Arena 0pt bug?

Arenas
Prev 1 2 3 4 36 Next
03/28/2014 07:53 PMPosted by Daxxarri
We recently implemented a hotfix to address a bug that allowed Personal Ratings to exceed Matchmaking Rating. As a result, some players may notice that they do not gain or lose Personal Rating in the wake of a match. As more matches are played, these ratings will normalize and converge to the correct rating, and Personal Rating will then rise or drop accordingly.

In the meantime, we will continue to monitor the situation and make further adjustments if necessary.

So if you play with someone that has a lower mmr than you, you don't get points now?
If this is intended, this is a horrific solution. I have no idea why I'm not winning or losing points in what matches for what reasons. What in the world is going on.
Wouldn't it have been easier to sharpen the curve of rating gain/loss when playing at MMR drastically different than your CR?

Make someone who's 2400 CR playing at 2100 mmr get no points instead of four

Now it's extremely costly to play with anyone under your CR (ie 2.2 players playing with a 2150 partner) since you have to win a ton in a row to even gain small points.
in before complete s10-style ladder freeze
So for example, I HAD 2030 CR when I logged in today and went 10-6 at 1990 mmr, getting 0 rating gain for all 10* wins and losing 14ish for all losses.

That's how you want rating to work?
aorris im not sure if anyones ever told you this but your beautiful
Isn't this going to lead to everyone being lower rated as time goes on? I mean you're going to lose some games with new people, and you gotta win atleast a few in a row to raise the MMR up to your CR
my question is how these ninja hotfixes never are added to patch notes.... like the most important things arent in the notes. I dont understand this logic.....
Seriously mad. Now I cant just randomly queue stuff, I have to main team everything because losses have dramatic affects on CR.. This is going to hurt arena participation plz stop
isnt this just gona punish people who qued today with lower mmr people
03/28/2014 07:53 PMPosted by Daxxarri
We recently implemented a hotfix to address a bug that allowed Personal Ratings to exceed Matchmaking Rating. As a result, some players may notice that they do not gain or lose Personal Rating in the wake of a match. As more matches are played, these ratings will normalize and converge to the correct rating, and Personal Rating will then rise or drop accordingly.

In the meantime, we will continue to monitor the situation and make further adjustments if necessary.

what
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ rofl seriously
I think I see what they're doing now.

They want mmr to be equal to your rating.

If your mmr is higher than your rating, you won't lose rating for a loss.
However, if your mmr is lower than your rating, you won't gain rating for a win.

The problem, however, is fairly obvious. Mmr isn't a personal thing, it's based on your entire time, so very rarely will you ever have the same mmr as your team, so every time you queue at least 1 person in your group won't be gaining/losing rating.