No Flying in WOD, terrible

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 126 Next
03/13/2014 09:27 AMPosted by Leladin
03/13/2014 09:12 AMPosted by Marilly
TBC - Flight right when you hit level cap (68 for druids)

You clearly didn't play TBC if you are inferring you got flight right when you hit the level cap. It took about ten times longer to farm up the gold to get your epic flying (back when normal flying was 60% speed) than it did to level from 60-70. Hell, some people didn't get epic flying until after SWP was released. I remember how nearly riotous the community was when they found out how many thousands of gold it was to train your epic flight skill back then: it's something that if they had introduced for the first time now I am convinced none of the whiners would be able to stop from foaming at the mouth over considering how poorly they take even the slightest changes these days.

How long it took to acquire the gold is unimportant. The point is that it was available from launch the moment you hit level 70.
03/13/2014 09:29 AMPosted by Leladin
Most of the team who went on to Titan is back on WoW since they completely scrapped the project and decided not to make it an MMO.

Isn't this the same team that everyone says is the best team, if I am remembering correctly what people have said?
Having played since launch, and having spent my first few years in this game not being able to fly or even considering such an option, I can't begin to fathom the level of butthurt that so many people seem to be feeling over the loss of flying at the launch of WoD. It makes no sense to me.

Flying, to me, is a novelty and nothing more. I certainly don't consider it a necessity to play the game. In fact, I'm kind of happy I get to use my Choppa a little bit more, now. =D Almost felt like the effort to get it was wasted for a while there. lol
You clearly didn't play TBC

Clearly I did.

It took about ten times longer to farm up the gold to get your epic flying (back when normal flying was 60% speed) than it did to level from 60-70

The 1k for normal flight was fairly easy. Epic flight came after a few weeks of mining and the throne of elements grinding off-peak. Maybe it is you that did not play TBC...or just did not know how to make gold.

When my 2nd toon hit 70 in TBC, I had the gold the next day.
03/13/2014 09:30 AMPosted by Tarashan
How long it took to acquire the gold is unimportant. The point is that it was available from launch the moment you hit level 70.

So you're telling me if the devs came and said "We will be making flight available from the start of WoD, but it will cost 1 million gold", that everyone would be happy because they'd "be able" to get flying as soon as they hit the level cap?

03/13/2014 09:33 AMPosted by Solaru
Clearly I did.

I never said you didn't?

The 1k for normal flight was fairly easy. Epic flight came after a few weeks of mining and the throne of elements grinding off-peak.

That's ridiculous. Nobody actually cared about getting normal flying beyond the gimmick "lol look I can fly now" thing. People who had normal flying still used flight points because they were twice as fast at least. The only people who got epic flight "after a few weeks" were the people who lived on the game: the general populace took months and months to save up the thousands of gold for epic flying.

Maybe it is you that did not play TBC

You can tell from my profile and achievements I never played BC and that I surely know nothing of the expansion at all. Especially compared to you. Thank you for your unnecessarily combative posts oh BC Master at last I truly see you are my greatest ally.
03/13/2014 09:37 AMPosted by Drec
It a forced time sink nothing more...Without "No Flying" in WoD players will be done with the Xpac in weeks, no flying will ensure a time wall to slow players down and keep a couple months extra sub fees...

Really look at what this XPac is bringing, re-skinned Outlands and 10 levels...THATS IT!

I don't get this. Isn't WoD supposed to be the big 10 year WoW/20 year Warcraft anniversary? Why doesn't the expansion have...things? What are they even going to put on the box?

LEVEL FROM 90 TO 100!
GARRISONS!
MORE DUNGEONS AND RAIDS!

hmm

GARRISONS!
03/13/2014 09:26 AMPosted by Rìghteous
03/13/2014 08:37 AMPosted by Durkarrgghh
One of the interesting things about small group dynamics is how really terrible ideas gain traction and come to fruition.

The "terrible idea" is dependent upon the viewpoint taken.

The very same method of small group dynamics is how the United States was able to form as an independent nation away from England, and then virtually destroy the Native American culture and habitat while expanding on the idea.
From the English and Native American viewpoint, it sucked. From the viewpoint of the new Americans, it was a successful endeavor and brought into being one of the greatest nations in the history of mankind. Fast forward to the present day where you are able to offer your opinion freely about a video game you enjoy using technology developed by a US company.
This is a terrible analogy. The deceleration of independence was a document constructed by elected representatives from the 13 colonies. No flying is small group dynamics at its worst.
03/13/2014 09:30 AMPosted by Kaeilthas
Isn't this the same team that everyone says is the best team, if I am remembering correctly what people have said?

