Siege of Orgrimmar: Cross-realm Raids Enabled

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Prev 1 3 4 5 19 Next
Any chance these modes could be made flex soon too? Might be too much to ask with your available technology, but that's what I would have thought about this too.
Thanks for positing this after I wasted over a hundred dollars transferring toons. Greedy scumbags.
03/18/2014 12:47 PMPosted by Rygarius
We’ve recently implemented an often requested feature to enable cross-realm raiding for Siege of Orgrimmar. Cross-realm BattleTag™ and Real ID friends can now raid together and take the fight to Garrosh on Normal or Heroic difficulty. Players will be able to earn greater rewards such as Reins of the Kor'kron War Wolf or the title of Conqueror/Liberator of Orgrimmar; both of which aren’t available to be earned within Flexible or Raid Finder difficulty.

This change is currently live.

Are the Cutting Edge achievements for Heroic Garrosh still obtainable with this change?
03/18/2014 01:27 PMPosted by Bufera
Thanks for positing this after I wasted over a hundred dollars transferring toons. Greedy scumbags.

Yes calling them greedy scumbags... is not very constructive.
Truly great news. I was ready to hang up my /flex shoes tonight and then I read this!

Thanks Blizz!
Lock outs are the same people, nothing changed exept for being able to crossrealm it lol....

Probably @ bravoman
03/18/2014 01:28 PMPosted by Bravoman
Are the Cutting Edge achievements for Heroic Garrosh still obtainable with this change?

The "Ahead of the Curve" achievements are still obtainable with this change, which is what awards the Reins of the Kor'kron War Wolf.
03/18/2014 01:25 PMPosted by Daeren
03/18/2014 01:19 PMPosted by Neró
I am sorry, but this should be normal only. It will be nice for alts or some other normal guilds that could use help, however for us heroic guilds this is bad. It ruins recruiting, completely ruins. There is no reason to transfer and it will make it more difficult for 10M guilds to fill up for mythic early.

Please reconsider the heroic change.

You complain that it's bad for you and that it ruins recruiting, but you never give even a hint as to why, except the bit about no reason to transfer servers anymore. However, how many good players do you think there are on other servers who just plain don't want to fork over any more money for a server transfer, but would fit perfectly into a guild on a different realm? Also, you don't have to recruit anyone from another server if you don't want to.

This change will help people progressing through SoO, especially on low pop realms that can't always fill a spot when a raid member has to take a day off. If you want to make an argument for them to undo this change, at least provide some logical reasoning as to why its going to ruin your life instead of just stating that it will.

For a 13/14H guild that progresses on Garrosh and has no time to gear up said new recruits, this is a terrible thing.

It's great for recruitment when you're midway through progression because you have some farm bosses, and its great for 14/14H because the entire instance is on farm. But for guilds extending lockouts on the final 3 bosses, this is just making them targets for poaching, because chances are guilds extending on bosses aren't recruiting because it would cause strategy changes and !@#$ up team chemistry.
Not a huge fan of Xrealm heroics. Hopefully this doesn't affect servers still competing for realm first Garrosh. Glad to see normal implementation though.

The "Ahead of the Curve" achievements are still obtainable with this change, which is what awards the Reins of the Kor'kron War Wolf.

Sorry but that wasn't my question. Are the Cutting Edge: Heroic Garrosh 10/25 achievements removed with this new feature or no?

How about the Cutting Edge achiev?
03/18/2014 01:31 PMPosted by Yiff
But for guilds extending lockouts on the final 3 bosses, this is just making them targets for poaching, because chances are guilds extending on bosses aren't recruiting because it would cause strategy changes and !@#$ up team chemistry.

This this this.

"Oh x-realm... well I guess I can just go to my buddies full clear and screw over everyone else"
What's most disappointing is the total uncertainty that each furtherance of the x-realm functionality you implement brings. Is SoO current content or not? I'm quite certain that x-realm applicability to current content was never going to be implemented. Can I really trust that, "current-tier Mythic raiding in Warlords will still be limited to players from a single server" when you're changing the rules for "current-tier" raiding right now? I don't really care what changes you make, I'll adapt to them. But you're really not giving any confidence to your player base as to which direction the game will take next.
Can they fix the fact that the blizzard Raid UI still thinks SoO normal and heroic are Realm only when Looking for raids / finding more?
With that logic, if you're not 14/14H ie, the top .2% your guild deserves to get its members taken away?
03/18/2014 01:33 PMPosted by Bravoman
Sorry but that wasn't my question. Are the Cutting Edge: Heroic Garrosh 10/25 achievements removed with this new feature or no?

You'll still be able to obtain the Cutting Edge achievements associated with defeating Garrosh on Heroic difficulty. There have been no changes made aside from allowing players to form cross-realm raid groups for Normal or Heroic Siege of Orgrimmar.
03/18/2014 01:39 PMPosted by Gilnahe
Is SoO current content or not?

We're just over 6 months from patch launch so my suspicion is SoO is no longer considered current content.