Boosted 90's and LFR's

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
I would like to touch on this for a moment. I ran 2 LFR's on 2 separate toons following Tuesday's resets. On all the bosses we wiped 2-3 times, took 1-2 hours to complete each one. Does Blizzard really expect us to put up with this for next 9 months?

I remember resets up till about Thursday or Friday were complete face rolls Down the boss in record times no more than 30-45 mins in each lfr. Are those days gone now with boosted 90's?
I pity the folks who are after the legendary cloak on their mains/alts because they won't get it done.
I would like to see some kind of restriction on boosted 90's being able to que for LFR's for at least 30 days. To learn their class and get better geared.

Now before you say the ilvl requirements to enter say SoO is 496 we all know everyone has been stock piling their timeless gear to throw on an alt. Crafted weapon and few other pieces and they can get in.

What are your thoughts?
LFR was just as bad if not worse when timeless isle came around.

Give it time.
really want to know?
03/12/2014 02:02 AMPosted by Chriarcy
I would like to see some kind of restriction on boosted 90's being able to que for LFR's for at least 30 days. To learn their class and get better geared.

What kind of gear do you expect them to have for LFR?

They come with ilvl 483 - the same gear level given by Heart of Fear and Terrace of the Endless Spring LFRs.

The highest they can get without ToT or SoO LFR gear is at best ilvl 500. I'm sorry, but I don't think it's fair to ask anyone to sit there and farm Timeless Isle exclusively as the only way to get better PvE gear... and just as normally leveled toons don't have to buy the crafted or Celestials ilvl 553 gear, neither should boosted characters.

The issue isn't gear. The issue is people going in without bothering to learn the class/spec they've chosen.
Does Blizzard really expect us to put up with this for next 9 months?

no, they dont actually expect you to do anything

I would like to see some kind of restriction on boosted 90's being able to que for LFR's for at least 30 days.

more restrictions /sigh

are u part of the american government?

I pity the folks who are after the legendary cloak on their mains/alts because they won't get it done.

you really shouldnt worry about other people
03/12/2014 02:06 AMPosted by Vertelise
The issue isn't gear. The issue is people going in without bothering to learn the class/spec they've chosen.

Yes that is part of the problem.

restriction on boosted 90's being able to que for LFR's for at least 30 days. To learn their class and get better geared.
This issue existed way before level 90 boosts came about.
03/12/2014 02:08 AMPosted by Jondus
are u part of the american government?

Little off topic?

03/12/2014 02:08 AMPosted by Jondus
you really shouldnt worry about other people

Oh really? When I am paying 15$ a month like everyone else and have to deal with this YES I am worried about other people
I took a boosted 90 into SoO LFR (timeless gear) and was 5th on dps meter overall. Most people were in SoO or ToT LFR gear. I'm not amazing I just put a liitle effort in. Boosted 90s isn't hurting LFR, the player is and always will hurt LFR.
03/12/2014 02:12 AMPosted by Chriarcy
Oh really? When I am paying 15$ a month like everyone else and have to deal with this YES I am worried about other people

no actually because you can build a group using your standards.

03/12/2014 02:10 AMPosted by Chriarcy

how when you said

we all know everyone has been stock piling their timeless gear to throw on an alt.
03/12/2014 02:10 AMPosted by Chriarcy

[quote]restriction on boosted 90's being able to que for LFR's for at least 30 days. To learn their class and get better geared.

And how do they learn their class better? Sitting on a training dummy for 30 days? 5 man heroics certainly can't do that. I ran through Heroic Shado Pan Monastery today.

My 'tank' was a ret pally with almost 800k hp, doing 200k+ dps and not taking any damage.

We also had a warlock with 1 million hp (seriously) doing 300k.

How was I supposed to learn this character from that?
03/12/2014 02:12 AMPosted by Chriarcy

Then join a guild.
03/12/2014 02:19 AMPosted by Vertelise
And how do they learn their class better?

Dailies? Old quests? I dunno there is ways.
03/12/2014 02:27 AMPosted by Chriarcy
03/12/2014 02:19 AMPosted by Vertelise
And how do they learn their class better?

Dailies? Old quests? I dunno there is ways.

None of those teach you how to play your class. Dailies? All the mobs, I can just sit there and spam wrath. I won't die, and I will kill them. Now if I do that in a raid, I'm going to do really poorly.

Old quests you just power through, by sheer virtue of your upgraded stats.

People do need to learn to play the classes they boost - There should have been a far more dynamic tutorial, tailored to the way each spec plays. But there wasn't.
03/12/2014 02:26 AMPosted by Osidius
Then join a guild.

What does that have to do with anything??

I run a leveling guild trust me I know how to help people learn their class. Dragging them through LFR's is NOT one of them. I take them out 1 on 1 and help teach them.
03/12/2014 02:29 AMPosted by Vertelise
I can just sit there and spam wrath. I won't die

Uh huh
03/12/2014 02:29 AMPosted by Vertelise
People do need to learn to play the classes they boost - There should have been a far more dynamic tutorial, tailored to the way each spec plays. But there wasn't.

MAYBE why I said give them 30 days to learn their class? Hmmmm
Recently ran a ToT with maybe half the DPS as fresh 90s. A couple of them did really decently, and there was this one rogue that was doing more damage on bosses than some players that had 20-30 ilvl on him.

The good players are going to continue being good while the bad players continue to be bad and the world of warcraft will keep on turning.