I support the No Flying Mounts in WoD.

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 8 Next
03/14/2014 05:16 AMPosted by Vantael
Someone has never played on a server that enjoys WPvP.

That's because a server can't enjoy anything. People can enjoy it, and some people on a server may enjoy it, but it isn't a universal thrill for everyone. The last thing I wanted to do when I was on Emerald Dream (Yes, I did play there) was PvP. I was there to roleplay with my guild and friends, not get ganked while doing so. It's why I ultimately left the server.

But flying mounts completely annihilated WPvP

Sir? Sir. I'm sorry to inform you of this, but you misspelled "battlegrounds".

But now 90% of WPvP fights is just one side sitting in the air until they are 110% sure they brought more players than the other team. There's no strategy to it anymore.

So nothing has changed from how wPvP has been since Classic? Colour me shocked.
03/14/2014 02:34 AMPosted by Trila

And when asked why they use them and just don't ride around on ground mounts if they like them so well, 90% that I've seen have basically said they need to be saved from themselves

/rollseyes

What are you five years old?
03/14/2014 02:34 AMPosted by Trila
And when asked why they use them and just don't ride around on ground mounts if they like them so well, 90% that I've seen have basically said they need to be saved from themselves

Nailed it.

Flying is a fantastic feature, and is far too deeply ingrained in the game now to get rid of altogether.

We're just not going to punch it to 88 to head back to tedious vanilla gameplay.
See my above statement. People quit over transmog for literally no reason. But flying mounts completely annihilated WPvP which for some people, was an enjoyful part of the game.

And we have a WINNER folks.

"Remove flight mounts so the people I want to gank cant get away from me"

The truth finally emerges. I am on a PVE server and I dont pvp so I dont see why I should lose my flight mounts because you want to gank.
03/14/2014 05:30 AMPosted by Aehl
The truth finally emerges.

Since PvPers are the only ones who are wholeheartedly gung ho about this change, it didn't take much to figure out why.
03/14/2014 05:21 AMPosted by Vantael
And if I HAVE to fly (and don't say you don't have to, as long as everyone else I play with is flying, I am expected to as well)

To paraphrase something my mother used to say, "And if everyone you play with jumped off a cliff..."
There is a reason why WoW was more fun pre-flying-mounts...

Because people actually had to work for stuff!

Now the game is so dumbed down that a blind kid could play it successfully lol.
n b4 "who cares about wpvp?", obviously people do. Or we wouldn't have PvP servers at all.

So explain to me what justification there is when I am not ON a pvp server.
03/14/2014 05:32 AMPosted by Chaoticburn
There is a reason why WoW was more fun pre-flying-mounts...

Because people actually had to work for stuff!

Now the game is so dumbed down that a blind kid could play it successfully lol.

You're not really stupid enough to believe that, are you?
For the millionth time, world PvP will never return to its peak with the removal of flying mounts. Battlegrounds killed world PvP. You will only see skirmishes.

That said, I like the idea of no flying in current content and having that ban lifted when new content comes out.
I don't see the point of waiting 6.1 (or even later) for flying.

Waiting to 100? Sure. I can do that. Heck, I can even deal with them not having flying in every "extra" zone they decide to implement.

Even the "WPvP" angle is silly since they're building a zone specifically for PvPers to beat the snot out of each other.
03/14/2014 05:17 AMPosted by Sweetpeaz
03/14/2014 05:14 AMPosted by Vinxnotha
Like you, I never saw anyone complain about it. In fact I remember people saying how much they wanted it when it came out. But now, a blue says it is bad, and people feel the need to follow the leader.

This is how I know the gaming community is filled with children who can't think for themselves.

[/quote]

The same goes on the both sides. This community is acting like a bunch for entitled 5 year old spoiled brats who've had their toy taken away from them. Blizzard wants to try something new, but people are in such an outrage over this topic. People claiming to be college graduates with PHDs acting like butthurt children. It's ridiculous.
The same goes on the both sides. This community is acting like a bunch for entitled 5 year old spoiled brats who've had their toy taken away from them. Blizzard wants to try something new, but people are in such an outrage over this topic. People claiming to be college graduates with PHDs acting like butthurt children. It's ridiculous.

