Paladin for WOD

Paladin
Im trying to decide to main holy or ret for WOD, if it is true gear can go any way. Will stg transfer to intell, so i can play RET AND HOLY for once in my wow career? Recently have been torn with the decision of WW monk/MW or my Paladin i have played my pally since Vanilla and kinda quit it right when mop came out and made monk my main. So i guess question two would be, will my paladin be decent still for pvp? or should i stick with my monk. To be honest i miss my paladin a lot, ret can get stale and i remember times when i got a little bored of it. But my pally has been in the family for a long time now. So any advice on this?
any advice would be very helpful
Only pieces of plate gear will change their primary stat based on your chosen specialization. Cloaks, amulets, rings, trinkets and main-hand weapons will still retain their stat allocation regardless of your spec.
I was born Ret, I am Ret, and I will be Ret when the WoW hamster wheel chases Fival west. I mean, this name is too awesome to go Protting around with.
Be a real paladin and have more than two gear sets.

03/23/2014 09:05 AMPosted by Areos
Only pieces of plate gear will change their primary stat based on your chosen specialization. Cloaks, amulets, rings, trinkets and main-hand weapons will still retain their stat allocation regardless of your spec.

Primary stat on those pieces should still change, but all of those pieces can/will have stats that don't.

You can't just switch your spec from holy to ret and have all your gear right. It's not meant to completely eliminate the need for multiple gear sets, you just won't be maintaining 50+ pieces of gear anymore.
I understood that rings, trinkets, and such would not longer have primary stats at all and only have secondary stats. Is this correct?

Either way, with normal and heroic raiding not sharing a loot lockout, gearing up a second spec should be easier than ever. Plus the fact that you'll only need one tier set (assuming gemming and enchanting don't get in the way).

As for Monk or Pally, I'd say wait until the 6.0 patch and test both of them out to see which one is more your style.
03/24/2014 12:44 PMPosted by Monzaligar
I understood that rings, trinkets, and such would not longer have primary stats at all and only have secondary stats. Is this correct?

Incorrect. Non-armor pieces will have more role-specific secondary stats allocated to them, such as spirit for healers and additional armor for tanks. Regardless, these pieces should still have stamina and either strength or intellect.
Think you have it rough 2.5 royal satchels just filled with gear pieces
-Holy And ret PvP and PvE
Adds a bit more content to the game right?