No Flying in WoD, part 3

General Discussion
Prev 1 20 21 22 26 Next
The funny thing about all of this is the notion that Warlords' content will somehow be different, that it will be purposely-designed so you can complete the content with no flying according to Afrasiabi. Well, all of Mists of Pandaria's questing was designed with no flying in mind. All of the questing was on your ground mount. I thought it was pretty excellent content and had fun with it. Then, at max level you got your flying mount. Which I used to do my dailies and farming and just getting around from place to place. Which had no bearing on how fast I got through the questing content. None whatsoever because I'd already done it. So, what's so different this time? They flat out want to take away flying with this pretext of "let's wait and see."
I thought flying ruined WoW. Now not flying is going to ruin WoW.

You can't please everyone.
03/18/2014 06:13 AMPosted by Fënir
They could clear this up with one post. The fact that they haven't is telling me that flying will not be coming 6.1 if at all. It actually tells me they are gunning for no flight in WoD.

Oh, well yes we know this already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=V8P4xSFOj0M

Start at 6:00.
I feel the same way. Not motivated to work on progressing characters in a game I'm unsure will keep my interest in WoD. The cryptic bait and switch feels disrespectful. Unsubscribing today. I went from having my finger on the pre-order now button to leaving wow over this issue.
They have done this with every expansion. suck it up.
It's a damned shame they didn't make a real aerial combat system the new feature in WoD instead of mud huts and castles. Then they wouldn't have needed to take the sky from us. Their excuse was that it'd turn WoW gameplay into something different. Like erecting mud huts and castles and managing their personnel isn't something different.
03/18/2014 06:49 AMPosted by Kaganfindel
It's a damned shame they didn't make a real aerial combat system the new feature in WoD instead of mud huts and castles. Then they wouldn't have needed to take the sky from us. Their excuse was that it'd turn WoW gameplay into something different. Like erecting mud huts and castles and managing their personnel isn't something different.

Holy gryphon wings. Nothing could have been funnier than a battleground with aerial combat.
03/18/2014 06:38 AMPosted by Mitsuba

Difference is I think you would be hard pressed to find anyone who quit the game cause they brought in flying mounts. If so they quit all the way back in BC. Do you really think they are coming back?

Finding people that have or will quit if flying is removed from WoD isn't to tough.

You think the forums are bad now wait until the silent majority (people not at forums) get to level 100, go to the capital city to learn flying and then find out it isn't available. Yeah people are going to love having that feature taken away <rolls eyes>

You think the forums are bad now wait until the silent majority (people not at forums) get to level 100, go to the capital city to learn flying and then find out it isn't available. Yeah people are going to love having that feature taken away <rolls eyes>

Yeah, that day is not going to be a fun day to be on these forums.
03/18/2014 06:43 AMPosted by Ozul
I feel the same way. Not motivated to work on progressing characters in a game I'm unsure will keep my interest in WoD. The cryptic bait and switch feels disrespectful. Unsubscribing today. I went from having my finger on the pre-order now button to leaving wow over this issue.

Best of luck to you in the future. I hope they resolve this so we can come back.
03/18/2014 07:14 AMPosted by Gunny
Taking out flight will impact dailies and any leftover quests after you get to 100. How will they make dailies compelling enough to get you to do them even on the ground? They will gate 'must have' items behind them. Then, because WoW players are obsessive when it comes to things like that and will do the dailies whether they are fun or not, they can point at the participation numbers and talk about how successful everything was being run on the ground.

Bam! No-fly until 6.1 was a huge success! Take flight out of the game!

Not much of a stretch. They've always been able to force participation in things that weren't fun by dangling a carrot. They will do the same thing here.

No haven't you heard we are still getting flight come 6.1 cause they haven't made a official statement yet. <rolls eyes>
03/18/2014 07:26 AMPosted by Nayaga
The official statement is "wait and see", but please give us your money now on a preorder and we will give you a flying mount you will likely not be able to fly on in WoD. LOL

It amazes me how many people are ok with that. Then again the silent majority has no clue this is coming down the pipe and personally I think that is what Blizzard is counting on.
03/18/2014 07:33 AMPosted by Nayaga
03/18/2014 07:30 AMPosted by Fënir

It amazes me how many people are ok with that. Then again the silent majority has no clue this is coming down the pipe and personally I think that is what Blizzard is counting on.
Most people expect flying at level cap, I predict trainwreck when it happens.

It's sad that the definition of trainwreck to them will be based on the bottom line, and not whether or not people are happy about it.
I personally feel flying ruined wow, so I would be happy to see it go. You have my support blizzard.
03/17/2014 08:47 PMPosted by Deatthgiver
was a chore that i miss

CHORE??!?! This is to be FUN, not CHORES not work but entertainment. I don't mind paying for entertainment, but chores someone better be paying me or the better be a damn good reward for doing those chores.

No flying in the xpac for the current content. No money from me for it. I also mostly buy the CE version of all of Blizzards games, for the pets and FLYING mounts. If they changed their tag line to: BUY our CE deluxe version to get this GREAT GROUND mount. Not worth the extra dollars. I have spent hundreds of extra dollars on mounts and pets from the store. I would feel cheated that those mounts are no longer "FLYING" mounts as they were purchased as FLYING Mounts not ground mounts for World of Warcraft not just XYZ expansion.

I know how big companies work. They are looking to maximize their profits (I can't fault them for that) but I can give them a reason to keep getting money from me, by keeping flying in the game. Without it, cya. I feel that from them selling "FLYING" mounts in the store and if they remove flying from the new game areas, that us consumers were sold a lie.

I am about to do something I have never done before in preparation for the no flying ever crap, reduce my subscription down from every 6 months to every 3 or monthly. That way I will not have the prepaid time wasted when the final word comes that there will be no flying. If its the other way, I will go about my way and return to every 6 months.
03/18/2014 06:38 AMPosted by Mitsuba

How many millions of subscribers did wow have in vanilla? How many of them are even still here?