Ret Paladin Past and Future

Paladin
Hello, my friend has been playing Ret since Vanilla.

I HATE leveling.. but it seems I have every class at 90 now. Took long enough.

For WOD I would like to main a class that will be easy for 2v2, 3v3, and RBG when paired with a Ret.(Double DPS)

Honestly, I would like to play a Monk as my main. Hoping CC nerfs in WOD will make a lot more comps viable.

Questions:

1. Are hunters still the best DPS partners for Ret paladins?

2. Were hunters always the best DPS partners for Ret paladins?

3. Would you guess that hunters are going to be the best DPS partners for Ret paladins?
03/28/2014 01:40 AMPosted by Gnimish
1. Are hunters still the best DPS partners for Ret paladins?

Hunters make a great Retribution Paladin partner, yes. Will they be the best partner next expansion? Nobody knows as of yet.

2. Were hunters always the best DPS partners for Ret paladins?

They have a strong history together, but Retribution has also had strong ties in double melee compositions. Death Knights in particular make excellent partners for Retribution Paladins.

3. Would you guess that hunters are going to be the best DPS partners for Ret paladins?

We don't know how anything will turn out next expansion, but early beta information has shown that Hunters haven't changed much, and developer tweets have implied that Retribution won't change much either. Obviously a stretch to say, but I don't see their synergy with one another dying down any time soon.
Thank you.