Ret vs Arms for progression raiding?

Paladin
I'm asking this question on the Warrior forum too, but just wanted suggestions. I've got a 90 boost and I'm definitely going to roll one of these, but just wanted to know pros and cons and which I'd more likely get the most mileage out of.
Thanks!
You'll get more damage out of an Arms Warrior, more utility out of a Ret Pally. Both are viable. Play whichever you have more fun with.
03/26/2014 02:22 PMPosted by Qris
You'll get more damage out of an Arms Warrior, more utility out of a Ret Pally. Both are viable. Play whichever you have more fun with.

This
Are you in a raid group? Do they have access to both Paladins and Warriors? If not, maybe play the class the group needs more, if you don't really care which toon you roll.

Warriors will offer the group better offense, via Skull Banner, and Shattering Throw. They can also give the Attack Power buff, or Stam, via shouts. Defensively, Warriors have Demo Banner and Rally Cry, that will lower the incoming dmg, and boost raid health respectively.

Ret doesn't have much in the way of offensive bonuses, but our "raid saves" are much more extensive. We can offer Mastery or Stats buff. Devo Aura is pretty important on a lot of fights. We can spot heal with Selfless Healer, which when used on another player, is almost like a LoH. Then there is, of course, LoH. Our Hand spells offer a ton of utility, which can be extended via Clemency talent. If you have a monk tank, Hand of Purity is a huge external CD for them.

Also, a paladin has the option to tank or heal. Warrior can only tank as an off spec.
I have a 550 geared (no cloak) fury warrior alt (34% crit) who is great fun to dps with, but my little 90 ret boost here is quickly becoming my favorite character.

I just enjoy the playstyle, it makes me wish I'd rolled a paladin back in vanilla so I'd have a geared one now.
03/28/2014 06:35 AMPosted by Dheri
it makes me wish I'd rolled a paladin back in vanilla so I'd have a geared one now.

Noononono noo no you're MUCH better off picking up a paladin in MoP than you woulda been in vanilla lol.
it makes me wish I'd rolled a paladin back in vanilla.

No you don't. Really, you don't.