Arena 0pt bug?

Arenas
Prev 1 22 23 24 36 Next
I don't see the big issue.
Grafix, for me personally, I'd like to see the ratings achievements that would be achievable for someone of my skill level in wrath/cata be achievable today. (2k, 2.2k).
03/31/2014 11:33 AMPosted by Kained
I don't see the big issue.

just winning more than you lose obviously isn't the case. if it was, the people that have gone say 20-5 in a given que session while still not gaining any rating would have, you know, gained rating.

this is in response to something you said 2 pages ago, by the way. i just don't feel like going back and quoting it.

03/31/2014 11:50 AMPosted by Eàster
Grafix, for me personally, I'd like to see the ratings achievements that would be achievable for someone of my skill level in wrath/cata be achievable today. (2k, 2.2k).

i can understand that, but again, too much inflation is not good. s9 and s10 were perfect examples. when 3k rating becomes a thing that looks normal at the end of the season, it's not good.

this system will more than likely cause that to happen for the top of the ladder, and since the bottom of the ladder will probably fall out, you could end up having 1900 be Challenger.
Blizzards best April Fools joke ever?
03/31/2014 11:56 AMPosted by Bioz
Blizzards best April Fools joke ever?

If it is , it costed them subs.
If it isn't, it still costed them subs.
Funny how they keep deleting threads regarding this new system.
what if you play at an mmr above your cr? does that mean you lose nothing and only gain?
Manmoon, that is correct.
K thanks.
The intent of this change was to fix a bug that was allowing some players to boost their personal rating far above their matchmaking rating. Unfortunately, the change we made inadvertently affected many legitimate players as well, causing them to see a personal rating gain of 0 in some cases.

To correct this, we’ll be relaxing the boundaries at which the system will attempt to limit personal rating gains (or losses) in relation to a player’s individual MMR. Once this hotfix is live, you should once again see ratings gains or losses as normal as long as your personal rating is within 100 points of your individual MMR rating. Note that your own MMR is what matters here, not the average for your team (which is the number displayed at the end of a match).
03/31/2014 12:55 PMPosted by Lore
The intent of this change was to fix a bug that was allowing some players to boost their personal rating far above their matchmaking rating. Unfortunately, the change we made inadvertently affected many legitimate players as well, causing them to see a personal rating gain of 0 in some cases.

To correct this, we’ll be relaxing the boundaries at which the system will attempt to limit personal rating gains (or losses) in relation to a player’s individual MMR. Once this hotfix is live, you should once again see ratings gains or losses as normal as long as your personal rating is within 100 points of your individual MMR rating. Note that your own MMR is what matters here, not the average for your team (which is the number displayed at the end of a match).

Thank you Lore!
Is there any plan to unhide our personal MMR?
kool
03/31/2014 01:00 PMPosted by Jalopy
Is there any plan to unhide our personal MMR?

plz ! go back to S9, individual mmr is shown on the scoreboard
that's really all the system needed for the time being. i still don't think it will be an all around positive change until a full CR and MMR reset happens, but we won't see that until WoD CR wise. we may never see a MMR reset, sadly.