WoD - Is there CONFIRMED no flying-and more

General Discussion
03/16/2014 10:50 AMPosted by Granis
Not just a developer, but the LEAD developer. His word is law when it comes to this expansion.

No he is not. The lead developer is Cory Stockton. Look at his Twitter ( https://twitter.com/mumper ) he is the "Lead Game Designer on World of Warcraft at Blizzard Entertainment". That was Tom Chiltion's job till he took over as game director around the time pf Blizzcon.
03/16/2014 09:26 AMPosted by Fluke
The personal opinion of one Blizzard employee means nothing and doesn't constitute an accurate reflection of what will or won't happen in regards to flying mounts.

The problem here is WHO he is. His personal opinion holds a LOT of weight. It'd be like Metzen wanting Thrall to supposedly support a 'fro. Would be the silliest thing on God's Green Earth in my opinion, but Metzen isn't small fry in the company. Position does hold Weight when it comes to decisions.

Hopefully they'll be SMART and do what they ORIGINALLY said they planned to do.

IE

"No flying until 6.1"
"Quest to attain flying, requires max level to start"
"lather, rinse, repeat on toons as they hit 100"
"some new zones added in 6.1 may be no fly"

So long as "some new zones" doesnt end up being like 8 zones out of a total 20 over the expansion, that's fine.

That topic erupted early on, there was madness on the forums, then it died out. Then he had to go and muddy the waters and imply that they would "see how it plays out" which implies that maybe, just maybe, we'll be totally screwed and have ZERO flying in Draenor.

Hopefully it was just poor wording on his part, but "see how it plays out" kind of implies that they ARE considering making ALL of Draenor a NO FLY zone.
Atleast if they are taken the flying out of the game and give us our gold back for all the riding training and the mounts vials of sands was 30k when I bought it 20k for the golem and they just gonna take these out I can deal with riding ground mounts I am more mad about the gold I put in they are just going to take I have like 30+ toons level 80 or above and all them have epic 280 speed or 310 speed which we know each go between 5 and 9 k its bs if they just take them for me it will be enough for me to give up the game altogether maybe that's a good thing just saying
05/09/2014 09:59 AMPosted by Galadrie
Atleast if they are taken the flying out of the game and give us our gold back for all the riding training and the mounts vials of sands was 30k when I bought it 20k for the golem and they just gonna take these out I can deal with riding ground mounts I am more mad about the gold I put in they are just going to take I have like 30+ toons level 80 or above and all them have epic 280 speed or 310 speed which we know each go between 5 and 9 k its bs if they just take them for me it will be enough for me to give up the game altogether maybe that's a good thing just saying

omg as if there weren't enough no flying post you went and necroed one :(
Excuse me- this is from the Blizzplanet interview with Kris Zierhut and Steve Burke at Pax East

"Now (19:10 – 19:14 ###) there are various objectives to go and fetch resources to help you fight, where you are going to get more resources if you fight near the enemy fort, near the enemy side, if you are trying to collect that to help your side, if somebody kills you, they can take your stuff and use it to (19:29 ###); and that kind of stuff. So it’s a really exploration free-form PvP area that fit that World of Warcraft PvP’ness and the exploration expectations you might have.

As part of all this exploration gameplay, we are not gonna let you fly in Warlords of Draenor. Probably people has heard about that. I know one concern people has about not being able to fly is that “I have amazing epic flying mounts (from Mists of Pandaria), and none of them are allowed to be used in Draenor. They are no-flying zone only.”
We are removing the restrictions on them. Any useable flying mount will be useable on the ground and work out."

Please note that Zierhut specifically says ' We are not gonna let you fly in Warlords of Draenor. I think that ought to be specific enough. If not, here is the link -

http://warcraft.blizzplanet.com/blog/comments/pax-east-2014-warlords-of-draenor-blizzplanet-interviews-kris-zierhut-steve-burke
Hey everyone. There's more than enough active threads on this particular topic. Please mind a post's age before replying to it.

Thanks!