I support the No Flying Mounts in WoD.

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 8 Next
no its not...obviously you just don't get it...so i won't waste my breath..you only saw this thread as an opportunity to troll imo.

I do get it.

A guy says he is in support of no flying...and is in possession of a great number of the mounts he doesnt want others to have...." practise what thou preachest" comes to mind.
I honestly don't care what you support and what you don't. I just came here to say that you came off as a bit pompous in your post and you should probably do something about that.
03/14/2014 01:34 AMPosted by Parruna
It would bring back (possibly) the old world pvp system.
Nope. The people interested in wPvP already participate in wPvP whenever they can. Won't change a thing.
And that, my friend, is the true intent here. To slow you down.

Bullseye.
I agree with this thread. Flying mounts ruined this game imo.

As much as I like the flying mounts I have collected, I would trade them all away in an instant to get rid of flying EVERYWHERE.

Flightpaths exist to get you places faster, all flying mounts accomplish is making gathering faster (which Garrisons will do anyway), and make the world miniature.
I honestly don't care what you support and what you don't. I just came here to say that you came off as a bit pompous in your post and you should probably do something about that.

I could be more blunt, certainly. But there is the Code of Conduct to consider.
As much as I like the flying mounts I have collected, I would trade them all away in an instant to get rid of flying EVERYWHERE.

..and trigger a mass exodus that would beggar the mind. You'd lose at least 1 million subs....maybe more. If you think some servers are ghost towns now......sit down and think for a moment about the repercussions...the sheer impact...of that statement.

Go on.I'll wait.
03/14/2014 02:05 AMPosted by Sunac
What is this idiotic fixation with world pvp? It's in every one of these threads.

People who find that their only source of enjoyment in WOW comes from killing other players. Having been guilded with some of these in the past, I can tell you that they're boring and unimaginative losers who tend to blather on endlessly in Gchat about some guy they corpse/camped and pwned all day.
03/14/2014 01:43 AMPosted by Parruna
Blizzard have a chance right there to bring back how WoW should have been years ago. Please, support this idea.

Why should I support lazy design that won't do anything to benefit us in the short or long term?

03/14/2014 04:56 AMPosted by Vantael

Why? What possible benefit do you see in a world where everyone is ground bound with no benefit for us in the trade off?
03/14/2014 04:59 AMPosted by Aehl

..and trigger a mass exodus that would beggar the mind. You'd lose at least 1 million subs....maybe more. If you think some servers are ghost towns now......sit down and think for a moment about the repercussions...the sheer impact...of that statement.

Go on.I'll wait.

Except it would also bring people back. I can't tell you how many friends of mine have quit due to flying mounts since their introduction.

I'm sure plenty of other people agree with those friends, we'd lose subs and gain some. And the vast majority of you who would complain would still play anyway and you know it.

I despise the fact that I can hop on a flying mount, and fly across the entirety of the eastern kingdoms or kalimdor in about 10 minutes. On foot? It would take you hours, I want a world to enjoy. Not a snow globe.
Is "I Hate Flying" the latest fad to make people feel edgy or something? We hardly heard a word about flying, pro or con, until the expansion was announced, and suddenly the forums are full of extremists declaring flying to be the downfall of Azeroth's civilization.

The only thing new about this whole thing is extending the flightless world until the first patch. The rest we've done for three out of the four expansions, so please stop trying to slap a "New and Improved" label on something we've seen over and over again.
03/14/2014 05:08 AMPosted by Vantael
Except it would also bring people back. I can't tell you how many friends of mine have quit due to flying mounts since their introduction.

I can't tell you how many friends quit over the introduction of transmogrification for the same reason you can't think of how many quit over flying mounts.

I want a world to enjoy.

Nothing is stopping you from enjoying it.
03/14/2014 05:14 AMPosted by Vinxnotha
I never saw anyone complain about it.

Someone has never played on a server that enjoys WPvP.

03/14/2014 05:12 AMPosted by Bomdanil

I can't tell you how many friends quit over the introduction of transmogrification for the same reason you can't think of how many quit over flying mounts.

See my above statement. People quit over transmog for literally no reason. But flying mounts completely annihilated WPvP which for some people, was an enjoyful part of the game.

And no, I'm not talking about mindless ganking. But now 90% of WPvP fights is just one side sitting in the air until they are 110% sure they brought more players than the other team. There's no strategy to it anymore.

In b4 "who cares about wpvp?", obviously people do. Or we wouldn't have PvP servers at all.
I despise the fact that I can hop on a flying mount, and fly across the entirety of the eastern kingdoms or kalimdor in about 10 minutes. On foot? It would take you hours, I want a world to enjoy. Not a snow globe.

...then why do you have both engineering helicopters, Tyraels Charger, the drakes..why did you craft or buy the Sky Golem...why did you raid to get the Frostbrood mount out of Icecrown? If you didnt want it why did you roll on it?..why did you grind the rep and the marks for the drake out of Tol Barad?..why did you craft the flying carpets?

You say you despise them....yet you crafted at least three of them.

Why?

Every single I hate flying person I see has a slew of flight mounts and I keep asking why they have them if they hate flying that much? Sky Golems take thirty days to gather the mats..and if you didnt craft it, why did you buy it?

Youi want flying removed yet you have tons of flight mounts.

Why?
03/14/2014 05:14 AMPosted by Vinxnotha
Like you, I never saw anyone complain about it. In fact I remember people saying how much they wanted it when it came out. But now, a blue says it is bad, and people feel the need to follow the leader.

This is how I know the gaming community is filled with children who can't think for themselves.

i have never heard a single person I associated with in game say they were quitting because of flying. of course I have also spent 95% of my game time on a PVE server, perhaps it is an issue with PVP servers.

I would certainly hope they wouldn't be making that decision based on a minority of the playerbase. People who play on PVP servers aren't interested in fairness or balance, that's why none of the top 10 PVP servers have anything close to balance.
03/14/2014 05:17 AMPosted by Aehl

...then why do you have both engineering helicopters, Tyraels Charger, the drakes..why did you craft or buy the Sky Golem...why did you raid to get the Frostbrood mount out of Icecrown? If you didnt want it why did you roll on it?..why did you grind the rep and the marks for the drake out of Tol Barad?..why did you craft the flying carpets?

You say you despise them....yet you crafted at least three of them.

Why?

Why? Because I could. Also because some of those can also be used as ground mounts. And if I HAVE to fly (and don't say you don't have to, as long as everyone else I play with is flying, I am expected to as well) I might as well have mounts I like to look at.

My possession of rare flying mounts has nothing to do with this. I already CLEARLY stated I would trade every last one of them away if it meant removing flying from the game completely.
03/14/2014 05:16 AMPosted by Vantael
In b4 "who cares about wpvp?", obviously people do. Or we wouldn't have PvP servers at all.

Not everybody who plays on PVP servers is active in WPVP.

In fact, WPVP is perhaps the single worst reason to change anything in the game. I'm glad that you enjoy it, but it's pointless, has zero progression, and is won by whomever brings the most.