When it comes to mounts that cost cash money, yes.
03/14/2014 05:25 AMPosted by Sweetpeaz
Not everybody who plays on PVP servers is active in WPVP.

This is correct. Some are there for friends or other personal reasons. I cannot deny it.

In fact, WPVP is perhaps the single worst reason to change anything in the game.

Neither was giving us free level 90's because people complained about leveling. And look where we are now.

I'm glad that you enjoy it, but it's pointless

Everything in this game is pointless. It's for fun, and some people have fun doing WPvP. Please tell me one productive thing people get out of PvE or organized PvP over WPvP. Go on, I'll wait.

has zero progression

Are you seriously implying that something has to offer progression to be worthwhile? Does RP offer progression? No? We have RP servers. What about pet battles? No? Thought as much.

and is won by whomever brings the most.

Halfway correct. I've seen the little guy on top more times than I can count in my years on this game. More numbers does not always mean you win. It does however give you an advantage, and at a certain point however it does mean 100% victory. But by no means is it the "beat all end all, you win" scenario.

03/14/2014 05:30 AMPosted by Aehl
See my above statement. People quit over transmog for literally no reason. But flying mounts completely annihilated WPvP which for some people, was an enjoyful part of the game.

And we have a WINNER folks.

"Remove flight mounts so the people I want to gank cant get away from me"

The truth finally emerges. I am on a PVE server and I dont pvp so I dont see why I should lose my flight mounts because you want to gank.

Except that's wrong, and you're implying WAY too much. There's another side to this coin, removing flying mounts can LESSEN ganking. If people aren't flying overhead, it's A LOT harder for them to spot you, isn't it? Also, most lowbies CAN'T fly. How does this help them? Flying mount hurts those players because they cannot get away PERIOD and are much easier to spot.

And I have zero interest in mindless ganking. In fact, I don't partake of it at all. It's not fun. Flying mounts however ruin it when you can just sit in the air and wait for your entire guild to show up so you can outnumber the other guy 2:1. I miss the old fashioned wars at meeting stones, the feeling of pushing the other faction out of my major cities on foot. Flying Mounts destroyed that.

03/14/2014 05:32 AMPosted by Ratinger
03/14/2014 05:21 AMPosted by Vantael
And if I HAVE to fly (and don't say you don't have to, as long as everyone else I play with is flying, I am expected to as well)

To paraphrase something my mother used to say, "And if everyone you play with jumped off a cliff..."

Incorrect. Take for example if my friends wish to run an old raid, or for example, I need to come help a lowbie guild member with something. Or even WPvP. What am I going to do? Say "Sorry guys, I refuse to use flying mounts out of principal. I'll catch up in a couple hours!"

I am forced to use them. Anyone saying anything different is blind. You HAVE to use a flying mount in WoW now to do almost any group activity you cannot queue for, otherwise you will 100% alienate yourself.
03/14/2014 05:35 AMPosted by Pretzles
Blizzard wants to try something new

What new thing are they supposedly trying in WoD? We've seen how they design quest content for a decade. They aren't going to suddenly create SWTOR quality questing just because the year is now 2014 instead of 2013.

03/14/2014 05:39 AMPosted by Vantael
Please tell me one productive thing people get out of PvE or organized PvP over WPvP.

Gear, mounts, pets, and a sense of progression within the game.

Does RP offer progression?

Yes.
Vote with your wallet, enjoy flying? Don't buy the expansion at all.
I am forced to use them. Anyone saying anything different is blind. You HAVE to use a flying mount in WoW now to do almost any group activity you cannot queue for, otherwise you will 100% alienate yourself.

I don't think forced means what you're implying.

You feel pressured, socially, to fly. That is not forced. No one is forced to fly. And I'm still waiting for someone who has refused to fly on general principle.

If you don't want to, you really don't have to. Or you can use it sparingly.