Volley

Hunter
I miss it,i miss having a channeled directed AOE. sigh :(
You and I both
I agree, besides Barrage already being extremely good, I play with it mainly because even though its not directed it seems very similar to volley and gives me my nostalgia trip.

QQ that its on a 30 second CD though, sadly it would be much too OP if it was not.
If you could get it as a fire and forget skill I'd want it back. BUT if you want the original you're insane.
It's kinda stupid how they said they removed it because it was awkward for a energy-like class to have a channel, yet Monks have things like Fists of Fury. They should at least add it as a minor glyph that doesn't so any damage like Rain of Frogs.
Am I the only one that doesn't miss volley? I think the same as Voodoorage, unless it had some improvements I would rather stick with multi-shot.

On the other hand I really miss eyes of the beast. Blizz really had 0 reasons to remove it, it was a pure fun spell.
03/24/2014 04:28 PMPosted by Wurópp
It's kinda stupid how they said they removed it because it was awkward for a energy-like class to have a channel, yet Monks have things like Fists of Fury. They should at least add it as a minor glyph that doesn't so any damage like Rain of Frogs.

There is a difference between fists of fury and volley of old.

Volley of old was akin to a warlocks rain of fire, a huge resource sink that was designed to force us to regain mana on any heavy aoe encounter, weakening our dps output for sustained aoe when it mattered.

The old point and channel aoe required a constant stream of resources, and left us drained resource wise.

Now though, multishot is the gateway to our aoe abilities, where once it was an avoided ability. Is it resource intensive? sure, but now our aoe works well with an energy system.

Fists of fury has a chi resource cost and a 25 second CD, the channel occupies the monk long enough for a large volume of energy to be regenerated, allowing more back to back jabs and black out kicks/rising sun kicks. Fists of fury is better suited for a single target use, than an aoe use (due to damage getting split evenly among affected targets), and is low on the priority, mainly being used when energy regeneration won't cap at max energy during the channel. Its an ability with decent damage output that buys the monk time to regain energy so that monks don't spend large quantities of time waiting on energy to cast abilities (like rogues and feral druids do).

Volley was a resource sink, not a means of gaining resources. It was meant to be our major aoe, and to make our aoe dps output stand and channel, sustained or burst. Now our aoe is run around if you wish, fire off multi shot, and pet manage or target swap as necessary. Stand and channel aoes are very low intellect, low effort, and low interest mechanics, and for the most part, blizzard as cut them out of the game.

Look at fire mages, who's aoe involves flame strike, living bomb, combustion and inferno blast, look at arcane mages who's aoe involves arcane charge management and use of arcane barrage, in addition to use of the bomb talent. Look at warlocks, demo's aoe involves fell guard, hand of guldan, and hell fire, or fell guard, immolation aura, and chaos wave; destro warlocks aoe involves instant cast rain of fire, fire and brim stone multi doting, and havoced shadow burns. Many and most ranged have abandoned the old stand and channel aoe scheme, blizzard is pulling away from this scheme as time goes one. AoE is being made interactive and more than a 1 button spam, for most classes.
!@#$ that. Multi Shot is a million times better than Volley ever was. Yeah, it was pretty cool seeing a rain of arrows, but a channel ability for AOE is kind of %^-*ty. Notice how Mages never use Blizzard and Warlock's Rain of Fire became instant? It's because channeling is rubbish.
03/25/2014 07:12 AMPosted by Eurugan
Stand and channel aoes are very low intellect, low effort, and low interest mechanics, and for the most part, blizzard as cut them out of the game.

because hitting your multi-shot bind takes intellect and effort, right?
Is multi better now yeah but i still miss the old style of play that made me fall in love with playing a hunter. IE: Mana, ammo, volley, eyes of the beast, etc. Idk maybe i've just been playing too long, lol.

Would be nice at least to get volley as a vanity glyph for nostalgia sake :/
I know you appreciate the nostalgic feelings of it, But if it came back it'd end up costing 90 focus and not doing near the amount of just spamming Multi-shot. Be glad they never took Multi away from us.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jU28lrIcC8

You and me both.
03/25/2014 03:16 PMPosted by Ratokk
because hitting your multi-shot bind takes intellect and effort, right?

Well, lets see, for MM, you have a point.

For SV, if the adds are spread out, you target swap and multishot various groups to serpent spread multi dot everything. Further, in small add number fights, multi shot once every 15 secs to cleave with serpent spread.

For BM, multi shot once every 4 seconds, and the real aoe, beast cleave, requires pet micro management to maximize, and can be gamed for more burst aoe dps with fervor and BW. Making sure your pet is in the middle of the aoe group so that it hits everything is a bit more challenging than mutlishot usage.

Stand, point, click, channel, repeat was much less work, at least now we use cobra shot in-between multi casts and our aoe tactics vary with number of adds.
Barrage is amazing for an AoE option. I wish it was baseline.
They removed it in the mass AoE removal that happened with Cataclysm.

Reminds me of the mass CC removal happening with Warlords really.
I miss volley i hope they put it in the next expansion because retired hunters of wow like me i went druid because of no volley would probably play the game again.
Replace power shot with volley

0 focus toggle

Your auto attacks and shots not hit all nearby targets within X yards of your target for 25% of the damage but abilities cost 100% more focus
I didn't care for Volley at all.

And then Lei Shi happened...
I love how their logic behind the removal of Volley was no more point and click AoE....

yet...

Blizzard
Flamestrike
Rain of Fire

-_-