Yes
Am I the only one that doesn't really care about this?

Waiting 3 months after release does suck, but I'm not going to make a thread about it.
03/13/2014 09:41 AMPosted by Morning
I don't get this. Isn't WoD supposed to be the big 10 year WoW/20 year Warcraft anniversary? Why doesn't the expansion have...things? What are they even going to put on the box?

LEVEL FROM 90 TO 100!
GARRISONS!
MORE DUNGEONS AND RAIDS!

hmm

GARRISONS!

Why does the new continent not count as a thing?
Why do the revamped inventory system, healing, 'stat squish', updated character models, Mythic raiding, improved Flex/raid finder system, a reintroduction of 'endless' battlegrounds, shift away from 'CC and Interrupt' style PvP game play, and a slew of quality of life features not count as things?

Are they really not things or are just things you don't like?

And saying that Draenor is just a reskinned outland is like saying Pandaria is just a reskinned Northrend.
03/13/2014 09:49 AMPosted by Nalak

Waiting 3 months after release does suck, but I'm not going to make a thread about it.

It's going to be extremely frustrating for gatherers, farmers, and crafters which will also make it more frustrating for everyone in the entire game. Everything is going to be more expensive because everything will be more annoying to farm. When we've gotten used to a convenience taking it away is going to be met with a lot of hate.

It's like removing queuing for LFR/LFD, teleporting to dungeons/raids, and getting rid of connecting flight paths.

03/13/2014 09:51 AMPosted by Nickiminhoj
Ever since cata everyone has been so entitled to flying at release.

Can you really not last for one patch? Seriously?

Entitled brats.

We've had flying at release since flying was introduced. We've never had a time where we couldn't fly when we hit the level cap so long as we had the gold.

Ignorant brat.
03/13/2014 09:40 AMPosted by Leladin
That's ridiculous. Nobody actually cared about getting normal flying beyond the gimmick "lol look I can fly now" thing.

Throne of Elements?
Skettis?
Doom Lord Kazzak?
The TK 5 mans and Eye?
Later...the SSO dailies in Outland?
Did I mention the best farming spot the Throne of Elements?

You can tell from my profile and achievements I never played BC, especially not at any decent level or anything. Especially compared to yours. Thank you for your unnecessarily combative posts oh BC Master at last I truly see.
Actually I can't tell. I try not to "armory troll" people. There were actually many reasons. Even the most casual people would get at least normal so they could do the TK 5 mans.

Can you really not last for one patch?

You know it might be more than one patch now?
03/13/2014 08:39 AMPosted by Somaliu
There is no difference than any other past expansions.

Clearly you have not been paying attention.

In fact, it has NEVER been like this in ANY expansion.
03/13/2014 09:49 AMPosted by Nalak

No. Most of the people I know could care less that flying in the WoD zones is going to be delayed for a couple of months after launch. People seems to be fine and have fun with Isle of Thunder so I don't get the QQ. It seems like whining to whine.
03/13/2014 08:39 AMPosted by Somaliu
It's only in the new areas. There is no difference than any other past expansions.
You cannot fly at the beginning of expansions (cata being the one exception).
I'm sure we will all live.

This is pretty true. You couldn't get flying in Outland until you reached maximum level and bought the skill. Wrath of the Lich King you couldn't fly right away either. The same recently for Mists of Pandaria in which until you reached the maximum level to get the ability to do so. This is not new for an expansion to not allow flying immediately upon entering into a new expansion.

That said, the developers are also aware of the concerns that people may have about how easy or difficult it will be to get around to the various locations. They have said before that they want to still provide convenient ways for people to still travel without minimizing the impact on exploration within the zones. As always, we welcome constructive feedback and discussion provided it's kept constructive. We'll also continue to keep an eye on things not only within beta (when that occurs) but also when we go live to see just how people truly end up playing and interacting.
Ever since cata everyone has been so entitled to flying at release.

Can you really not last for one patch? Seriously?

Entitled brats.

Clearly you have no idea what's going on...