[April Fools] Warlords of Draenor - 6.0 Patch Note Preview

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 45 Next
04/01/2014 08:29 AMPosted by Bashiok
To make playing a Mage more enjoyable, players who use the words “tray,” “food,” “drink,” “table,” “snack,” “mage,” or “pls” in Raid, Party, Battleground, Say, Yell, General, or Trade channels within a Mage’s hearing are killed instantly.

I lost it here and when I read Arthas is in the Frozen sequel.
This is literally the best set of patch notes ever posted in the history of MMOs.
04/01/2014 08:40 AMPosted by Nyres
Seriously can we stop with this april fools stuff we have the outcasts game, the dreanei female now this why do you guys have to go overboard with all these jokes rather than actually work on the game?

At least they have a sense of humor.
The “kazoo music” heard in Pandaren inns now have a chance to play instead of any other music anywhere in the game.

I would be totally fine with this being real.
04/01/2014 08:45 AMPosted by Cormag
The “kazoo music” heard in Pandaren inns now have a chance to play instead of any other music anywhere in the game.

I would be totally fine with this being real.

I wouldn't, god I hate it so much.
Shadow Priests have been retuned to be almost as good as Warlocks in every way. Almost.

fingers crossed
04/01/2014 08:43 AMPosted by Moonphyre
04/01/2014 08:40 AMPosted by Nyres
Seriously can we stop with this april fools stuff we have the outcasts game, the dreanei female now this why do you guys have to go overboard with all these jokes rather than actually work on the game?

Everyone deserves some fun! Didn't it even make you smile just a little to see the April Fool's jokes from Blizzard?

The only one that was funny was the fighting game because it was done in the old style of a joke. The thing that killed it for me was that they did an entire Artcraft joke at this even thought they are likely well aware of how infrequent those are and how much people look forward to it. Making one of those a is like a kick below the belt than an actual joke. Also the creations of these jokes are taking away from development time on Warlords.
Temba, at rest!

Zinda, his face black, his eyes red!

Mirab, with sails unfurled...

Sorry, the priest section made me do it... Anyway, had a good laugh often enough.

Also, @Bashiok: Priests don't fail. Unless you cut them, as then they start bleeding.
I like this a lot more than last years!
"As a part of the pre-expansion launch event, reaching the end of the Siege of Orgrimmar raid will now display: “Thank you! But our Garrosh is in another castle.”"

Endless giggles.
First, ^ this SO MUCH.

Second, Fan of Knives should turn you into Young Neil.
Druids only have 4 specs, so the note about removing the 5th spec is extra funny.
Someone said Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker.
I SAID IT
Seems legit
Mage

Using the Mage spell Blink will now attract the attention of creepy angel statues. Don’t “Blink.”

LOL
To help resolve spelling issues once and for all, Rogues have been renamed to Blush.

And I was hoping Mascara would show up.
These were freakin epic.

My favorites'

Rockbiter Totem now transforms the Shaman into a large stone elemental that cannot save their friends, despite having such big, strong hands.

New Spell: Holy Diver. Sends the caster down too long in the Midnight Sea.

Transmogrification is now an entirely random event, and occurs via a new Hunter Transmogrification NPC named Nivlac. Nivlac will spawn randomly into the world and shoot you with his Transmogrifier to permanently turn your character into whatever he happens to be thinking about at the time. His pet, Sebboh, probably has something witty and insightful to say about that.

The Calvin and Hobbes was especially touching

If Diablo III: Reaper of Souls is installed, Paladin characters will stare longingly over a fence at the Crusader, and then look away and pretend to be picking their nails if the Crusader notices.

What a great April Fool's Day.
There is so much win in this post! +1000 internets for the obscure references.

Also...i kinda want a pet's pet garrison
Nice job there, I had trouble not laughing hysterically when reading that!
Pet Battles

Pet Garrisons
Why should you get to have all the fun? Introducing the Pet Garrison! A miniature version of your Garrison within your Garrison, run by your Battle Pets.
Pet Pet Garrison
Why should your pet get to have all the fun? Introducing the Pet Pet Garrison! A miniature version of your pet’s Pet Garrison within your pet’s Pet Garrison, run by your Battle Pet’s Battle Pets.

I lost it here too. This is the best.