No Flying in WOD, terrible

General Discussion
Prev 1 32 33 34 126 Next
03/13/2014 01:33 PMPosted by Vinxnotha
03/13/2014 01:33 PMPosted by Killgraft
You can use them on the ground.

They were sold as flying mounts.

If you want to get technical, the store doesnt advertise them all as "flying mounts". In the description on some it says they can fly, and you can still go fly in one of the many zones that allow flying.
03/13/2014 01:35 PMPosted by Zulkari
But you can use them on the ground. So you still can use them.

I ask again: how does other people being able to fly impact your game experience?
What people don't seem to understand (or don't want to admit) is that Blizzard is disabling flying for a very specific reason.

They can spend way less time and resources developing zones where people can't fly.

The zones will very likely not be "finished" for flying until 6.1 or possibly, as Blizzard likely hopes, never.

It is the only possible reason they want to do this. None of the other stated reasons make the tiniest amount of sense and you don't make game changing decisions that piss off loads of current customers like this for philisophical reasons.

You do it if you don't want to spend the money then hope the PR holds up.
If you want to get technical, the store doesnt advertise them as "flying mounts"

And you can still go fly in one of the many zones that allow flying.

Just like you can use a ground mount instead, and let other people optimize their time if they want?

This argument is as piss poor as the "LFR is required for raiding" garbage.
It amuses me that Blizzard can go ahead with the no flying thing and people will still play because we're so addicted to the game.
I just wish Blizz could be a bit more clear.

I use flight to finish quest chains that I can't manage the required navigation for on the ground. ( Before flight in Van/BC, I abandoned most chains, and flat skipped many, falling back to farming 159,243 forest boars and mana fish. )

But..
The following statements have been made by Blizz:

Flight is disabled in WoD content on release till first patch.

Access to dungeons required to gear for raids is/may be gated behind quests.

Quests I have a reasonable chance of being unable to complete.

Thus, both of my Gav's stand a reasonable chance of being unable to gear for raid, and thus, unable to play WoD.

I do not want to buy a game I can not play.

I would love to pre-order. A free 90 alch/bs would be a great support toon for my new hordeling. (Dragonblight/Fenris horde economy is very thin and unreliable) Also, gives the downloader plenty of time when the xpac gets closer, and I don't even have to think about the purchase/install/setup process on opening day. But what's the point? I don't particularly enjoy the leveling process, I play to heal raids and (to a lesser extent) dungeons, from silly LFRs to current normal modes. (heroic is much too intense for me).

To be clear, I DO NOT CARE if I have to kill 5,000 mobs to get to the quest givers or get the drop for the quest. I care that I can not GET TO either the mobs in question or the quest giver themselves. I'd love a little reassurance that pathing to progression blocking attunements will not involve odd hill climbing, secret paths, etc.

Or heck, assure me that there will be there so I can relax and find another game.
If you do not like flying in WoD then be a smart customer and do not buy WoD, and cancel your sub as well to incentivize Blizzard to make changes that you approve of.
03/13/2014 01:36 PMPosted by Dawnstríke
I ask again: how does other people being able to fly impact your game experience?

Why are you moving goalposts so much?

03/13/2014 01:38 PMPosted by Daiyu
It amuses me that Blizzard can go ahead with the no flying thing and people will still play because we're so addicted to the game.

Maybe they'll still play because most people don't really give a crap about whether they can fly or not or it is otherwise not a major impact to them at all?
What people don't seem to understand (or don't want to admit) is that Blizzard is disabling flying for a very specific reason.

They can spend way less time and resources developing zones where people can't fly.

The zones will very likely not be "finished" for flying until 6.1 or possibly, as Blizzard likely hopes, never.

It is the only possible reason they want to do this. None of the other stated reasons make the tiniest amount of sense and you don't make game changing decisions that piss off loads of current customers like this for philisophical reasons.

You do it if you don't want to spend the money then hope the PR holds up.

No.
03/13/2014 01:36 PMPosted by Machineman
You could easily make the PvP argument there.

Which is easily countered by the fact that World PvP was equally as gank-filled as before flying emerged.

Or, here's an idea. Disable flying on PvP servers and see how long they last.
Pro flying argument: If you don't like it don't do it
Anti flying argument: I don't like flying so no one should be able to do it

I could never understand that anti mentality it's the same with so many other things in life. If you don't agree with it just don't do it. It's not right to take away people choice just because you don't agree with it. I would be willing to bet all of these people saying flying is such a bad thing use it.
03/13/2014 01:37 PMPosted by Dawnstríke
If you want to get technical, the store doesnt advertise them as "flying mounts"

Just like you can use a ground mount instead, and let other people optimize their time if they want?

I'm sure I can. But this is a question of game balance and where the developers are pushing the game to where they want it to be, not making sure you get your virtual points in the most efficient way possible.

Both arguments have valid points on either side, but to say "if you don't like flying than don't fly" is pedestrian at best and doesnt nearly reflect the legitimate opinions of people you are opposed to.
03/13/2014 01:37 PMPosted by Ravenskar

Makes me feel like they're lazy
03/13/2014 01:37 PMPosted by Dawnstríke

This. It doesn't hurt anyone else if I fly.
03/13/2014 01:38 PMPosted by Innardsdecay
Pro flying argument: If you don't like it don't do it
Anti flying argument: I don't like flying so no one should be able to do it

Pro-flying argument: I want the world to feel big and immersive again.
Anti-flying argument: I don't like playing the game I want to skip all the content and have instant gratification.

Wow simplifying arguments in a dismissive way is sure fun I'm glad you're here :)