Leveling a Pally

Paladin
OK guys I have a pally currently at 72. Just started playing him again never leveled one before. He is currently spec'd RET and it seems like he is getting crushed at that level. I have heard that maybe I should spec PROT and doing LFR and then do quests at the same time doing mostly AOE damage. What Im looking for is some guidance. What I want is what is going to be the best spec to get me to 80 the fastest. IF you could link a talent tree that would be perfect. I just came back to the game from over a year off and catching up has been difficult so any help is much appreciated. Thank you.
Any spec can be viable for leveling. If you want to tank, spec prot. If you want to dps, go ret, heal -> holy. Just depends on what you like.

That said, if you are having issues with the role you'd like to play, post on your pally and explain what the problem is and we'll try to help.
Here is my current pally he is spec'd RET. Problems I have is 1 pretty low DPS. Around 700-900. I hear the fastest way to level is to do the looking for group thing. It takes me on average 20+ minutes to get a group... I literally just came back to wow a week ago from a year off so everything is different. If you can give me some tips. I really would appreciate it.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Suramar&cn=Lebox .

Edit : To give you an idea of what I do for fighting I usually just do consecrate and then do crusader strike to build up holy power and do Judgement for dps. Then when I get pros for Exorcism I hit that. Once I have 3 holy power I do Templars Verdict. Hammer of wrath when it procs as well. Thats pretty much it. I find that I am dying a lot more now that im in northrend then I ever did as in previous areas.
I'm protection, it's a blast.

Since you are in northrend though, might I suggest going holy and boosting exorcism (since it now is a viable nuke)? Guaranteed crit on undead, and there are loads of them on that continent.

I'm thinking about using that as my offspec to see how it goes when I ding 70. I know casting exorcism right now in protection spec (in outlands), two casts decimates most things here that are demons.

Protection does offer viable group killing though, just round up 8+ mobs and HoTR+AS, fast xp.
How did you get to level 71 without having an idea of what to do with your class?

I'd imagine getting to 71 without having an idea is slightly easier than getting to 80 and pugging into a raid and having no idea what to do with your class.

The way prot is right now you can quest just as fast as ret, ret can aoe grind almost as well as prot, but you'll be able to get instances much faster as a tank.
Your right about getting to 71 that way. I leveled him to 60 like a year and half ago during that double xp friend thing. Then I stopped playing for a year and just started up again. Cayse you have any great guides on tanking at 70ish. I am kinda new. I have tried to find leveling sites but they all have old information or want to sell you the zynga guide
If you are going to be ret take the point out of eye for an eye.

What rotation are you using? Make sure you hit CS everytime its up, fill in cooldown with judgement and exorcism if you have art of war proc up. Lastly only use Templar Verdict if you have a full holy power bar, even if it means saving the bar for the next mob.

Questing is your fastest way to level up, mix in some dungeons if you get bored.

Only gear problem i see is you have a healers belt.

What rotation are you using? Make sure you hit CS everytime its up, fill in cooldown with judgement and exorcism if you have art of war proc up. Lastly only use Templar Verdict if you have a full holy power bar, even if it means saving the bar for the next mob.

Questing is your fastest way to level up, mix in some dungeons if you get bored.

Where should I put the point then? Also what Glyphs should I use? My rotation is basically is hitting CS every time its up. I fill in CD w/ Judgement and Exorcisism when AOW proc is up. I only use TV when I have 3 holy power bars. Thats pretty much all I do. For buffs I have Kings, Devotion Aura, and Seal of truth....

Where should I put the point then? Also what Glyphs should I use? My rotation is basically is hitting CS every time its up. I fill in CD w/ Judgement and Exorcisism when AOW proc is up. I only use TV when I have 3 holy power bars. Thats pretty much all I do. For buffs I have Kings, Devotion Aura, and Seal of truth....
I'm leveling an alliance paladin at the moment as well. I leveled as holy up to about 55ish and then specced prot, and made my offspec ret. I went ret as soon as I hit northrend and I found it much slower and much more tedious to kill things as ret than I did as prot. I found I was using most of my holy power to heal myself, and even when I did get to actually use TV, it was far from impressive. The increased judgement range and speed boost when using it, was the only enjoyable aspect of playing as retribution, at least for me.

Go prot or holy, and you'll likely have a lot more fun.

Got any tips on rotation, talents, glyphs ect....
this is my second Pally that ive leveled as ret. I am not exactly sure why you are having such a hard time DPS'ing, I was always top DPS in my randoms even into H's, and usually had Tanks who couldnt hold agro against me on bosses until i finally got into Randoms with geared tanks, so something is definately not right if your not pulling much dps and ive played every spec of Pally there is.. Tanking is fun, but i never did enjoy it as a lvling spec, and as for holy lvling ive heard its better lol but Ret is fast if done correctly..

There is an addon for Ret pallys to help you with your Rotation, its called Retribution FCFS Helper (clcret)
The one small problem with it is, that it doesnt show you when to use DS instead of CS, which you should know by now anyways in group situations you use DS, which doesnt always proc a holy power. So use DS when in groups instead of CS when it shows CS when youve got a group your dpsing down. But it might help you with your dps and rotation.