Thanks, Zul'Jin.

Zul'jin
Here goes the gushy gushy post.

So, I've been contemplating coming back to WoW, and when Blizzard emailed me saying they'd give me 7 free days or whatever, I said sure. The reason why I quit was simply because I can't pick things. I rolled a draenei pally, and got that to level 70. (Didn't have WotLK) and got kinda bored. There were a few reasons why, one, being I didn't like the race, two being I didn't like the servers million alliance to only a few horde (The reason I went to the server was because a friend was there, but that's long gone.)

So I finally decided (Seriously, after all the hours upon hours of research, eventually turning into days) what server I wanted to go onto (Which is this one) because I like lotsa population and unlike what seems like every other server that I've looked at the posts, the people here aren't like "Go away, we're full" and all that other stuff. The people that said something about their server that I read were helpful, and not only that, but they gave good "reviews". So I went for it.

I rolled my undead warrior (Currently at lvl 24, Which I'm loving right now, despite the lack of a real beard. My flesh beard will have to do.) and in no less then 15 minutes, a level 80 sent a trade, put up 100 gold and then accepted. I immediately said thank you and all that other stuff, and they just replied "np, i hate starting a new character without any money" This pretty much confirmed for me that I was in the right server.

But you know what the weird thing was? The same thing happened on my last server. (To whom, we became friends, and yesterday I gave him 750g on my pally that I won't ever play, karma maybe?)

So thanks, Zul'Jin. I'ma be naive and think you are all like that. :) (And thank you WoW for making all the starting zones interesting and what not, I've had a lot of fun so far.)
cool story bro
12/04/2010 10:31 PMPosted by Erune
cool story bro

Hmn, tough crowd.
Better not tell it at the parties.
Research on which realm to play on? Unless you think too deeply about it, theres not a whole lot of research you can do. I guess it depends what your looking for. Number of top guilds? Overall/average server progression? "Hardest" pvp battlegroup? Population? Horde/alliance ratios? Player niceness? (theres jackasses no matter where you go lol), etc... Honestly if you really look into it I couldn't see it taking more than an hour or two...

But anyways, welcome I guess, I do play on this server, this is just a retired character I like to use to post on. You better hurry on lvling before all your zones are plagued with a bunch of goblins!
12/04/2010 11:16 PMPosted by Asahina
Research on which realm to play on? Unless you think too deeply about it, theres not a whole lot of research you can do. I guess it depends what your looking for. Number of top guilds? Overall/average server progression? "Hardest" pvp battlegroup? Population? Horde/alliance ratios? Player niceness?

For a person that's not me, then yes.
I'm not OCD in real life, but hell, I can go for an hour on a character creation screen. The sad thing is, I really don't care about progression/top guilds and whatnot. S'long as there's people and their forums are good and the percentage to horde/alliance and wins/loss in BG are alright.
I don't know why that takes so long for me to find/settle on.
You and I think alike, Volzo. I used to play on Misha, which wasn't really the best for being Horde. I left for about 6 months, and when I came back I had no ties left on the server. Like you, spent my fair share of time looking for a high population realm, closer data center, and and relatively even alliance:horde activity. I had a pleasant starting experience here too. With the shattering, there were plenty of troll warlocks/druids for chit chat. So far the Zul'Jin experience has been alright, but the only guilds I've been invited to had an initial mass guild invite spree which lead to like 5 people online, no one talking. City chat is what you'd expect; anal thunderfury jokes, trolls abound, but for the most part it's not bad.