I support the No Flying Mounts in WoD.

General Discussion
1 2 3 8 Next
It would perhaps, I say perhaps, awake the brains of every kids, lazy players of WoW.

It would bring back (possibly) the old world pvp system.

It would raise the cost and value of EVERY farming mats, because of their rarity (no flying mounts = harder to get, takes more time to farm a stack).

Yep, stick with the idea Blizzard, I support that at 100%.
On a PvP server it might have an affect, on a PvE server its not going to change a thing. Frankly I'm taking my Rogue to max level first for this very reason, I can still skip most everything.
It would perhaps, I say perhaps, awake the brains of every kids, lazy players of WoW.

Going AFK on flight paths is the pinnacle of brain function

It would raise the cost and value of EVERY farming mats, because of their rarity (no flying mounts = harder to get, takes more time to farm a stack).

Not when garrisons have bots to farm stuff for you and profession bots to make stuff for you.
You still have to REMEMBER which FP to take in order to reach a specific locations... You still have to ''learn'' the right paths to reach lets say, a hidden area where there is no FP... and dont think for a min that those workers at your Garrison will bring you TONS of mats lol. Its gonna work the same as your dungeon and raid party. There will be only a CHANCE to get something back, its not 100% granted.

Blizzard have a chance right there to bring back how WoW should have been years ago. Please, support this idea.
03/14/2014 01:43 AMPosted by Parruna

Blizzard have a chance right there to bring back how WoW should have been years ago. Please, support this idea.

Pointlessly tedious?
03/14/2014 01:34 AMPosted by Parruna

What is this idiotic fixation with world pvp? It's in every one of these threads.

I was happy as heck to get a flying mount with TBC and that stance really hasn't changed since.

Said system can go die in a fire on a PVE server.

I count 64 flying mounts and well well, ALL the store mounts, the Cloud Serpents, the netherdrakes...man that is SOME collection you have there, Oh wait, you want yourself to be able to fly and gank everyone else.
03/14/2014 02:17 AMPosted by Aehl

I count 64 flying mounts and well well, ALL the store mounts, the Cloud Serpents, the netherdrakes...man that is SOME collection you have there, Oh wait, you want yourself to be able to fly and gank everyone else.

It's funny how many of the anti-flying people tend to have a rather large selection of flying mounts, isn't it?
03/14/2014 02:21 AMPosted by Stugrad
03/14/2014 02:17 AMPosted by Aehl

It's funny how many of the anti-flying people tend to have a rather large selection of flying mounts, isn't it?

And when asked why they use them and just don't ride around on ground mounts if they like them so well, 90% that I've seen have basically said they need to be saved from themselves

/rollseyes

...the word you are looking for is "hypocrite" :-D
This really didn't need another thread.
And I don't support the "fixing" of things which aren't broken.
no flying at all would be awesome
It would raise the cost and value of EVERY farming mats, because of their rarity (no flying mounts = harder to get, takes more time to farm a stack)..

You mean more players would resort to using bots and hacks because it's going to be too inconvenient to travel from node to node via land mount.

It's the bots and hacks that are already keeping the prices low on most servers because they can farm much faster than players can with flight. With more players turning to them, prices probably aren't going to change significantly from the pattern we've seen in previous expansion - extremely high at the start when everyone is leveling up their profession then gradually settling down once that rush is over.

and dont think for a min that those workers at your Garrison will bring you TONS of mats lol.

We don't know enough about how Garrisons are going to work yet. Blizzard may not even know when it comes to the NPC functions. They are going to need data from beta testing to see how things are actually working out.

Sorry, I don't support no flight. Flying makes the game far more fun for me. I might not have played in Vanilla but I did play in BC and we used to have some fantastic battles going on at Halaa and Hellfire Citadel, even though some players had flight and some didn't.

I think the real death of world PvP is that most players simply aren't interested in something that offers little in the way of substantial rewards for player progression, along with severe faction imbalance on most PvP servers. Flying might have played a small part in it but nowhere as big as the no flight crowd makes it sound.

No flight at level cap in the relevant content zones is likely to cause a large percentage of players to start abandoning the PvP servers as it will be that much harder to get anything done.

It's one of those times when both Blizzard and the player community will need to wait to see how things play out.
You can always just use ground mounts,you're not forced to use flying mounts

There is always PvP hotspots.ground or flying mounts,will not change that.