

There is still an Open invitation for a certain paladin >.>

I will miss all of you guys !